85% dampening

Then have that same pressure on them too. If you don’t know how to fake and your teamates don’t know how to position or peel you should die. Or your teamate should die with you interrupted/in CC without the other team having to use every cooldown to turn based combat force your cooldowns.

Healers have been spoiled for 2 expansions in a row of deep deep dampening and overhealing and somehow legion/bfa becoming more scripted than WoD due to the overavailability and strength of short defensive CD’s.

If healers are pressured you still have to be better than the other healer to last longer. Regardless of whos the target being able to deal with pressure/avoid cc better than other healers in faster paced games is a good thing.

Offense being => defense makes better healers standout more. Purely defensive gameplay with rinse repeat scripted goes is way less complexity than being able to swap/pressure without offensive cds.

1 Like

Healers are not always the kill target, idk why you’re assuming I’m talking about me.

Increase damage and healing across the board, with targetted healing buffs/damage buffs to the weaker/underperforming specs (basically bring weak/underperforming specs to the level of top tier specs and then increase everyones output). Weaker specs obviously need more targetted buffs to some spells too.

Also tone down some passive defensives/self healing from specs like Destro Locks/Demon hunters/UhDks.

6 Likes

So we should right out of the gate do less healing because it would make one healer be better than the other healer? That does not make sense. 3v3 is about your team fighting another team, and dampening doesn’t show any sort of skill unless the healers are both the same class. Everything has different utility, and a disc priest at 30% dampening is definitely not doing as much healing as a resto druid.

Edit: I do see where you’re coming from tho Nahj, like i said team vs team should be able to put out as much pressure as the other team but sometimes there are too many stops from the opposing team vs what you have. I don’t always q the same comp because I like to q with friends as whatever, so I don’t get a lot of synergy with my teammates, but when the dk just goes “ams” and the warrior hits “bladestorm” after getting my mage to 60% in 2 globals I feel like that’s much more pressure than my teammates are putting out within the first 10 seconds of battle and my mage usually has to block because the damage is unhealable even with wings up.

Dampening is a failure in DPS/HPS balancing, its not mana related.

Blizzard needs to go back to step 1 and re-tune every spec for PvP (ability templates) so that everyone in arena has potent and useful baseline spell-books, instead of relying on gimmick honor talents for bandaid-fix viability.

Balance your game properly and stop punishing healers because you skipped PvP tuning in beta.

11 Likes

Dampening is biased towards shamans generally, but without it games aren’t going to end since sustain damage has been dead since mop.

2 Likes

You mean like they should have before they released this expansion which was advertised as pvp-centric?

I think blizzard just needs to put down the nerf bat, sleep off whatever occurred on the nights before BFA (it must have been some really good stuff), and come back once they are sober again. Because right now, they need to stop balancing. They just need to stop. They keep on making it worse.

Honestly even with tourney rep when discs were considered strongest they weren’t overwhelming anyone or forcing rerolls.

Disc didn’t really need changes imo, just more of it’s counters like UhDks and WWs would’ve been fine but those got buffed while disc got nerfed to the point it’s just extremely difficult for you to ever do well as disc. Discs still got countered and/or would have a hard time vs Rsham/DH/X, Boom/Rsham/X and Spriest/Rsham/x

Turbo also was sometimes good vs discs with good enough rng. But still, if anything disc was just good at beating noobs in Wpvp or 2s. And any of those counter specs being buffed would have dealt with them anyways.

2 Likes

Also throw in there Assass rogues and their control with top damage. Remove some control like garrote etc if they want to be top damage. Also fan of knives spam is just not engaging gameplay.

7 Likes

Utility doesn’t need to be removed lol

Fan of knives spam is silly though I’ll give you that

4 Likes

Yes, please blame the druids for having mana when DK/WW/ELE/BOOMY/destro take no dmg and have strong self heals while also using Tank Trinkets.

The problem isn’t Healers Mana, its DPS having strong self defensive and Strong self heals. For example this dk who healed himself with 1 Deathstrike for 133k. https://twitter.com/WOW_BFA_SUCKS/status/1098347088574730240

But yes, please blame healers more.

3 Likes

Not blaming healers since there’s no problem regarding restro druids fully hotting a team member knowing they will be immune to death for 20 seconds so they can get a full drink in stealth. Rinsing and repeating every 1-2 min

Not a problem at all right? Let’s blame death strike that heals you for 50% of all damage taken in the past 5 seconds which is what it’s done for years but thats the real problem.

When you have unkillable DPS that don’t need heals you can’t balance the game. Buffing damage does nothing to stop that.

2 Likes

Think about the huge failure of logic going on.

Blizzard’s response to “teams cannot achieve conditions to end the match before healing is dampened” wasn’t to re-tune the game for more meaningful damage and faster game-play … but instead make “nobody achieves win conditions” happen 50% faster.

:-1:

2 Likes

I’m sorry Bigbilly, but Rdruids are forced to drink more than any other healer in game (excluding disc).

A few hots coupled with all these (self defensive abilies + self heals on dps + tank trinkets) affords druids the ability to drink.

The problem again is DPS who don’t need heals, who have strong defensive abilities and self heals and tank trinkets.

Reduce some of the defensive abilities, self heals on DPS and guess what, all the sudden there’s too much pressure to drink.

2 Likes

ele uses self heals as a defensive and doesnt have the amount of defensive cds as most other classes, including pally.

2 Likes

Look, im not for pruning any further than they already. But dont you think its a bit rediculous that an assass rogue has more damage and more control than the other rogue specs? Shouldnt it be one or the other?

1 Like

what makes you think assa rogue has more control than the other rogue specs? asking for a friend

to quote another rogue from another post when comparing sub to assass:

“sin because you can basically control a target infinitely with 90% slow on envenom and passive 60% slow while doing the same damage as a warrior or dk. If sub had 5-10% more damage in shadow dance itd be close to sin but assassination would still be better because you still have strong burst and
strong consistent damage.”

On top of that they have garrotte silence which sub doesnt have. So they have more control and more damage than sub. IMO it should be damage or control, not both.

Sure. Isolated to arena, maybe the spec was in a good spot, but I still think it’s design puts it in a bad place for being balanced. Global for global, disc was very efficient. Might not matter in the short game, but over the length of a fight I think those strengths really get hard to balance. It’s kinda like necrotic. The damage combined with the absorb puts it in an odd spot at times.

That said, if the meta was diverse enough… as you kinda say, it would be less of an issue as there would be potentially more hard counters for disc to deal with. If disc can sit back and dps, it still feels like it can be over the top. Even in their neutered state, I still get plenty of angry messages from 2s matches with very butthurt players. I get it. It’s annoying when the disc does more damage then the opposing teams dps.

I think Atonement makes disc fun in a way, but it’s not needed and puts the spec in an odd spot. It’s bad enough for blizzard to balance just healing or just damage for a class, disc they are dealing with both.

1 Like