8.3 is a failure for some, what games are you gonna be playing instead?

Considering there’s a number of players that have already been off putted by the ridiculous grinding and alt unfriendliness of the patch which was the last hope for BfA.

What games do you plan on playing?

Think i ll just focus on swtor, playing a few different classes and having fun with them since alts arent a pain in that game.

What about you?

1 Like

I’m still going to be playing WOW , but I might not be doing much end game content. It’s like this for me every expansion…

2 Likes

I don’t get why people think that core systemic things of an expansion are going to just be done away with in a single content patch. Was 8.3 the hail mary that some people were expecting it to be? Of course not, it has a few glaring flaws, but those flaws are kind of integral to BFA’s design.

If you want sweeping gameplay changes and a complete turnaround to “Alt friendly” you’re going to have to wait for an expansion where they can actually take the train off the tracks and rebuild the rail system to better accommodate it rather than running the train off the tracks and causing an amalgamated mess that nobody likes.

We’ve got a year to play around with this content. That’s enough time to get an alt up to speed easily.

Thing I just don’t get is people who have never done a key above 5, don’t raid anything outside of normal mode if even that, nor do pvp at anything above 1500 act like they need to have top of the line things to perform these tasks. You don’t. My friends and I had boost toons barely of even 405 ilvl and we were able to complete a +10 on time to get our alts some gear pieces this week. We didn’t have rank 3 essences, we didn’t have top of the line azerite traits, hell most of us didn’t even have a third essence slot, let alone anything to put into it.

People are just being babies.

4 Likes

Because it is possible and incredibly easy, it doesnt even require much technical effort to make more things account bound and simply allow freedom of gear between alts.

It isnt something that cant be done, it is something the stubborn developers simpyl dont want to change.

And many hoped that the admission of their failures in blizzcon would translate into action in 8.3, and instead they dug themselves even deeper, which makes me think shadowlands isnt gonna be that much different.

my guess is probably not…

1 Like

Perhaps because not only it’s been such a colossal failure, but because it has been pointed out to them since the alpha that this was going to be a problem right from the start. And it has been.

Your coming here to support deliberately unpopular dev decisions only looks bad on you. That’s where it begins and ends.

"Don’t complain about an expansion during the alpha, beta, ptr, first patch, second patch, third patch, wait to complain until after it has ended and it’s already too late to complain about major issues in the next expansion which people are already quitting over.

…by expecting to get a game that is entertaining after paying big bucks up front and then paying monthly fees.

Thank. You. Ion.

1 Like

It seems a change has been introduced to many people’s world view.

It is less about the game being fun and more about you working for the game.
It is less about the government helping the people and more about the people obeying the government.
It is less about the corporations working to improve the life of people and more about the people working for the corporation.

Seems like people will justify anything these days to save their status quo

3 Likes

Considering the poster I am responding to appears to have rolled that toon as a forum alt to hide behind when supporting unpopular dev decisions which on day 2 we are already seeing players unsubbing over…

Blizzard never stated these things were coming with 8.3, people let their wishes somehow make people believe that this was a confirmed thing when it never was. Also you’re acting like they don’t overhaul a bunch about patches in the .5 variant of it.

There is no need to. You do not need these things unless you’re on the bleeding edge of progression which I assure you, you are not nor are you anywhere close to that caliber of player.

It’s funny how the bottom 20% of the playerbase acts like the problems that affect the top 5% of the game somehow prevent them from doing normal mode or something.

Correct, a lot of things were complained about I am not discounting that, I was very vocal in my criticism in beta over azerite traits and the whole general vibe of how the neckpiece was going to play out. I was also very vocally against this exact system in Legion when it was with artifact weapons.

I’m not defending them, I’m just simply saying “What did you honestly expect?” But hey I get it, it took you seven months into Antorus to get your AOTC. I at least got mine in the week I actually began playing 7.3 actively. You want to pretend like you’re part of that upper 5% of players that actually suffer from problems and actually have a concern toward needing to make sure four toons are all top of the line for whatever composition is determined by their guild. You’re not.

Again, I was vocal about a lot of changes for the worse when they had their first iteration in Legion. I was vocally against them in alpha for BFA. However the ship for change has already sailed on this expansion. The time to have anything adjusted was 8.1. Now it’s just complaining for the sake of complaining because if you expect them to backtrack and retool literally everything now the game is going to be a hell of a lot worse.

Just voice your concerns now and hope they’re answered in Shadowlands. Literally all you can do. Maybe you’ll learn how development cycles work one day.

YOU GUYS TURNED IT INTO THIS. Do you think Shadowlands was just a spur of the moment decision by Blizzard to run the game into the dirt? No, it was the culmination of all of the years of changes they kept making to make the game “more interesting, more accessible, less time consuming.” Know what happened? You got WoD where you literally did not have to play the game outside of a raid week, same with Legion. Blizzard now is having a knee jerk reaction and realizing that maybe people playing their game is a good thing. However this is the only way they can get people playing their game by forcing a bunch of arbitrary grinds because everything that otherwise would justify playing was destroyed to sate a group of people who wanted an MMO with the simplicity and time consumption of a mobile phone game.

This. Is. Your. Fault.

2 Likes

Sure you were.

Yes, you are.

You are telling us that it is an unreasonable expectation to expect to get a game that’s fun, and that players should simply open their wallets and pay regardless.

