9.1 cinematic spoilers

Isn’t that the case for everyone in the Alliance?

I think Legion already established that the player roster of “Champions” is just dumb.

We kind of have this habit of pointing at something, yelling, “Kill it for the good of all!” and then charging in blindly because “we’re the heroes, damn it!”.

Why yes, I did just compare the player character(s) to an army of Leeroys and Maximillians (Don Quixotes) of Northshire.

2 Likes

do we get chicken?

5 Likes

They all cross-pollinate ideas though, I am pretty sure.

Also obligatory “Shadowlands is free!”

I mean we did see her reach toward Anduin. It’s kind of the reason why I thought she wasn’t dead. And well, that got confirmed.

I was rewatching the cinematic again, and if you pay close attention when Anduin says No, he’s bound to me it sounds like Arthas for a brief moment, before becoming the Jailers voice.

Or I’m just going crazy and hearing things :smiley_cat:

None of this is at all interesting enough to keep me playing.

3 Likes

Well i guess purples and saving ben will have to do.

See: My prediction about The Burning Crusade-Classic causing a massive exodus. :wink:

1 Like

CALLED IT!!! But noooo!!! I´m in the wrong for pointing out how he´s obviously nothing but a coddled self insert / pet character to a T!!!

The most hilarious part of it being that, lorewise speaking, TBC was quite awful in itself tbqh…

That´s how far the writting for this game has fallen since then.

1 Like

I was about to reply how hilarious that revelation is. Anduin just can’t do anything truly fatal for narration to blame him.

AND it is He, Sylv and Jailer that will continue to be in main spotlight. A characters I wouldn’t give a kodo dung over.

And What is even more tragic was the Hearthstone trailer - about adventures in friggin barrens, and man I wish we had simple adventures in the open world. Why we cannot have that?

1 Like

Incidentally Anduin suddenly reacting in horror before the Jailer suddenly makes him go stoic reminds me of a passage in the Arthas Novel where Arthas dumped the ashes of his father, got into a coughing fit then suddenly went stoic before handing the Urn over to the Cult of the Damned…

The thought of the Jailer randomly deciding to make Arthas stop coughing ash is a hilarious image in my mind.

I wonder what other things the Jailer(or Runecarver if he was in control at the time) did with Arthas’s Body before it went all rebellious due to completely lacking a Soul due to shoving the last fragment(which I presume the Jailer needed to take control) into the Mourneblade!

Anyways lets compare Death Knight Arthas to the Jailer controlling Anduin’s Body. Can we tell when the Jailer was controlling Death Knight Arthas and when he wasn’t just from possessed Anduin’s Language?

Keeps you posting though, I noticed. :slight_smile:

Blizzard still gets their 15/month so that’s still a win where it counts.

Imo, it really wasn’t—in both TBC and Wrath, the faction conflict was ideal and where it needed to be: both sides being equally-balanced in terms of morality, and plenty of callbacks to the original Warcraft III games (Illidan, Kael’thas, Medivh, Arthas, etc.). Not to mention Outland and Northrend/Dalaran being locations from the RTS games that we got to explore.

Essentially, it still felt like the world of Warcraft.

I do think that, at the very earliest, Cataclysm changed up a lot of that, both with the faction conflict but also literally/geographically, in how it altered all of EK and Kalimdor, as well.

1 Like