9.1 PTR Elune Feedback SPOILERS

Sup yall, posted this in the PTR forum

Add your voice there please

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/story-feedback-elune-revelation-is-not-the-movespoilers/951586

8 Likes

I’ve heard this sentiment mentioned before. But it makes me think about how the black blade whispers of Elune as an “upstart” goddess. Do you think Elune may have started sometime as an entity near to / equal to WQ / eternal ones and somehow elevated herself to godhood? I mean hasn’t blizz stated Elune is the closest thing to a true god we have seen in wow thus far?

Interesting implications though.

6 Likes

I don’t understand the drive to make Elune the uberest of ubergods

I like her being mysterious but I don’t particularly care what her exact power level according to the saiyan scouter is. And a god of a lesser pantheon can still go on to become something different and greater than their original station.

10 Likes

I dont see why being the winter queens sister, limits her powerlevel at all, either way powerlevel is bs, the PC is more powerful than the eternals, and more powerful than gods

4 Likes

Prior to learning she’s apparently a universal force I was holding out hope that Elune had once been a mortal or a normal loa that had drank in the power of the Well of Eternity and had been elevated to the top of the Wild God ‘pantheon’ as a result.

Frankly I’d prefer her to be of equal standing to the Winter Queen, as opposed to above her.

9 Likes

I specifically said the problem is not her power level but rather her placement upon a specific cosmic tier lol

The theological backdrop, the “logic” of the cosmology is weakened if Elune is simply another member of another Pantheon, when the Pantheons have repeatedly been stated to not be “True Gods”.

10 Likes

Look, as everyone here knows, I’m a bit of a night elf weeb. I personally would vastly prefer her to be on the same tier as the Winter Queen as her sister because it allows her to still be more in line with kaldorei themes as opposed to some nebulous higher being.

Not to mention I was saying MONTHS ago that she’s clearly the Winter Queen’s sister. It fits all too well, and I think it creates a nice parity.

1 Like

How is Ysera’s Elune’s pet? How is Ysera of Elune?

Sargeras was on the Order pantheon. He sure as hell didn’t stay there

Elune is probably the Life equivalent of the Winter Queen but seems to have dipped into other parts of the cosmology. She is as old as time itself. That is very plausible.

1 Like

And yet Blizzard was repeatedly stated that the Titans, Naaru, Old Gods, Wild Gods, Pantheons otherwise are not “true gods”, while Elune is.

5 Likes

As I said in your PTR thread, nothing in this states Elune is the Winter Queen’s sister.

She states the tear of her sister.

Eonar made the tear.

This is no less ambiguous than calling Ysera touched by her sister.

Her sister could easily be Eonar, and Blizzard is just being coy by making vague comments that could refer to either.

What does “true god” even mean? More importantly, why does it matter? Was it even stated outside of an interview?

3 Likes

So she was the Winter Queen’s sister that ended up becoming more powerful. Either way, this allows for a far greater connection to the night elves, aka the ones we’ve known as worshipping her since WC3, and still gives her enough authority and power to stand on a universal stage.

Making her a First One just flat out means the kaldorei don’t matter, they’re just one among many. Also, many of the points on your thread seem like reaches in terms of their implications. We’ve seen mortals get turned into demons before, for instance, it stands to reason a being of power could change one back.

A true god doesn’t even denote a greater level of power, people just think it does. Elune would be considered a true god because she hears prayers. Remember that Blizzard is like Marvel comics. Thor in the comics (not the films) can hear prayers and answers them. He is, therefore, a true god, in the same vein as a D&D god.

But he’s not the most powerful of beings in that setting, and neither are the D&D gods.

2 Likes

Because we are being introduced to a group of supreme creator beings that we have no ties or connections to other than the prospect we were familiar with at least one, maybe two beings that belonged to said group.

Now it’s 100% vague and much less interesting because we have no sense of possible personality or context for the First Ones.

It’s cosmological/theological construction.

No, it would’ve made yall the Chosen People of a First One lmao

The only instance of a demon ceasing to be a demon and reverting to mortal is the instance I mentioned. There is no other instance in the game.

Already responded to you there.

1 Like

But kaldorei are evidently not the chosen people. And even if that becomes as such… I personally don’t want that. That’s ridiculous as a concept, it makes the night elves far too important on a cosmic scale. How would we take anything to do with nelves seriously anymore?

So far we have the Fyzandian People on their planet and Night Elves on Azeroth; she has a chosen people per planet evidently.

Moving goal posts.

Solution would be that another First One would be tied to idk, Orcs or Tauren.

Multiple night warriors means this ship sailed.

I’m fine with whatever. Having Elune has the only true deity and only associated with Night Elves is obnoxious.

If she’s tossing Night Warriors out there like Oprah - cool. If she’s not a cosmological constant - fine.

Just not a fan of monotheistic in WoW. Especially when that deity has already picked her favorite.

/I think the right choice is Elune and others as the highest tier but whatever

like an’she

1 Like

Well yeah we’re not familiar with the First Ones, they’re so far removed from everything we know that they’re extremely mysterious and far-away beings by design

Having gods without distinct personalities is a valid way to construct your universe’s mythology, especially one with a particularly comic-booky style like Warcraft. If we knew who the First Ones were they’d just become Titans But Again, which isn’t interesting

1 Like