LOL. You can’t make that stuff up. Oh, you did.

The idea that players should not have “four toons” is a clear sign of where you’re coming from. You’re the one who is hiding behind smoke and mirrors here.

“Let me tell you how to play and what kind of fun you are permitted to have, I know these things because I have an inside line to God”.

And people were complaining then. Not only that, but a lot of people had already quit over your ideas.

What are the ideas you are pushing right now? No one should ever complain about anything. Should not complain in the alpha, the beta, the ptr, the first patch, the second patch, because it was already too late in the alpha for devs to admit they had made mistakes. But pay please.

Nope. It’s all on the devs. It has never been about what players wanted. It’s about their grand plan for the glorious future of the game.

Oh noes! Devs have no choice! After all these horribly unpopular decisions that have driven so many away from the game, players are forcing, I tell you forcing them to do things that never happened and aren’t going to happen except in your mind.

Thank you for your authoritarian whitewash. Blame other people for your own shortcomings. Make up nonsense about how players forced devs to do things that never happened.

Wow. Propaganda failure, foxy.

Interesting how this brand new toon that has never posted before has level 3 posting trust. Curious.

2 Likes

I swear, all you do is post about how much you don’t like the game and “how much more fun” you’re having with other games.

If you’re not having fun, go play other games.

1 Like

Hey good thing is they aren’t going to change anything for Shadowlands either.

Gotta get something out of the wow sub im not gonna be using : p

Well at least it got moved to a more correct forum.

Pyxzil is right though, even though i don’t like or play the game anymore; blizzard steered the game in the direction most people liked.

People loved legendaries, so low drop rate legendaries became a thing. People loved lfr, so lfr replaced looking for group applications. People loved flashy and pointless abilities, so those took over the game.

Classic re-launch was a success and definetly a breathe of fresh air, but it was just a tool to change the direction of the current state of the game.

Seriously?

The only thing standing in the way of scrapping azerite was their over-inflated ego.

It wouldnt be hard to introduce tier sets for 8.3… but hey lets keep trying to fix what was never broken.

People arent being babies, they are sick of half baked Beta content being released.

1 Like

Cancelled my sub last night. I’m playing ESO right now and even though it isnt as polished, the questing is much more enjoyable and the gameplay sucks me in for hours at a time. The do a good job with immersion.

1 Like

Thank you for this post, I was just coming here to ask this after ranting about the terrible state of PVE dependent PVP in wow now, which is connected to the crazy over the top grind of this latest patch. Mostly about how much PVE we PVP only players will be requited to do and it does not happen the other way. It should.

So, and I hate to say this because I love wow and have played it for almost 10 years and have five (this is the boost) active arena players, I am bummed I went ahead and purchased Shadowloads.

Wow PVP is dead, it is still there, but it is full of PVE ear and PVE players protected by it playing against us in full Notorious Glad gear that maxes out 20 levels below them unless you hit rock start. Even their gear is not PVE rock star, but when you are 1600-1800, not the best of course but most would probably strugged to hit Combatant, and you max your gear at 435 and you will get that gear over and over so lock as you don’t hit Rival, and then it goes up by 10! Gasp.

No way the vast majority of player strutting around in their 350 and 345 pieces, drops from the M10s they are selling and buying (remember when you could not do that with PVP for fear of getting banned? Oh yeah, that was PVP, now there you can do that with PVE and players can also buy gold!. Great little cottage industry you created there wow. A lot of really good PVE players are really enjoying all the “for gold only” coming their way, LOL and all of that.

So, is there a game for PVP that has the quality and depth of wow PVP without all the powder puff feel goodery of PVE? Unless we get a version of WoW PVP, as in something like Classic, PVPers are going to continue to leave because they have so taken that part of the game from us.

What is the next game?

1 Like

I agree Pyxzil. I have five arena players, this is the second lowest in score, just above 1600 and a two week old boost, and all five just do 2s. It is what I have more or less done since Cata. Always somewhere in the Rival/Challenger range, depending on RL, twice hitting Duelist and once Hero long ago.

So, as you pointed out, “above 1500”, i am in that category of seeing changes to my specific part of the game, the part I might not be the best at but I do it season after season after season and have my moments, but now, it is not like that.

In legion I branched out into alts because I would hit cap each week. Now I have two priests, the other is Rival almost duelist (I would have made it I promise lol, next time), my survival hunter, a holy pally and a rogue. All above 1500, all but two above 1600.

That will not happen going forward. The grind might even be too much for my mains. I have no problem with the grind the way it was, but this time is different, much different, and I don’t have all year. Just like PVE players need to not miss a day because of their whatever it is now, I will have to hit the ground running on my gear on my main. I will be in second or third tier PVP gear in a few weeks, but my cloak, my cloak not even sure at this point I am going to do it, will be like level two or whatever the new system is.

Make it even at least. Why compel us to do so much PVE when PVE players are not requited to do the same, or at least never go in WM (sorry, probably triggered someone there) for the bonus, and get gear far beyond .

They took our PVP game away and gave us a user friendly PVEasy PVP. Not fun for the PVP only player. PVE only? No problem, and here 20 more ilvls, just buy this M10.

PvP is what kept me engaged with WoW, but year after year of watching Blizzard treat PvP like a red headed step child; it was pretty apparent they just didn’t care.

On the bright side, playable puppies ! !

1 Like