8.3 proves devs have learned nothing. More grind and timegates

This has become common in all mmos lately, people play through patch cycles and rotate to something else until the next patch

what kills me is that they take a very large cut after a sale in auction then when you convert gold into battlenet balance, they have the nerve to charge sales tax for item purchased with gold.

1 Like

All part of their gold sinking plan.

The company has no control over what the State of California requires in taxation. Companies dislike to administrate tax collection because it adds another accounting layer and more responsibilities.

Ironically, Pathfinger and other time-gates were intended to extend your sub time and to end so-called “cyclical subs” (i.e., as you described). However, it’s backfired, because now people unsub between Pathfinger Part 1 and X (when you can fly). The longer the lapse, the fewer months subscribed.

I would say that time-gates and Pathfinger aren’t accomplishing the desired goals.

2 Likes

With WoW, a lot keep their subs going while taking a break, so they can come back whenever.

The devs are learning all the time how much the players will tolerate.

3 Likes

/sigh

You do it to yourself. It’s not the devs. It’s you. You and only you, that is the real problem here.

You want everything right now. Without having to wait, or pace yourself. You are addicted to instant gratification. You’ve forgotten how to earn something.

This content has to last. We’re in the expansion end-game, and we’re going to be here for around the next 12 months. If you could max out your cloak and fully deck yourself out in 440 gear tomorrow, how do they keep you entertained until Shadowlands comes out and free up enough resources to actually build the expansion?

Maybe take a beat, relax, and realize that it doesn’t matter if you miss a day or two. It doesn’t matter if you don’t maximize your Coalescing Vision income to run one vision full-clear every 24 hours for Curios.

It doesn’t matter.

None of it matters.

If you fall a week behind, guess what! You’ve got somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 more weeks to play catch-up.

If you fall thirty weeks behind, you should still have around 15 weeks where you can continue to slack off and still have enough time to catch up.

You are burning yourself out. Not the devs.

4 Likes

I have always maintained year-long subs in six month chunks. I’ve always found something to do in WoW, despite how horrible the game has gotten recently (in retail I just farm and twink). Now that I can play Vanilla again, I’m doing that.

However one of the primary motivations for these stupid changes and the introduction of Diablo and F2P elements, was allegedly to curb the cyclic-subs. I’m merely noting that what they’ve done to facilitate more, prolonged subs has had the opposite effect.

I really hope thats not how people would call the next expansion by the end of it

What do you even do in this game to consider yourself informed? Because your armory makes it look like nothing.

Nonsense. I raided in Wrath without shoulder enchants and did just fine. I raided in TBC without either Aldor or Scryers trinkets. Back in those days, your character’s power was intrinsic and not reliant on rental items and although the enchants were a nice plus, they were by no means, absolutely essential.

And pushing that envelope as hard as they can. Perhaps they view us as frogs in the proverbial boiling pot?

I don’t give them any extra money anymore. Don’t buy store goodies (and I used to buy them all) and I don’t buy expansions anymore. But I’m having fun in Classic and totally looking forward to other legacy servers -->MoP.

2 Likes

The funny thing is, if part 1 enabled flight in release content, those people would likely remain subbed, and those that don’t would likely be the ones that would unsub with or without flight anyway.

If Blizzard payed attention to what players want, they would see some of us would take pathfinder if they cut out the dumb time gate, make it a “do this get flight” not “do this, wait an arbitrary time, do this new stuff, get flight” Carrot and stick only works when the carrot is actually there once the stick is gone.

3 Likes

Bigger problem is, Blizz keeps doing the carrot on a stick thing, and, people are giving them the finger =/

1 Like

Because Blizzards carrot and stick amounts to removing the carrot and attaching it to a new stick when the first is dealt with by the players, in essence a different take on “the cake is a lie”. Blizzard is just lucky players can’t take the first stick and beat them with it for all the stunts they have pulled.

4 Likes

You’re right. The content drought in WoD would have been better received if people could have flown at max, I know it would have been by me.

2 Likes

It’s only fair, since Pathfinger is them giving us the finger. Worms are too.

1 Like

Agreed. Getting real tired of the Pathfinder crap

5 Likes

YoU hAvE tO eArN iT.

Ah yes, because games are supposed to be WORK : )

That is why im currently enjoying Swtor that has better gearing system, classes, pvp and story and can get geared within a week leaving only the last 10% of my character’s power to grind unlike WoW’s 50%+ damage coming from azerite+essences+corrupted gear

4 Likes

Perhaps it is a sign that the company hasn’t learned anything from player feedback. However it’s, also a sign that the player base hasn’t learned anything either. The company isn’t responding to the feedback. And yet we keep buying the product.

3 Likes