90 dollars for "early access" is awful

Which is $88 US , we are getting it cheaper than Americans

3 Likes

Ahhhhh so it was you that sent teh price of tokens up by 50k from yesterday :slight_smile:

edit : token price is very volatile today , it is now only 25k more than yesterday - common people who want gold , buy some more to put on teh AH to drive the price down further for us :slight_smile:

you also get 30 days game time , Beta access, Squally pet , a toy and a hearthstone effect . so much more than just 3 days early access

3 Likes

Your conversion rate is what it is if you’re outside the US. That isn’t a matter of Bobby being evil (which is undisputed: the man is a slimeball), or Microsoft being greedy. That’s a matter of something totally outside of Blizzard’s control. They’ll try to keep it the same if they can, but if the conversion rate isn’t supporting it then there isn’t much they can do on that matter.

The pricing structure is still US$49/$69/$89. That’s the same as it was in Dragonflight.

EDIT: And looking at the current conversion rates…
CAD$/USD$
$64.99=$47.58
$84.99=$62.22
$114.99=$84.18

You guys are technically paying less than us!

3 Likes

woosh.

the point is that “early access” is a new concept in WoW.

they’re essentially telling a huge portion of the community, if you want to play on the launch of the new expansion, you have to buy the epic edition. that’s freaking crazy.

3 Likes

Blizzard can we get a $79 dollar package…one without the Beta access and early 3 day access…I done a beta for MoP and I regretted it for years it spoiled the opening of MoP for me

You’re paying for player power and this thread is filled with people snapping themselves in half in their attempts to bend over backwards in defense of it.

8 Likes

Anyone defending this greedy nonsense from blizzard should be embarrassed.

12 Likes

that will depend on whats available in teh first week of teh expansion and if early access ( which to me just means I can log in and play , I dont think a lot of teh new systems will be available ) gives access to everything . It maybe very valuable for professions if we are allowed to do them and farm new mats . gear isnt usually available ( as in raid/M+ ) so thats no problem

2 Likes

Yet in past expansions beta has been freely available to interested parties. I’ll wait till it’s out and enjoy the experience without all the spoilers of beta play like I have in the past. I’ll leave beta play to people who like that. Btw I haven’t watched any of the announcements, only know what I’ve read here.

1 Like

I got in the last beta for free.

Also only people who post constructive feedback should get in the beta .

3 Likes

no teh people who should be embarrassed are those who think comapnies should make lots of money for their shareholders/ investors . It is why they exist. Get over it .

We are not in teh 80s anymore when gaming studios were a group of friends making games for teh love of it in their garages. Gaming studios are now big business , just like the car industry or the Mining industry .

3 day access is quite a short time compared to some games atthe moment where you are paying for years of early access ( BG3 for example)

Considering today’s market for video games it’s a rather normal price considering.

4 Likes

3 days isn’t a big deal . I got the same deal with starfield and I forgot and only played it in the last day of my 3 day early play or whatever you call it. A lot of games offer early access as a pre order incentive. It’s really nothing earth shattering in the least.

The people who post like it’s a requirement to buy man they must have serious addiction issues with the game to feel fomo if you don’t get the he pre order.

2 Likes

:joy: “common people” – I love it!

Maybe they’ll send you a free battle pet or something for being such a defender of their shareholders.

2 Likes

It was bad when they did it too, but it’s way worse in a mmo.

2 Likes

You don’t pay extra for Early Access (the actual “this game is not ready yet” games) in Steam (not 100% sure on BG3, though). In fact, a lot of times you may pay less.

There are definitely lots of games w/ “pay extra for being able to play a few days earlier”. I know people mentioned FF being one of them, but I don’t necessarily think that makes it any better in this case.

It just doesn’t feel right. I don’t know that I can fully describe why – there are a myriad of small and irksome things about it, for me, but that’s hardly defenseable.

1 Like

You get a lot more than early access for $90…

But it sure will be nice to be max level and running heroics before launch day

89.99 Epic edition
-49.99 that you’d pay for the new expansion no matter what
-14.99 for a month of gametime that you would’ve paid for otherwise

is 25.01. For that you get:

• 500 extra Trading Post Tenders (Typically with $20 and up bundles)
  • The Algarian Stormrider mount (they typically charge $25 just for the mount)
  • Stormrider transmog set (usually $15 or so)
  • Beta access (normally free, but there’s no indication they’re not also giving regular players beta access, it’s just not guaranteed like always)
  • At least 3 days of early access to the expansion launch
  • A Storm Hatchling pet (usually $10 or so)
  • Sandbox Gryphon toy (paid toys are usually in the $10 range)
  • A new hearthstone toy (Again, usually around $10)

So for that $25.01 you’re getting about $70 worth of digital goods if they were sold separately, plus removing the random chance from beta access, plus a whole three day perk that will likely do a lot of good for server stability and ultimately won’t matter to literally anyone since no raids will be out yet, plus a partridge in a freakin’ pear tree.

Save seven dollars and fifty cents a month for the next year and you too can have three whole days of questing that’ll probably net you two to three levels if you do nothing else.

10 Likes