9.1 Brings almost nothing for the solo players

I was really hoping that 9.1 would give me a reason to come back.

No Torghast reward structure. (Update: This is being addressed post-blizzcon.)
Nothing significant other than a new raid, dungeon and cinematic.
Furthering the maw.

I guess I’ll check back in 9.2.5. This is the worst content progression I’ve seen since WoD, and WoD was better.

Edited for updates:

1. I’m happy with them addressing Torghast. But that information came after this original post, and it still doesn’t address the lack of a reward structure in TC. https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcrafts-roguelike-dungeon-is-being-overhauled-so-that-failing-to-beat-it-wont-ruin-your-night/
  1. Professions still need a lot of attention. This doesn’t mean that we need to be able to craft the best gear for group content, but there are other valuable things in this game that aren’t just progression gear. Engineering was going in the right direction, more professions need to be like Engineering was trying to be, IMO. They need to feel like a decent progression system with decent payoffs.

2. Reps feel like empty grinds until you reach the very end, and with no AP bar to fill, WQs feel meaningless. Reps and WQs need attention. Low bits of anima is not a compelling reward.

3. Yes, I know this is a MMO. This is also a RPG. MMORPG is the genre. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be more effort to improve group content, I’m just saying that group content has never been the only content in the game, otherwise we wouldn’t still be playing this thing. The other side of the coin, the RPG side, is what needs attention, and like it or not, a lot of us play that side solo.

4. Apparently Island Expeditions from BFA will become solo content eventually. That’s a step in the right direction. Waiting for more information on that.

279 Likes

Well alright

4 Likes

I thought Torghast was getting more rewards though?

6 Likes

I agree, absolutely no reason to resub for 9.1. I guess there’s at least D2R to tide me over 'til D4.

42 Likes

I think the bigger issue is when this thing is supposed to come out. It’s almost March and 9.0.5 isn’t even on the PTR yet lol.

17 Likes

Yes it does.

I get flying.

9 Likes

Whew, thank god I didn’t waste my time doing TC.

Thanks Blizzard, you rock!

6 Likes

This game feels like it’s in maintenance mode. This was the laziest blizzcon I’ve ever witnessed for WoW.

114 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, but isn’t there a whole new Maw zone with, presumably, regular world content in it? That’s like saying Mechagon didn’t have anything in it for solo players.

17 Likes

well its an mmo so of course

6 Likes

join a guild then?

4 Likes

Queue all the people that think mmo means forced grouping, which it doesn’t.

80 Likes

I’m in a guild. Group content outside of raid is meaningless to me. This is a bad sign for the game.

Whatever, y’all enjoy your stagnant lazy content. I’m out.

47 Likes

you should try raiding and m+ with them. It’d be fun!

3 Likes

So… what do you want? A new zone? There’s a new zone, Korthia. New Torghast content? There’s a new wing, new powers, new enemies.

I mean, you can say you don’t like any of that content and that’s your choice, but it’s not as though it doesn’t exist.

9 Likes

I have been completely constructive with what I want in various posts.

This feels like the world’s smallest content patch. I’m happy for those that think this is good, but I am upset because they are adding absolutely nothing to the game that interests me,

We get more maw quests? We get flying eventually? Whoop dee. Give some real content.

47 Likes

it brings hardly nothing to the game in general and fixes nothing in this very broken expansion

39 Likes

They are adding an entire zone tho

With what to do exactly?

12 Likes

Same old same old…dailies, rares, new rep…ect.

7 Likes