9/7/2019 Server Issues

Can I get a replacement Time Displacer since I used my last one and got disconnected while I was in future Mechagon. You know, since if you get logged out for what ever reason you lose the buff.

^^^
10 char

1 Like

You da man Orlyia. After the servers are secure though make sure to crack down and do whatever you need to do to get this guy arrested.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with backups. Sheesh, why do people post stuff that only highlights their ignorance of how a ddos works.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. I appreciate the straightforward answer, but not necessary to say that XD We understand that DDoS attacks, etc. exist

This was posted first.

2 Likes

for such a large multi million, if not billion, dollar company this really isnt acceptable on any level. there should be numerous layers of defense on servers to prevent basic things like botnet ddosing. i left my previous game because the company wouldnt/couldnt deal with people like this and figured i found a new home here. now the first day i upgrade my account the servers are down more than they are up entirely because of a generic ddos attack

What would you call a person with a 12-year-old mentality acting like he’s important on twitter intentionally launching DDOS attacks?

Its literally what it is. They are holding websites and services hostage.

Glad I could check here and verify that it is you, not me. I was pretty sure, but… nice to have a post already going that says you are aware and working on it. Good luck.

We pay for a service. This is interruption costs the company time and money which we pay for. He should be pay for the damages. 11 million user x $15 / 720 hour per month / time down from our game time = $$ DAMAGES (lawyers can figure out the exact numbers). Looks like as a community we pay roughly $222,000 per hour to play WOW.

Culprit needs to compensate damages for blizzard and its community.

6 Likes

First they relaunched something that clearly more people enjoy than BFA, and they left BFA up and running for loyalists like you. Yes, I resubbed, as did over a dozen of my friends to classic. Most of the people I knew quit around the end of WOTLK and the beginning of cata, same as me, all for the same reasons.

BFA still has these issues whereas classic does not.

Then when it’s difficult enough to create a pug… Dude you’d have an easier time if you actually had friends you made on BFA, but the system doesn’t really encourage taht kind of behaviour so…

Anyways those of us who want an MMO with a big world are having fun, sorry that the game you like is massively less popular, it’s not blizzards fault that there is something that can be shown to be fully superior in every metric except for the tech requirements

if bliz takes a hint from classic then retail can be an amazing game full of people again too btw

3 Likes

The problem with DDOS attacks is that there isn’t any defense for them, not yet anyways.

4 Likes

Thank you for the blue post

Arrest them!! Squash them!!! Kill them!!
KILLL THEM!!!
Cmon man seriously this is ruining my saturday… I gotta go through 6 days of absolute hell to get another one of these…

2 Likes

Hi mom

and thank you I like seeing blue

terrorists in vanilla? #not my classic.

l0l yepers its being going on for a bit.

Listen, that’s way above their paygrade.

Thank you very much for the confirm! and thank you for all you do… hopefully it gets resolved quickly!

1 Like