8.3 proves devs have learned nothing. More grind and timegates

Exactly I could just op out of doing unfun content before and it did not effect my player power which is the way it should work.

Player strength should never come from boring tedious daily time gated grinds. The majority of the community has been loud and vocal about not liking this and devs clearly do not listen or so not care

2 Likes

Don’t even want to mention the fact of rng corrupted effects giving players a 15k dps boost based completely on luck either.

1 Like

Depends on what you are opting out on. Certain reps were required because of their exalted rewards that did give some boost in power to raiding.

The problem is they are so addicted to their metrics and multi-layered hamster wheels to maximize player retention, they can’t do much for alts without negating the whole process.

They have painted themselves into a corner. They have doubled down on this with nowhere to go now. I don’t see how 9.0 is going to be any different.

No
 exalted reps historically gave you the ability to get a piece of gear or a mount which was not required to get because if you were raiding anyway you would likely have a better or equal piece.

Not a rank 3 essence than gives you a extra 10k dps

2 Likes

Im not talking about gear. Enchantments however

What piece of player power are you talking about than?

In cata,mop or even wod getting exalted gave you no substantial power boost of any kind.

This is 100% true by the way. Anyone who has played since release knows this. I did not faction grind in Vanilla and TBC at all. I did in WOLK and Cata, but I did not do it for the gear. I loved the game so much in WOLK and CATA that I did it just for the accomplishment.

Reps were far less important back then, and dailies were less important.

Now? Its a vital part of the game and you feel forced to do it. They tried this approach at the beginning of MOP and it burnt a lot of players out.

Thats a blatant lie. If you were raiding back in Cata and Wrath, you needed exalted in Sons and Therazane.

Rep has always been a piece of content that was nice to have in the game for other reasons. Extra gold, access to a piece of gear or two or a nice mount but would never be something that if you did not pursue you would be gimping yourself out of a substantial piece of power like in today’s design

1 Like

I was not, I was a casual player. Ask the question before making the accusation next time moron.

Most casual players arent even grinding now, so whats the difference?

Bro you have no idea what your talking about!

Well if you can’t get behind how development is going there’s options:

• Stick with classic
  • Don’t buy new expansions and stick with last bought.
  • Cancel sub and find something more enjoyable.

Option three removes you paying a sub fee which takes money out of Blizzard’s pocket. That’s the best way they listen is when people stop paying.

1 Like

You are not to bright so I will end the argument here. Rep grinding IS THE CASUAL CONTENT NOW. It is better than heroic dungeon and LFR gear. This was not the case back then, period. Calling it a lie makes YOU the liar.

Don’t make stupid statements calling people liars when they actually played the game back then.

Already done. Finishing this tier of raiding than I will cancel sub until shadowlands launches as many others will.

Instead of playing through till shadowlands on multiple toons i won’t play at all.

You should not be wishing for people to get frustrated and cancel there subs over terrible game design if you actually care about the game man.

White knights thought

1 Like

No thats mythic +.

I’m not wishing anything. I’m stating if someone wanted to get their point across and don’t enjoy playing it’s best to just cancel. I learned a long time ago you can’t keep caring about something if it’s never going to fix itself.

Funny you act like this is a small amount of players who are complaining about this. Players and streamers alike have been panning this stuff since the essence system has been introduced in 8.2.

This is not a small isolated issue among whiney players like you would like to believe. These are die hard passionate wow players hating bad systems and for good reason. You can white knight as hard as you like and it will never make this awful game design good or better the game in any way shape or form.

And yet, these people havent stopped playing these games since its their livelihoods. Kinda funny huh?