9.05 Legendary Changes

What do y’all think about the new buffs to our leggos in 9.05?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320963.2/shadowlands-9-0-5-ptr-build-37623-spell-changes-class-and-legendary-tuning#comments

Personally, I am pretty excited to try out the new Battlelord as it seems like it’ll make the non-condemn phase a little more exciting and viable. Then there’s that big buff to Exploiter that looks like it might finally be worth taking.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Let’s see what makes it to live.

That exploiter change is the most exciting to me, which means it’ll probably be nerfed lol.

1 Like

Wow, if those go live it would be really amazing! I wonder if they are going to tune us downward in other areas though.

-_-

1 Like

The Fury changes don’t impress me. Bigger refresh windows for Cadence and Will isn’t going to fix them being weak and clumsy. The change to Reckless Defense solves it being worthless without Crit stacking, but doesn’t change that it’s CDR on a very weak CD. Where’s the straight power buffs like on the Arms ones?

6 Likes

I can see Exploiter going live like that, the double edge sword would be condemn being slightly nerfed to make it not so OP.

The Legendary itself needed some love along with the Arms legendary switching it from slam too Over power makes dreadnaught almost a must with that legendary.

1 Like

I am really liking the sound of the new Unbreakable Will. 2 charges of Shield Wall with 20% DR for party on a 4 min recharge sounds awesome.

1 Like

The new Reprisal legendary also sounds like a pretty great QoL item for dungeons. And actually, if you weave Charge and Intervene on cooldown, that could give a LOT of Shield Block uptime.

1 Like

The Battlelord change is interesting as well. Combine it with the mortal combo conduit and we could see constant and cheap mortal strikes. Would be interesting to play if as I expect the exploiter buff doesn’t go live.

Coupling the Reckless defense with anger management as well as heavy hasty (to generate and spend more rage) seems like it could be decent.

It’ll get you a lot of combined CDR for Reck, certainly. But is that worth it? Reck is a weak CD on its own. Now, if they raise the legendary cap and you can use RD and Signet at once? That’s getting somewhere.

1 Like

With the ptr changes the sim is still worse then current signet

1 Like

Personally, I’m loving the new projected change to Battle Lord, it’s kind of like having Strike the Anvil back which is big in my opinion. Also, the projected change to Enduring Blow is much needed, making it 6 seconds allows players to actually fit a Mortal Strike into the CSmash window. To be honest, I’m glad to see Blizzard giving players more viable options to play with.

1 Like

The Fury changes are baffling to me, they all seem like Quality of Life improvements, but these legendaries are terribly underbalanced, and seemingly easy to power buff.

Cadence duration isn’t the only issue it has, 5% haste even at full stacks is worth like 1/5th the power of Deathmaker’s procs even on single target, and even if the stacks don’t drop the entire fight. Note: and Deathmaker doesn’t seem overtuned, it seems like all the rest do nearly nothing.

The changes should be like:

Cadence - Bloodthirst increases your haste by 2% per stack, stacking up to 8 times, lasting 12 seconds.

Reckless Defense - Rampage reduces the cooldown of Recklessness and Enraged Regeneration by 5 seconds.

A 16% Haste buff, permanently (albeit taking a little over 30 seconds to fully ramp up if dropping combat for more than 12s, for a compensatory measure of anti-fun)? That’s quite nearly a straight 16% damage buff. There’s no way that would be acceptable.

Drop it to 3 stacks and you’d just have a ramp-up buff to (barely over) its current throughput, but at least it’d be less annoying. However, it wouldn’t take more than a couple stacks more to make it horribly overpowered.

I’m curious just what maximum %Haste bonus is necessary for it to be a top-competitor, but regardless, I really hope a sluggish stat-stick never becomes a go-to legendary.

25%. By level 58, Shield Wall does 50% mitigation, after all.

Now if only one could afford to run Anger Management without Reprisal or Thunderlord…

holy crap i might start tanking again

I feel like the mortal combo needs a higher proc chance. Sometimes i go a whole encounter with possibly only 1 procs in a boss fight or pvp encounter.

I used 2% per stack for 8 stacks because that’s about how much it would need to be buffed to be competitive. Cadence is worth about 1/5th of what Signet and Deathmaker are worth.

Not that I know jack about Fury, but that seems crazy if Signet and Deathmaker are effectively worth 25% haste. Is that really true?

Even on a Patchwerk sim where Cadence stacks never drop, it sims incredibly low in every simulation methodology (Raidbots, AMR, Bloodmallet), it’s worth like 80 DPS for the 5% Haste effect.

It’s possible they all are miscalculating it, but every Warrior guide seems to agree that’s accurate of their empirical testing on Beta & PTR too.

1 Like