9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

The real sad truth is that blizz doesnt even care about the subs dropping dramatically…

i mean why should they? when johnnycarryme goes into palumors twitch stream and buys a boost from 0-1400 for 600k gold… thats 80 dollars in blizz’s pocket … for every1 unsubbing u got geeks like this giving blizz 80 dollars cash so they can convert tokens into gold and buy gear .

its pay to win u cant tell me its not

10 Likes

The changes are nothing but good for me. They reduce boosting. And it also makes picking between pve gear and pvp gear for pvp much easier.

9.1 will make boosting happen more frequently.

4 Likes

I’ll only believe that claim with data. If people aren’t boosting for gear, they’ll still boost for titles, appearances, etc. Everyone’s different.

Boosts used to be easy to fight if your team was competent. The current issue is the gear difference. It’s hard to fight someone with 10k more health, 10% more vers, etc.

For some, maybe. For players who PVP and PVE, this is incorrect.

It in the vault, it adds a new item level punishment. In 9.0.5, every time you pick PVE gear, you fall 100s of conquests points behind. In 9.1, you take a new item level hit for taking PVP gear.

They have yet to address this. All we’ve seen so far is a new 3 conquest point bonus to skirmishes (only 175 wins to get a ring!) and reduced likelihood of accessories in the vault (which is effective to probably a couple hundred conquest points over the entire season).

I already unsubscribed to this game, they killed off PvP one of the few activities I enjoyed in this game. I don’t plan on coming back unless the PvP is restored to something actually fun and playable.

4 Likes

daily bump

GOOD MORNING fellow PvPers! BUMP!

If we simply remove rating locked gear we will kill so many birds with one stone!

REMOVING the rating requirements will DRASTICALLY cut down on numerous complains of the current game.

Less boosting
Casual PvP is more accessible and fun
Gearing alts is less of a hassle
Game feels more fun and less grindy
Less of a gear gap for new players/casual player = more fun for them

Please blizzard! THIS ONE SIMPLE FIX will make t he game so much better

EDIT: somethings bugged

8 Likes

Well… if we never see you again in Azeroth, have fun out there and be safe!

bump

I hate that I love my guild/guildmates so much or I’d quit WoW. I’m sure I’ll have lots to do at the start of 9.1 with M+ carries, Raid carries to keep making bank and playing this game for free (only reason I’m still here) but it’s sad PvP is really looking like it’s going to be in an even worse state next season than this one.

GG Blizzard. You took a day one player, someone who originally only really cared about having fun in PvP (and participating in PvE when it felt required for PvP gearing) and turned me into a raid logger with the messes you’ve made during Legion - SL.

3 Likes

Agreed hope this isn’t a whole expansion thing.

3 Likes

My brother and I were talking about this last night. Both of us have played since Vanilla, and we both agreed that the notion of being new to WoW and trying to pick it up in its current iteration would be absurd.

The actual road to max level has never been easier but then you hit max level and you hit a wall. Want to try pvp? Might as well go play in traffic instead or you know the 50 million other video games or other alternative entertainment options.

15 Likes

Not going to lie, I’ve been thinking about how much they’re pouring into TBC PVP and we haven’t gotten a single blue post about adjusting retail PVP gearing/ilvls in the past month.

It makes it seem like they’ve given up on retail PVP and are just expecting players to go to TBC for PVP.

I know that’s not the truth, but that is the perception.

3 Likes

Impressive thread. Blizzard really should address PvP a lot more thoroughly than they have. Have any of the various streamers that got to interview a dev done any deep dive into PvP systems issues? What’s the most recent communication from Blizzard discussing these kinds of things? It feels like I never hear about them saying anything on the topic, and anytime some interview occurs and gets attention, it’s only addressing PvE issues.

4 Likes

IIRC they had some sort of PvP interview back during Legion. So there’s that. I think all the big streamers have tried to get some sort of interview at this point for PvP but blizzard has been silent.

Confused on something in the OP, how are you fighting against people with better gear at 2.4k rating? Wouldn’t you have all the best conquest gear at that point?

Ooof, that hit just now. Righty-ooooo!! 100% ding ding on the NOSE. Close the post, its over. If Blizzard doesn’t see this response and know something needs changed… we’re doomed.

1 Like

we still here

removing the gear rating gate would go a long way in repairing the damage
however, with Sir Ion at the helm, it appears to be gg :angry:

RIP the casual base :sob:

5 Likes

They never said anything about fighting people with better gear at 2.4k rating. OP talked about fighting people BELOW 2.4k rating as someone who is above and how bad it feels to just roflstomp players due to gear.

The disparity works both ways for anyone who has fun when fights are competitive and not a one shot meta.

Since gear will still have ilevel based upon rating, massive rifts are created at rating cutoffs, where you’re forced to play versus players that may have 10-15 or even 20 ilevel on you, making pushing certain ratings extremely difficult (particularly 2.4k).

This seems to imply that there are people 10-15 ilvls higher than you at 2.4k. Maybe I’m just misunderstanding it.