9.1 PvP Gearing and why it is BAD

What made me chuckle is that they went looking for a thread that was over 60 days old to drop that tidbit of good news to show off all of their hardwork. 60 Days old…that many people talking and asking about solo islands…60 days.

8 Likes

Imagine studying game design and then going to work for blizzard and they just tell you to forget everything you learned in school and just monetize

3 Likes

I don’t like this point at all because I chose pvp gear every vault to be stronger in pvp specifically every week up till now. I made that choice, some of these people just don’t want to have to choose between m+15 gear and pvp gear and it should be a punishment.

COMMUNISM ALERT:

IF WE ALL HAVE THE SAME OF EVERYTHING, NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!.

ITS NOT A RPG ANYMORE, ITS EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYBODY!
even in vidya

like imagine this argument if you were going to tell you same people to go do mythic raiding in the same gear as anyone else and that was it, there was no sense of upgrade or anything, you guys are just so gone.

t2 weapons btw, 2400 tabards btw, gladiator mounts for the top 1% btw, like these are all things we use to strive for and most of you probably swipe for most of it or use your endless stash of gold to get whatever you want one way or another rofl

Would really be nice to get some kind of transparency and communication from blizzard. It’s absurd that any thread gets this kind of visibility and traction (literally more than their patch notes) and zero response of any kind.

6 Likes
12 Likes

This…
just here playing classic wishing retail didn’t suck.

3 Likes

When PvP gear and pve gear were separate all was well. They merged gear and the game went to crap.

6 Likes

It’s infuriating to invest time into 100+ rbg matches between 2 characters and not even be able to break 1600 on either. 1600 is noob bracket and shouldn’t require that many games to get into.

1 Like

Thursday bump

1 Like

Replied to another post and it got me thinking about how, in my opinion, the worst part about this season is the gear disparity between full gear and no gear/full last season gear. The balance of the game from live to playing on TR is WORLDS different. The entire game, the entire meta, is completely different on TR in full gear with full gems, etc. etc. in regard to how damage profiles adjust. Balancing the game around low gear ruins the experience with full gear and vice versa. The gear gap from 0 - full gear is HUGE, and it’s made worse by the rating requirements. Truly a horrible system…

24 Likes

Preach senpai

2 Likes

Most of the players think this system is bad, and many have left as a result of the system and the current meta. We just need Blizzard to show us some love and address it, please Blizzard…

Honor gear should only be about 10 ilvl lower than conquest. That one level of conquest gear should have no rating requirements unless you wanna troll with shoulders or something. Otherwise, let us get BiS on any toon we want so we can play competitive games. We have plenty of other tasks if we really want to be competitive on a toon, we need at least the gear to be accessible and viable.

2 Likes

I bet TR also has way more comp diversity as well

Ehh … kinda? Because of the tournament setting it’s all picks/counter picks it’s basically just as FOTM as possible within reason. If there was a ladder I’m sure it would be diverse though.

1 Like

I only wondered, because Dilly always talking about differences in tournament play vs ladder.

1 Like

In terms of what is viable into what, yeah there’s a massive difference in the actual meta. For example on live I would probably never want to play Kitty into RMPala, but on TR it feels extremely strong, etc. The entire meta is just different slightly

1 Like

I feel diversity would increase if we had a lower barrier of entry to pvp and I think WoD and MoP would have the same lack of diversity that Slands has if their barriers were larger.

2 Likes

Definitely a factor, without a doubt. The longer it takes to get gear/whatever the longer it takes for the meta to “settle” on what’s good and what is not. Also why you see the meta shift dramatically mid season when something OP is found that wasn’t before, because it either takes tons of time to swap and no one is willing to try, or because it simply took that long to get to that point. i.e. Venth BM hunters out of nowhere, Necro WW, etc.

3 Likes

I wish that the stats were distributed differently on the gear. They should continue to all have a high vers distribution, but it would be cool if some of the pieces had the remaining stats split between two others. So like instead of 162 vers 74 haste, 162 vers 36 haste 36 crit.

wtb alt viability

5 Likes