9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

Look guys, this is Ion´s Character. At least he is in the perfect guild.

2 Likes

So no rated activity at all.

3 Likes

You would think he would just assign at least one person to settle the PVP issues once and for all.

2 Likes

at least he plays the game, much better than our PVP developers.

1 Like

BUMP

verb (used with object)

to come more or less violently in contact with; collide with; strike: His car bumped a truck.

to cause to strike or collide: He bumped the car against a tree.

SEE MORE

verb (used without object)

to come in contact or collide with (often followed by against or into):She bumped into me.

to bounce along; proceed in a series of jolts: The old car bumped down the road.

SEE MORE

noun

an act or instance of bumping; collision; blow.

the shock of a blow or collision.

3 Likes

There are NO PvP developers.

5 Likes

AND he doesn’t even mog his gear. Even pve’ers mog their gear, he’s just as lame as can be.

5 Likes

Guys he doesn’t have time to do all the bullsh*t chores and grinds that he designed into the game. Paradox

4 Likes

The problem with Ion’s comment about “your power is increasing by 1% per ilvl so it’s only a 26% increase” is that would be true if the only increase in stats was your primary stat.

Increasing your secondaries has a huge impact on your output which is why people at 200 ilvl don’t just do 26% less dmg even in pve settings than their 226 counterparts and why people do nearly double their dmg. In that 26 ilvl gain you can easily gain an extra 10% haste, meaning your abilities go off 10% faster. You can also gain 10% more crit, which means 1 in 10 attacks will do double dmg, and of course you can get 10% more vers which means in a flat increase 10% dmg.

So when you are fighting someone with 10 ilvl or 20 ilvl difference you are fighting against someone with way more potential to do an extra 10-20% more dmg.

10 Likes

Correct, but also keep in mind that previous expansions tried to keep that under control in various ways. There is currently no system in place that tries to control this power gap in pvp.

In BFA, we had poorly implemented damage scaling in pvp. In Legion, we had templates to control the power gap but it came at the cost of a loss of customization.

Think about the Legion scaling in the context of Ion’s statement. In Legion, 10 item levels was a 1% gain. In SL, Ion says that 1 item level is a 1% gain.

What they are proposing in 9.1 is not power gap scaling. All they are doing is making a distinction between pve and pvp gear. There will still be no system in place to control power gaps in pvp.

5 Likes

We do not need all those WoD etc system. Just use you critical thinking. Even a monkey could conclude that going from 150 to 226 is very, very stupid. Just bring TBC, WoTLK, CATA or MoP system back and stop gatting everything in this game. Litterally evrything in this game is gated, even old content is gatted holly moly

1 Like

This is only possible if there is a complete disconnect between the pve and pvp systems. Multi-difficulty raids and mythic plus along with the desire to have pve and pvp gear with some crossover make it difficult.

I think Legion did the best to address this issue. There just needed to be more template options or have the system scale based on your chosen stats.

2 Likes

Just here to say once again, remove rank gated PVP gear.

14 Likes

Just here to second this comment thus bumping this entire post!

6 Likes

“git gud” - ion

4 Likes

“git gud” - ion

5 Likes

If this goes live, I would simply have to quit. They can also kiss any new players goodbye. If I were not a veteran in this game, I would have quit by now because it’s just not worth it to go through all the grinding of the Maw… upgrading Honor gear…and then trying to navigate the arena against carriers 20 ilvls above you destroying you in a global. This game is for the Seasoned Vets and famers now, it would seem… I truly do not understand their direction with this…

10 Likes

Hard agree on this.

4 Likes

Blizzard please read.

8 Likes

Update: this gearing system is still terrible.

9 Likes