9.1 PTR Patches Notes Have Begun

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/910-chains-of-domination-ptr-notes/936527

WoWhead is building out the change notes in real-time here:

What do we love?

What do we hate?

Why do we care?

Hpal feels fairly balanced right now, so glad to see they aren’t buffing or nerfing it so far, but excited about my soulbind buffs.

Well my aff lock isn’t happy.

1 Like

Looks like we will all be taking chaos bolts the face in 9.1

1 Like

yes. Destro lock is going to be meta once again! so excited …

1 Like

locks can legit basically grip knock a team now. Set port by edge. have priest ready. by it. teleport half their team in eots to the edge. bye bye

This is only build 1.

I imagine the bigger changes to PVP come with later builds.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I’m actually happy that I can experiment with non BoaT legendaries, plus try different talents outside of Soltice and Stellar Drift

A little misleading since they are losing the talent that gives 40% increased damage. It just means that they will be pumping two at a time that hit just as hard.

Affliction warlock on the other hand… butchered.

focused chaos is being removed so thats why they are buffing chaos bolt

Any hopes of shadow priest being viable have just been removed.

I don’t mind the affy lock change but at least it makes room for DKs in the meta, now abomb limb is going to tilt everybody instead.

No ret changes like wtf?

They don’t seem to have changed VDHs yet.
And hopefully they won’t. I’m feeling pretty good where I am now.
Doing well, but not overpowered.

My soul hurts.

its just the first build, many classes don’t even have patch notes yet lol

Shamans have nothing …

1 Like

So even with upscaling on pvp gear the difference between unranked pvp gear and 2.1 gear is the same 26 ilvl difference. Gear will also be rating locked. :+1:

honestly it’s achieved nothing but stopping the pvp gear being the best gear in the game (better than PVE) so now these changes make the highest pvp gear duelist/elite equiv to heroic gear.

but realistically solves nothing about the gap of gear from unranked to duelist. still that gigantic gap, this system will be disappointing for the people that had hoped they would get the wod type of system where casuals were the same as every other player.

personally i enjoy pvp gear progression, and this will keep pvp participation high, but can’t but feel bad for the casuals.

have to wait and see it on the ptr in full form before i make a complete judgement though.

4 Likes

I just think it’s funny that everyone here was crying to get WoD scaling to bring unranked PVP gear up to Duelist gear and such, however with the change the ilvl differential is the same between unranked and duelist (26 ilvl). Congrats on crying for WoD gear just to be even worse off. (not you specifically)

I hope so, but a part of me feels like the participation was high as a way for PvE players to fill in gaps. If the gear isn’t as lucrative that may slow participation.