9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

1% increase to the stat budget for every 10 ilvl. If we applied that today, a 200 vs a 227 would have at most a 3% difference in stats between them.
It was superior to WoD because you skipped the irrelevant grind, it doesn’t matter where you got the gear in legion largely. Only expansion where you could realistically start pushing high rating from the onset (especially true after AP grind catch up).

4 Likes

But I enjoyed gearing up in WoD. /shrug

Legion and onwards I did not enjoy it.

4 Likes

Can’t believe this thread is still going and no Blizz attention. Wish they’d stop being bullheaded and pushing what people vocally dislike all the time. I remember Holinka saying “we like” when talking about gear gaps and my eyes rolled so hard. I don’t care at all what Blizz likes, esp. since their interests seem pretty conflicting with players these days

10 Likes

please give us a dev reply even if just to tell us to shut up and nothing is changing just let us know you read this and considered it ty

4 Likes

I believe the reply was in the venruki interview: PVP gearing has to suck because of PVE gear progression…

And chasing ilvl all season is what we as PVP players enjoy

1 Like

yall ready for the item level gap of 100 in 9.1?

1 Like

Yep! by levelling up my TBC characters, so I can play that game instead.

4 Likes

i wish i had more interest in TBC.

maybe ill buy a character boost or something

the very small difference in ilvl is very appealing to me. i imagine casual pvp is ten thousand times better and fun in TBC. its just all my homies play retail and i would miss them so much =(

2 Likes

1 honor set. 1 conquest set that’s all.

22 Likes

but the token sales would drop tremendously!

how will blizzard CEO buy a new island without the token sales? you only think about yourself

11 Likes

Keeping the post bumped!

https://imgur.com/fSxbR0B

This is the main reason that I hate this PvP gearing system.

2 Likes

on Venruki’s stream. Swolinka already said they are happy with the state of pvp gearing going into 9.1. Thus, nothing is changing next patch. Sorry, Exalter :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

3 Likes

Pretty much, along with a bunch of “yeah we’ll look into it”, “we’re thinking about it”, “maybe but we’re not sure”.

Also, bump

1 Like

The grind to gear up an alt pvp is absolutely atrocious. Having to obtain all your honor gear, and upgrade it to ilvl 197 takes WAAYYYYY too long. And this is absolutely mandatory (esp if you’re not a pro, or playing with one) if you want to actually win enough games in arena to obtain conquest gear at a reasonable rate.

For S2 they are absolutely going to have to revamp the honor/conquest gear aquisition. Meaning the first rank of honor gear (currently 158 ilvl) should be increased to approximately 200. If they don’t do this…you can forget about alts in pvp existing at all (except for ones that were already fully geared before the start of S2).

Another thing I noticed while bringing up an alt that’s absolutely assinine is the fact that your first legendary (on an alt) requires 5000 soul ash instead of 1250 like your first toon. Shouldn’t your first legendary on every toon be 1250? Just another example of something that exists for absolutely no reason other than to increase sub time. Deplorable!

12 Likes

Yeah I forgot how brutal gearing a fresh alt is. My DK dinged 60 two weeks ago. I’m not even half way capped on my conquest points lol :smile:

By the sounds of it what you see on the PTR right now is what we’re getting in 9.1. Anything new is a typical “maybe for 9.1.5 or 9.2” response. This translates into a pretty large disconnect between the pvp developers and the pvp player community and/or an undertone of contempt the dev’s have for their own player base. What we’re getting is a system similar to something we had 3 expansions ago that doesn’t even fit within the current system they launched SL with nor does it address the problems the community has repeatedly communicated back.

On the otherhand, perhaps everything is working as intended and they just don’t care if you like it or not because they do and token sales are a boomin’.

7 Likes

IDK if it true but Preach just said that the domination gear/gems will work in PvP over 9% more dmg with only 3. PvE to PvP- Ion

3 Likes

Means that BiS mythic raid gear will be better than PvP gear. Idk how many people will acquire it

:thinking: What does this even mean???