8.3 Pay to Win Raiding

Good thing weapons cant titanforge.

1 Like

Actually they can, just not to the level I said but you clearly understood my point :slight_smile:

What are the three items which can each increase dps by 10k. I want to see if I can afford one.

Yea, it gets odd that it can only be from a cache. Many people still think titanforge weapons rain from the sky in world content.

Op many of those guilds sell runs to get tons of gold

Infinity Stars is a 13k dps increase for ST, Twighligh Devistation for MT, and Echoing void. at times those three will account for 20-40% of your overall damage often being the top damage spell/ability you do.

Gushing wound is the hidden OP trait that in time will come to life at how strong it is.

1 Like

So can these BoE’s have bis corrupted traits?

Either way bud, you are just as capable as making the gold to buy said items. It’s not that hard. Either way, like we’ve said, you’ve never reached a level where it would make a difference for you.

Go check out Bloodmallet for more information for corrupted items if ur wondering how it sims. in my personal experience in raid, its very evident by 10k dps difference from those with those items and those without.

Why is it when someone starts a thread with “lets be honest” its typically an extremely dishonest phrase following it?

I don’t want to know how it sims. I want to know if BoE gear can have a tier 3 bis trait on it, so it can be sold.

If anyone with enough gold can buy a 460 with tier 3 infinite stars, I think that’s game-breaking.

1 Like

Agreed man.

Heck yea. I sold a 465 ring on AH for 350k

Whats dishonest about what i said? its not dishonest when guilds buy up items that boos there dps by 10k or more accounting for up to 20-40% of there overall damage from items they purchased. no titan forge ever provided that much of an increase of damage. its a pay to win model. its pay to win at every level. heroic, normal, mythic and will filter into mythic plus as well

1 Like

You have a twisted version of “pay to win” that doesn’t apply here, which requires a leap in logic and being blatantly ignorant for it to fit.

With such loose requirements for “pay to win” that means literally any game with an economy is.

1 Like

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/jealousy

1.Jealousresentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another’s success or advantage itself.

1 Like

So you are saying if my guild buys enough items we get World First?
Sweet I’ll let my GM know.

1 Like

This is such nonsense. No one from top guilds is buying these things with gold earned by spending any real money. They earn millions of gold everytime they sell a single Cutting Edge clear. They are directly translating their skill at the game into services that provide them in game currency for an in game resource advantage. Pay to win, give me a break.

If you can put anything up for sale that allows you instantly get that much of a boost, it 100% is a pay to win model. ingame gold or with money. its still a pay to win model. ex: your guild is struggling to kill a boss. u go to the AH buy 1 item and boom the entier encounter is trivialized. thats pay to win when you don’t need mechanics or skill or strategy to overcome an encounter. to simply go onto an AH and buy an item is pay to win.

What encounter is being trivialized, specifically?

2 Likes
  1. Jealousresentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another’s success or advantage itself.

/End Discussion