8.3 Thread

I really wish there was an easier way to get these vessels beside waiting.

1 Like

Perhaps they are silicon made hip pads to give the illusion of flesh? That would be an interesting concept.

1 Like

I don’t pay attention to patch notes, so I’m entirely lost as to what’s going on in Uldum or the Vale, but I’ve now got a flying rat with wings and a Mechagnome named Gadget. So that’s nice.

1 Like

I feel like the progression for this patch is like six steps too complicated.

So we have the new assaults on Uldum and the Vale, which last like two days. You can do the zone objective for your loot box once a week…? Or once per cycle? But then there are also daily quests. And they all give you Nightmare Fuel, which you can use to buy from the new rep vendors, but mainly to buy keys so you can do a Horrific Vision once per week, which will give you Nightmare Tokens.

But then there are Mini Horrific Visions that you can do once per day for some reason. And you can upgrade your legendary cloak, but when I already beat Thrall for this week, I have no idea if I’m supposed to burn another 10,000 Nightmare Fuel key to run it again and beat more bosses before winning, or if I have to wait until next week’s run.

This is the first patch in a long time where I feel like I need to watch a 40 minute video explaining the basics of what I’m supposed to be doing.

7 Likes

Yeah uh what would be wrong with just having visions be a weekly world quest like withered army? Make things a lot simpler.

Invasions could just be world quests too. I dont wanna fiddle with all these cycling dailies.

Part of me likes the extra systems like corruption but hoooo boy do i agree that its like 6 systems too complex

On top of mechagon and nazjatar

And everything else this expansion has tried

1 Like

“Hey guys, good work on getting 8.3 out on time! I think we’re really gonna crush this one!”
“Yeah, but the Heart of Azeroth chamber only kinda sucks. Is there anything we can do to make it marginally worse?”
“…”
“…”
“…”
“How about we put a bunch of rubble directly in front of where the player teleports in?”
“GET THIS MAN A RAISE.”

4 Likes

I cannot, for the life of me, process their decision making in that.

also, can anyone give me a rundown on what the path is fresh 120s need to do at this point? Not boosted 120s, which start in Nazjatar and can do 8.3 content immediately, but just like…

all the incremental months worth of drip content all choked down at once?

You can keep doing horrific visions as long as you can keep buying vessels but cloak progress is capped. I think it’s capped at rank 6 this week?

I will get rank 6 tonight, though I don’t really have a reason to.

Hardcore raiders probably need to max out their upgrades each week “rank 12 by raid night or benched!” which sounds awful.

Then that talent tree thing that needs to be maxed out before you can buy the backpack omg… yeah it’s not going to be very fast for me, we are 2 people in i420ish gear. A full party in mythic+ gear would do bigger clears and get more mementos.

Not really? its capped at 6 this week and goes up by one every week after so you can’t no life it. It’s actually more beneficial to not do more than one vision a week after this one because then after your cloak is capped then you can start grinding for gem sockets and the cosmetics so…

People in here making it sound harder than it is.

Wait what, isn’t it capped at 12 next week?

That is definitely better if not, slower but better.

Wrathion help Garrosh escape to “WoD”. In Turn this brought Gul’dan back. Gul’dan killed Varian.

Wait boosts start in naz now? I literally boosted a monk because I bought shadowlands like two days before 8.3

It’s capped at six this week not because that’s the total amount of Vessels you can acquire, but because Wrathion simply won’t give you the quest for rank 7. Next week, he’ll start giving out the quest for rank 7, the week after that, he’ll give out rank 8, etc. This is a universal timegate, not a per-character one—if you start late, you can get as many upgrades as you have Vessels until you catch up.

Source: Ashjra'kamas, Shroud of Resolve in the Weeks to Come

yeah, they changed the boost to give you like…390? ilvl armor and the quest to start the Naz expedition, and the 8.3 intro quest

I believe you need the Heart Forge quest done before the 8.3 questline triggers. That means you need to do the quest to unlock world quests, which allows the Nazjatar questline to trigger, and then do the Nazjatar questline until you get to the point where Magni sends you to unlock essences.

1 Like

Oh
TEN LETTERS

gromboli stew

demonic flavor

ah so this is how the thread dies

a death by a million cuts, and a hot helping of my worst joke yet