8hr shut down tomorowz?

It’s not like they’re prepping a lot of code for a potential pre-patch and eventual expansion so the transition can move smoothly between the two, pssh, why would anyone think that?

You should go play FFXIV. Server maintenance is a whole week lol. You only get to play for 3 weeks and 1 week for maintenance.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Isn’t it usually during the colder months when we all wish it was summer?

Hey, look at that? It’s summertime! Go enjoy it while servers are down!

1 Like

i did the math. that’s 17 cents they should owe us.

Isn’t the first time. Won’t be the last.

Because sometimes maintenance takes time. There could be a lot of things going on from OS updates to hardware updates.

1 Like

So do you get one week free? Paying for a month and only getting 3 weeks would have me going to my local Department of I Have Been Ripped Off to discuss the matter…

Nah. Still normal sub prices unless you only roll one character. $12.99 for one character. $14.99 for normal sub.

Wtf no way

XD Alright you caught me. It’s not a week. It’s a 24 hour maintenance. Just one day of no game.

That woulda been bonkers lol, you had me going was gonna google it

Could you imagine a game that would have a 1 week maintenance period? How big would that game have to be? How much would they fix? Would the entire game be full of current content?

1 Like

It is pretty weird, but to be fair the last time they did realm connections was years ago so their previous process might not be applicable. There could be a framework they need to put in place to ease future realm connections beyond what’s announced.

It’s definitely nothing related to the pre-patch since it hasn’t even been tested.

Screw that. lol.

1 Like

In the cs twitter it implied that it would be a common occurrence for longer down time leading up to the expansion. My guess is they will do 1 connection a week to make sure it doesnt get screwed up doing them all at once. Prepatch is always 2 or 3 weeks before expansion so that will be early October at best.

I was gonna say… it’s been a while since I remember an 8hr maintenance.

They used to be, what, once every 6 weeks-ish back in the day?

Edit: And of course, they’d frequently run over the scheduled time leading to much QQ on forums. Or half the realms would be up, half would be down. Or they’d be up for some people but not others. Ahhhh, good times.

1 Like

Gather a few friends and play a single game of Monopoly. That should hold you over for 8 hours with time to spare.

1 Like

Just looked in to this and it checks out. That patch 8.3.7 that they “tested” on PTR with no player-facing changes is likely coming.

Maybe it’ll finally miraculously fix the awful server-side world lag that’s been plaguing most of BFA during primetime hours.

Yes, yes they have, probably at least a million times over the past 15 years…

That ain’t the servers…