9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

making pushing certain ratings extremely difficult (particularly 2.4k).

Pushing to 2.4K implies that you aren’t above 2.4K.

Also, he is arguing for the overall health of the game not just for himself. Although, it would effect his alts that are climbing.

2 Likes

this has a negative impact on more than just casual pvpers, there’s no reason for anyone on the ladder to have an actual gear advantage in pvp situations.

4 Likes

good point

watching the entire pvp scene implode in real time is like watching a slow motion train wreck. You stare in disbelief but you just can’t do anything about it… /sigh

imho Ion sucks lol

4 Likes

bump.

kinda getting annoyed here blizzard.

Revo creates one os fh te best, most well thought-out posts of all times, is backed by 500 likes and numerous people bumping daily in hopes of a response.

blizzard just talk to us please.

11 Likes

I go back and forth between “they have no intention of speaking to us about pvp, the patch is about to launch and they ain’t said a word”

and

“maybe they are still working on changes because now we might not get 9.1 until July or August, which is quite the spectacle in of itself.”

2 Likes

trying to push to the next bracket where they have more hp, more damage and more healing than you feels miserable tbh.

9 Likes

The post does a good job explaning the problems with the current systems and points to the mayor problem for pvp this xpac, it is not the balance among clases or the game length (both are in a great spot in my opinion) but the gap between brackets which punishes alts and late season newcomers.

The answer in 2 “standardized” sets (ie honor and conquest) does address the problem of gear difference between brackets and with the conquest weekly cap, the solution it does not incur in “solving the gearing too fast/i have nothing to do”. A new issue arises from it although, players might use pvp pieces to gear up more easily, since conquest equipment is usually on par with raid ones. Maybe a small upgrade for conquest gear with 1 or 2 steps could be a good compromise and make the gear not that easy to acquire compared to pve.

Nevertheless, thank you for the post, hopefully the devs consider your post and our opinions seriously.
The game is great right now, make the systems do not work against it.

1000000% agree on this.
Blizzard please listen!

5 Likes

Bump for only 1 set of honor and 1 set of conquest

8 Likes

This is kind of off topic but damn, i cant believe how dead this game seems.

Ive been playing for like 4 hours this morning, just doing random BGs for fun.
A guy on my friends list has been looking for 3s partners for as long as ive been online…

I cant imagine just waiting around for 4 hours… looking for a partner yet not being able to find a single one… 4 frikken hours just sitting around doing nothing… man thats so sad… 4 hours and not a single game played… OUCH. =(

3 Likes

Don’t let it drop! Now back to the top! finger guns

2 Likes

Do you all just PvP because you like PvP, or is there other reasons?

I like collecting limited time elite mogs and the rare enchant. I come across many who do the same and we sometimes team up to do the grind. If it wasn’t for those sets, I doubt I would PvP. That’s my incentive. At the start of the season, I look up the elite sets, and decide what classes I’ll play. It’s not always easy but it’s me.

Now hang with me, there is a point and no tldr.

This season sucked, like BfA, because there is only 4 sets, but more so because it’s so low, 1800… which makes the incentive for a cool limited mog like collecting happy meal toys… you know you’re going complete the set if you drive thru enough times. Pardon, that’s another conversation. My point is, people are driven to do things in this game, you just need something they want. Players put a lot of weight behind cosmetics and toys, way more then they should, but hey, it’s 2021 and Genshin Impact has people filing for bankruptcy. If (baldy who shall not be named)'s stream participation can be used in any metric compared to idk… AWC, then it should be a driving force to getting people into PvP so we can forgo the bracket upgrade system that is “required” to PvE and have a 1 honor set - 1 conquest set… WITH SET BONUSES, to smooth out the gear gap between brackets.

See, I eventually got there.

Oops, forgot my point… :stuck_out_tongue:
Put more cosmetics… weapon skins, mounts, toys between 1400-1800, set elite sets at 2k, enchant at 2.2, title+tabard at 2.4… who cares above that… it’s like 0.1% of the players and baldy showering got more views then all this seasons tournaments combined. Remove gear brackets, add 4-Set PvP bonus to gear and I’d prefer a 3rd stat resilience on gear over ilvl increase.

2 Likes

Pretty much me, I don’t like rated but I’ll push to what it takes to get something I want, could careless about mounts though.

3 Likes

600 replies and 14,000 views later we are still waiting Ion. Let’s make this right in 9.1.

7 Likes

He’s yet to earn “Step into the Arena” so this sub forum isn’t unlocked to his account.

2 Likes

The changes seem to be a step in the right direction but the gear looks like the vision is what it is with huge gear gaps

I don’t get why if they stopped Twinks from having that huge gear advantage in PVP because it was game breaking why wont they do that to the end game part?

2 Likes

Great point.

1 Like

You don’t need to buy tokens to twink yourself for low level pvp.

3 Likes

BUMPing this thread to keep it at the top. At this point i dont care if i get forum banned for spam, this is our last stand and we will prevail against all odds.

hashtag legendary

2 Likes

Still checking forums out of some lingering masochism but I was delighted to see this thread kept alive! I haven’t played in months and un-subbed. Won’t come back (and I mean e v e r) unless feedback like this is finally implemented. PvP became totally unenjoyable for me finally this xpac.

2 Likes