8.3 proves devs have learned nothing. More grind and timegates

They play just much less. Most are logging in to raid with there mains and than logging out. They are playing much less than they would like to believe trust me and that is if they are still playing at all.

Then they wouldnt make any money streaming. Its all about analytics.

This expansion is going down as the worst expansion in world of Warcraft history and for good reason.

The fact that people still play is only a testament of how much people love this game and want it to succeed

3 Likes

It’s like when people stay in a unhealthy relationship. Sometimes it’s hard to just leave all your fond memories behind. It’s the way it goes

2 Likes

Literally went on Twitch rn, the top 5 WoW streamers are two Method people going for World 1st…Toweliee who has played every day in the past couple weeks for multiple hours, Frostadamus who has played for multiple hours for the past few weeks, and a guy who is doing Classing PvP.

Which streamer are we talking about?

Dejavu (legendaries at the beginning of Legion)

1 Like

World first racers are playing a lot of wow that is a huge shocker to me and must mean the game is great. Ask any method player if they enjoy the essence system and grinding reps on alts and see what there answer is to you.

1 Like

Can I ask a regular person and not someone who is the top 1% of players?

Not to mention the world first race is going to be determined on who got the most and best corrupted procs on there gear and less about actually you know sklll…

Oh so like Legion.

Tight dps check… no problem jimmy bob and Jon all got infinite stars for a net gain of 60k dps we got this… great design

1 Like

Oh! So like with Legion legendaries.

Sorta with you on this one. You make valid points.
Honestly feel pretty rubbish about Shadowlands because of how 8.3 has played out and we are gonna be sat with this for a while.

I actually really really enjoy the Horrific Visions but besides that I have little else to do in WoW anymore. Grinding out world quests for capped rewards and rep boxes for a bit of gold …

Everything at this moment makes me feel the game is literally just a way to generate as much cash as possible. I know it’s a company and money talks but theres no quality in any of this.

I dont want Shadowlands to be another warlords … but given how theyve so flippantly admitted they’re behind a corporate schedule … it feels nothing like WoW. The moment they said that too I was like… damn. We are just a metric. Literally.

1 Like

Corporate culture just ruins gaming, but the issue is that…you cannot remove corporate culture from gaming this far into its lifespan.

I also enjoy horrific visions however I have been to scared to actually attempt bonus objectives due to the fear I have losing out on a cloak upgrade.

Horrific visions when without the time gated grinds to partake in them would be a fantastic piece of content but currently the way it stands is 95% grind 5% visions

thanks, that explains why it was so buggy, and such a mess.

1 Like

People like to use phrases incorrectly a lot.

Like pay to win.

It is worse cuz at last you would get that one legendary sooner or later
‘Now you need it to drop at x corruption tier with that specific effect and also multiple times since they stuck

It is far worse than legendaries

They can, it is called politics and regulation, but oh wait gamers are allergic to. Any mention of politics

And its Prydaz…so its useless. Yay?

The issue isnt politics is that…the corporate world runs the video game industry. The oversight boards are run by the companies. The advisors to politicians on the idea of games are companies. The main driving forces of video games as a tool for change…its companies.

Video games went corporate a long time ago. Politics will never do anything, because all these companies would have to do…is exactly the same thing other entertainment industries already do (and Im sure video game companies do the same thing by now) and thats form special interest groups.

The only time you will see games ever brought up in any form of politics…is on gun violence.

It’s ok because at the end of the day people have there limits I know I do . I am prone to withstanding more bs than most to because I tend to get addicted to a game and even if it has systems I hate I still play it in the hopes of change.

Personally this is coming to a end with me. When I clear heroic On my main I’m done, unsubbing until the devs can show me they are listening and committed to making the game better.

If I get even the slightest wiff of mandatory time gated grinds come shadowlands I am putting the game down for good.

I know I’m not the only one either there are many others like me who have blindly supported the game even thrown money at it who are just fed up. To many fantastic games out there and on the horizon to put up with all these terrible systems.

I will forever love to raid and love mythic plus on my main and alts alike but I’f what I’m doing in the game is 80% daily grinding it’s time to ask myself what am i doing here anymore.