8.3 MOTHER catchup vendor not unlocking essences

I know it’s been years since BFA, but I have been unlocking essences for timewalking on my main to use on my alts, and after completing Blood of the Enemy for the second time, it still remains locked on MOTHER. I am unable to purchase this item on my alts.

For those that aren’t fully aware, the requirements for this essence are “win a pvp island expedition” oh, and now you see the biggest issue, and why I’m making this post. Those do not pop anymore. We waited in queue for 7 hours, only to run into a boosting team that we beat. After that, you have to grind 40k honor. That’s 2 honor caps and some change. That’s not practical AT ALL for the amount of alts I have.

I also did this with two friends, who were able to use the vendor catch up system perfectly fine, and purchase their essence with no trouble whatsoever.

Then to cope a little, I decided to humor one of the GMs and do it again, I had the rank 1 essence on my lvl 50 mage, so I leveled it to 60 and grinded the 40k honor, bought 50 marks of honor for 20k honor and was rewarded with nothing but 12 hours of time wasted and another level 60 mage…

1 Like

I recently made a ticket in response to this with the same issue, and basically got the run around with multiple different answers and explanations. I’m in a fairly large discord where people actively farm and unlock this particular essence and I am pretty sure it is bugged.

Multiple people have Rank 3 Blood of the Essence unlocked on their mains and are able to go and purchase it on their alts no problem. Some have to have Rank 1 unlocked to purchase Rank 3 from Mother. And there are even some Like you and I who still can’t do both.

I myself have Rank 3 unlocked and was unable to purchase it on alts. I did however receive a response from a kind GM who actually took the time to read my ticket and confirmed it themselves for me that they needed to have Rank 1, and was able to purchase Rank 3 on their own character.

I had the quest in my logs still on an alt with the PvP Island expedition part already completed so I just finished it and obtained Rank 1 and still couldn’t buy the Rank 3 from Mother, even though the GM was able to.

There was a recent post on r/wow detailing someone else also having issues here and even took the time to learn it again and still not be able to purchase it.

One of the points the CS or GM will state is PvP essences are not account wide, but that goes against what a GM actually did on their own account to test for me. It would also be pretty redundant to even have the items on Mother if they weren’t meant to be bought.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps learning the Rank 3 after Shadowlands somehow broke it after there were issues at the beginning not being to learn essences at all at the heart forge. I originally had the achievement done to purchase the Rank 3 in BFA, but never took the time to farm out marks to purchase until recently.

That post on r/wow was me.

The crazy thing, is my friend and I unlocked it at the same time, he didn’t have blood of the enemy on any characters because we did not like the idea of pvp island expeditions and doing epic bgs was not something I enjoyed. He was able to purchase the essence on his alts, including an alt shaman with 31 hks. So the sheer fact that CS told me to redo it, and I DID, which meant leveling an alt mage that had rank 1 blood of the enemy, and grinding 30k honor on it. That was miserable, and it did not work. Was a waste of 18-20 hours of my time. I actually gave up getting it on my alts, I’m not about to do that again. Not worth the time… We also both had the 100k honor achieve “Battlefield Master” so we could’ve purchased the rank 4 essence in bfa, if we had it. Just honestly a very bad experience for me, like 12 CS responses and they were all varying from linking to a wowhead post from a patch from before mother was a vendor for essences, or detailing how to put in a bug report.

2 Likes

I’m running into this same issue and the support ticket is not helping at all lol. Were you able to get a solution?

I am also having this issue, just opened a support ticket, just hoping to get this issue on Blizzard’s radar.

I think at this point I’m just going to have to manually unlock Blood of the Enemy on every character I want it on.

Even characters that already have the 30k honor achievement done cannot purchase it from MOTHER, it’s just bugged. Maybe Blizzard will fix this at some point, I don’t know.

I’m having this issue with Rank 3 Nazjatar essence. I can’t even buy the essence from MOTHER on the exact character with Rank 3

Edit: Workaround that worked for me:

• When I just learned the Rank 3 Nazjatar essence (Essence A) it did not appear for alts.
  • When I learned a new Rank 3 essence (Essence B) the previous Rank 3 Nazjatar essence (Essence A) now appeared for alts (but the new Rank 3 essence (B) did not).
  • By learning another Rank 3 essence (Essence C), Essence B became available for alts (But, not Essence C)

TL;DR: Try learning a new R3 essence (not a duplicate) on the original character with the R3 essence you want to pass to alts to see if the previous ones now appear for alts

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same issue. I just spent a crap ton of time unlocking the Rank 3 Ripple in Space Essence and now I am unable to buy it on my alts!

Edit: The workaround above worked. An easy Rank 3 Essence to get is the Crucible of Flame from the Investigating the Highlands quest from Kalecgos in the Chamber of the Heart. Your Heart of Azeroth needs to be level 60 to unlock it.