9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Unsubbed in ~Feb and just resubbed for TBC.

I have consistently had the “itch” to pvp in retail pretty much the whole time I was unsubbed. However, the thought of all the required chores, and then playing at a gear disadvantage to grind to get fully geared, makes me not play.

It’s strange, wow is the only game I can think of where I really want to play it, but in practice does everything it can to prevent new/returning player engagement.

15 Likes

They are using TBC as a bandaid, to fill the empty void that is Shadowlands.

Ironically, the resources to develop TBC are probably by the same people developing Shadowlands…

So they create their own problems.

To stay on topic… I got to 1950 in TBC because I had an epic weapon that I crafted before anyone else. The difference here is that anyone can really do that. The mats are all droppable as far as I recall. Upgraded versions require raid droppable reagents.

Shadowlands? Class imbalance gets you there first with 1 shots. Then you gain massive gear advantage over others because you got rating (something not everyone can get), then there’s literally no chance you won’t be able to stay high rating after that.

Then players trying to break into this have a significantly harder time due to having to fight higher geared players, when those higher geared players never had to deal with that problem to begin with.

Bottom line, gear is a problem and in PvP should be balanced. Not like Legion templates either. I dont think ilvl should budge at all in PvP, should be the same for all. PvE, sure. PvP, no.

Unlocking ilvl of items should pertain to upgrading to higher ilvl items from PvP vendors, for use in PvE.

7 Likes

Maybe if we get this thread to 666 replies Blizzard will reply. They truly have treated us in such a devilish way, the number of the beast may be what’s needed to summon them.

4 Likes

well in that case, BUMP

2 Likes

Still waiting for a blue followup on these issues. Any day now.

11 Likes

yes please … :unamused:

4 Likes

good morning pvp gang, daily BUMP.

5 Likes

there is no sense in us even preaching this stuff anymore, they aren’t listening and i think have realized that there game has fallen. blizzard is holding on to the last limb with this expac. I would seek fun elsewhere like many of the previous subs that are no longer around have.

1 Like

i took a short break, played some other games… they were fun but i feel like they lacked depth.

even when wow is complete garbage… its still better than a lot of other games IMO.

plus i have a lot of pals that play and i missed them so much.

i guess u can say im hooked =/

2 Likes

oof, no1 wants to bump this thread anymore it seems.

i guess ill double post.

BUMP

4 Likes

Coming here to once again bump

4 Likes

yeah its looking pretty grim. however a daily BUMP doesnt take up too much of my free time, and its worth a shot even if its one out of a million.

This is by far the biggest thread on the arena forums ATM, we just need to keep it bumped and maybe we have a snowballs chance in hell of getting what we want.

If they screw up 9.1 i think even more people will leave.

2 Likes

Really hung over today boys, got a 4 hour drive ahead of me too. Ill be back on tuesday for more thoughts on this matter. God Speed Ion.

no blues yet? you hate to see it.

1 Like

do you just not care blizzard? 90% of pvpers hate this gearing system of gear locked behind rating.

plz do the right thing and give us what we are asking for.

9 Likes

For the most part, I think they believe we don’t know what we want…

3 Likes

Nor do they care what we want.

I will forever blame the people who trashed templates and scaling for this sorry state of affairs. You made your bed now lie in it.
Pvp cannot be competitive with such a power progression system working against it. They’re relatively silent now that things have degenerated as such.
Wow pvp will end up like arena shooters at this rate i feel.

4 Likes

Do arena shooters have a gear progression like WoW??

No but they had other systemic issues that lead to an ever dwindling playerbase until only a small core of truly dedicated and hard core remain to this day. When new players try to come in they are repelled because the skill curve is too steep and the feedback loop continues.

Very simplified breakdown but thats the big general issue.

1 Like