8hr shut down tomorowz?

so correct me if im wrong on this isnt the weekly Maintenance usually an hour long? :confused: im sure some1 has already answered this but maybe not why so long a shut down?

3 Likes

It is to work on the server mergers that are going to happen later this week.

2 Likes

Connecting servers.

2 Likes

and even then there is a chance it wont go the full 8 hours. but if something goes wrong they should have time to fix it.

4 Likes

That’s Thursday apparently.

Let them work in peace

Go do something else

5 Likes

8 hour maintenance were normal at one point in WoW’s lifetime. This ain’t no problem!

11 Likes

8 hours was the standard maintenance for years. We’ve gotten spoiled with only an hour.

6 Likes

Just sleep. watch GOT or anything… time flies.

starting in the middle of the night when nobody cared, yes.

2 Likes

The 1 hr was always for resets as they are staggered over the hr. 8 hrs was the normal for maintenance

Short answer: we don’t know.

Longer answer: we don’t know but it may be something to do with server connections. Me, I find that unusual since in the past when they were doing server connections the maintenance was usually something like “We will performing scheduled maintenance on XX from 7.00am to 8.00am, and during this time the game will be unavailable to play . Additionally, we will be performing maintenance on XX servers and during this time you will be unable to log onto the above servers.” Or words to that effect.

So having a single large block 8 hr maintenance shutdown is unusual except for large patches or the start of an expansion.

Last week’s maintenance window was an hour. I was logged back in within 15 minutes. We are spoiled when you compare that to the 8-hour windows back in the day, even more so when you remember all the 8-hour windows that stretched into 12 hours (or longer).

2 Likes

need to grease the hamster wheels on a few servers.

1 Like

If its 8 hours for prepatch or at the very least remove corruptions I will take back everything bad I have ever said about Blizzard, jk i am consumed by salt now it is too late for me.

3 Likes

I STILL can’t listen to the music (which i loved) or watch earlier seasons. not after the disappointment that was the latter half of season 8. they could have done so much better for the ending. its more how abrupt everything happened, and than what actually happened, and the lack of tying up some loose ends and not getting answers to or fulfillment of some lead ups,if that makes any sense (i doubt it does. its late and i’m tired. just can’t sleep)

I’ll end up sleeping through half of the maintenance, and when i wake up, i’ll do some cleaning, go shopping, then come home and if game is still down, i’ll open up the sims and commence with some form of torture. or build more houses (which often takes me hours).

One of the positives of being on the bottom of the planet. For me and those of us on the east coast of Australia, the shutdown happens around midnight, so we get to sleep through it.

1 Like

Google, Amazon, youtube, twitter. Plenty of systems that are larger and more complicated by orders of magnitude. Yet they don’t have weekly maintenance.

But they also don’t make money when their service is down. Can’t show adds or sell things with a 404.

Wow on the other hand. That have our money already.

Is it us or is it Blizzard that’s spoiled here?

8 hrs, eh. I might be able to make it outside for a few minutes

1 Like

It’s just a catch all, will probably be over in 1-3 hrs.

1 Like