9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

i think it is more that ‘fairness’ needs to be achievable (not skill blocked) and feasible (pretty quick grind times) for all pvp participants

the base set needs to be very fast to obtain, to reduce friction of entry. The 2nd set needs to be a very small power gap and achievable at roughly the same pace for most (a bit faster as a reward for high skill) with absolutely huge catchup shortcuts for mid and late season

4 Likes

Blues never respond to anything PvP related. They dont have thick skin. Ghostcrawler said something about players being too “mean”. Well if they neglect PvP like they have in the last 6.5 years straight they deserve to get their skulls bashed in.

11 Likes

Lol no blues. Devs are incompetent or malicious.

1 Like

Lots of replies to things pvp related… on the classic forums.

1 Like

Different team? Shadowlands uses some weird mix of ultra stooges, who dont even play their product. They just vomit it on plate.

3 Likes

they scared

game since the lich and never seen such a bad season. Honor items are worthless, domination is difficult to collect and upgrade by rating was the worst system launched in pvp.
Please blizzard don’t end the game’s pvp! Put only 3 pvp sets, 1 made by profession, 1 honor and the last domination. We want to have fun and not a second job

Boys wowhead made an article saying that the 9.1 gearing is a good change for all of us. They’re right, quickly resub to the game.

2 Likes

as a casual, I hardly ever log on anymore
imho, Ion and his team have killed the pvp base

:sob:
:disappointed:
:weary:

8 Likes

The luls… Oh man… So likely no changes if both Blizzard and wowhead are blind and parroting stuff to each other.

13 Likes

Oh yeah definitely, whatever I’m kinda getting sick of the overall gameplay anyway.

2 Likes

The game play feels so bad atm

5 Likes

Man… The best end game this game has is being able to play multiple characters. Like league of legends I love being able to fire up and start playing a wide variety of characters.

Actually bonkers to me this drive to make alts take forever and unfun. You will never be able to make enough content to keep the single toon only people happy. Stop catering to them.

10 Likes

Two quotes from this asinine Wowhead article.

The power gap in PvP for those using PvP gear has been narrowed across the board with this change.

No.

PvP gearing is the best it has been in years, and this indicates that Blizzard has been listening to the community in this regard.

Pure propaganda in the face of the obvious truth that this is not a popular system. I wonder how much they got paid to post this article.

I’m pretty close to done with this bull.

21 Likes

Yeah, the PvP ilvl gap barely changed :joy: like what?!?

And the “gearing” part probably is better than it has been in years with a vendor. Doesn’t mean PvP is actually better because of it though. Like I hated BFA PvP gearing but the scaling (although kinda garbage) made it passable. Same with legion, terrible gearing, but templates made it irrelevant.

Just such a hilariously bad article. You playing tbc at all?

3 Likes

Here is what the article says about WOD pvp gearing…

Warlords of Draenor | PvP Vendors | PvE gear is the best gear for PvP

I wasn’t aware that pve gear was best for pvp in WoD. Were you?

I’m considering TBC, but honestly, I don’t think Blizzard deserves my money. Their bad faith behavior needs to start being punished.

16 Likes
  • Remove rating for pvp gear. We already have to grind a pvp currency by the thousands to gear up, just fully commit to that and rating lock achievements, titles, mounts, cosmetic gear, etc. R1 players are going to wreck most people no matter what. At least with comparable gear the average players has a chance and likely will have more fun in the fight instead of being globaled.

• Lock high rated players from matching against low rating players when they tank their 2k rating to boost someone. If you hit 1800, you no longer queue against people below 1800. If you hit 2000, you no longer queue against people below 2000 - even if your partner is some schmuck who paid you 1MM gold to boost or just some friend you’re “coaching”. Maybe that increases queue times for everyone but I’ll take a longer queue over what’s currently ruining the pvp experience.

5 Likes

The thing that really irks me is that Blizzard will use this article as justification that everything is great even though the article is filled with, at best, misinformation and, at worst, outright lies.

3 Likes

Just make a new mmo you lazy incompetent indie company

That is actually one of the most comical things I’ve ever seen… Holy moly… Pure propaganda is right.

That’s fair. I’ll probably play for a bit as my irl best friend is hyped (last time he played was mop I think). We’ll both get bored at some point though. Don’t see myself coming back to retail unless they make some actually good changes.

4 Likes