9.05 Legendary Changes

I’m totally willing to believe you, because like I said, I don’t know Fury well at all. It just seems surprising for the equivalent of ~160 haste rating to be worth so little on a spec where haste is supposedly the best stat. But maybe my expectations are skewed because Paladins have a similar legendary (Relentless Inquisitor) which, while not the best DPS legendary, is at least reasonably good, not far behind the BiS.

For a 5-minute Patchwork Fury sim without Venthyr, Signet comprises about an average of about 2% increase in DPS vs. Cadence’s 0.9%. I suspect, however, that there is some miscalculation there, as the talent and stat build used usually tends to scale much more linearly with gains to Haste, even when accounting for the half-minute ramp-up of Cadence.

Note also, though: sims can place Deathmaker at more than twice Signet’s value, and the current Sephuz’s Proclamation (small boost to all secondaries when you interrupt or CC) at the top for single-target, while the actual gap is much smaller and Sephuz seems rarely ever to outperform Signet.

(On Venthyr Arms, it is very difficult to overstate the value of Signet, but that is that and this is this.)

Given that disparity, I’d need empirical testing here, but for now I’d guess a briefer ramp-up and, say, 10% Haste at most would be sufficient.

Still, I’d prefer it be reworked entirely into a more interesting, if love/hate, legendary, such as by granting an extra 15% Haste when proccing Enrage, but having that fade over 4 seconds, possibly with multiple applications overlapping, reversing the normal (if very infrequent) gameplay concern of reapplying Enrage too soon.

It also just feels strange that on a spec initially notorious this expansion for lacking burst, despite having decent sustain, the legendaries would enhance only sustain.

I’ll agree that Reckless Defense needs more to even be competitive against already lackluster legendaries (apart from Deathmaker or situationally Signet), but I suspect the reason we’ve seen few pure buffs for Fury is that Arms is already largely balanced around what few legendaries haven’t seen buffs (Signet and Unhinged), and sees far larger gains from them than does Fury (a simmed 10% benefit ST from Arms’ best compared to a 4.4% from Fury’s best).

All three specs are bringing up only the legendaries not already taken, apart from the duration extensions to Will and Cadence, but some have larger gaps than others, requiring far more notable buffs.

So if you read the changes carefully you will see Reckless Defense now works with all rampage hits, but the amount it does the CD is 1 sec. Also I’m fury was just prot to farm satchels.