9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

all of the allowed questions will be pre-approved sadly.

there will be no on the spot questions allowed.

sadly… this interview isnt gonna give us much, if anything at all.

its just gonna be the same old garbage “yeah we looked into that, we thought about it, but no”

1 Like

I understand that; all blizzard interviews are like that. I’m asking if multiple people can ask about it in the twitter thread for increased visibility. We’re unlikely to get a real answer, but the more people who ask, the more likely they are to address at least part of the issues at hand.

gimmie templates i want to play all 12 classes every season

7 Likes

this would be my dream come true… to be able to play every class at a somewhat competitive and fair level in pvp without massive grinds.

i could do this in wod and legion, but def not this xpac =(

Legion was bis for gearing for sure.

“Muh RPG” people won’t let us have this though.

4 Likes

I’m gonna channel my inner Doze

Current PvP gearing is :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Bumpy Bump, bumpity bump.

1 Like

forgot a couple of these :poop: :poop: :poop:

1 Like

They have been under a gag order since WoD. Pre WoD BlizZard used to communicate on their own forums and media constantly.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Make sure this is brought up on the PVP Q&A.

4 Likes

Hopefully this is brought up in the q&a with holgungus and venruki

2 Likes

lol just lol at me.

sitting here bumping this thread every single day, for literally no reason at all.

im a grade A SUCKER baby.

i really hope pvp gearing can be better in 9.1 i just want to play a lot of alts man, without sitting in LFG for literal hours in order to do rated pvp

1 Like

I have played 1 class this entire season. I refuse to be put through the Maw, the honor gear system and then put through PvP just to get rolled by boosters…multiple times.

Sorry, that’s just not appealing to me. Idk about anyone else. This post is Months old, blizz is choosing not to see it at this point. They’re always so reactionary, it sours the player base more and more… so when all the subs go down next season…they’ll do something…

3 Likes

If i wanna play a game with a power gap id be better off sticking with BDO. This isnt a KR grinder the power gap we have now has never been this bad in 15 years.

4 Likes

This thread is now a huge portion of the pvp base chiming in. Keep it up all! Great discussions and great thoughts on improvement, trolling taking to the next lvl by some. Either way an entertaining read since the last time i was on here after the OP got started. Again, Thanks you to Rev for making this thread with great content and ideas.

Im an alt-aholic. All i play this game for is the unique PVP that cant be found in any other game since WoW implemented the pvp style in current existence. I hate lvling, and i hate pve, and i hate being forced to grind rep or do the same content over and over (dailies, torgash etc). As such, the best pvp experience i have ever had was Legion pvp after AP catch ups were put into place late into the expansion. Some people really hate the template system as it took away from the experience of gaining rewards for rating, and I can understand that. On the flip side…for myself and the alts i want to play and experience it made it the best experience i could have.

This…as OP Rev mentioned in the OP is what pvp was all about and the current gear system sucks and everyone that hasnt hit 2.1 on their alts or mains is at a huge disadvantage, and upwards climb. Not only do you have to be better then the team ahead of you, but the team ahead of you also has a huge gear advantage that even if you outplay them they can still win because they have better gear.

For my final thoughts as they have been said elsewhere on the thread and by other streamers etc. The gear system can be better, the gap needs to be smaller, and a catch up mechanic needs to be added so that when you hit that wall on your main or just keep playing the same 3 teams over and over you can still play the game on an alt.

Thanks all!

11 Likes

BUMP

plz respond blizzard.

We got a few days left till the big ole interview. Let’s try to get this post to 1000 comments by then.

1 Like

im down. bump

bumpo bumpo!

I agree with you forum. As a super casual player that has played every expansion I think this method of gearing is the most fun/motivated a casual player such as myself has ever been to try rated pvp. Sure it sucks when I big dmg ability from some over geared player destroys me but it just makes me want to grind to get that gear even more. The only people that need an even competitive playing field are those at the top and after 2100 (all the good players) they pretty much have the same gear except a weapon lol.

1 Like