8 year break

Must be longer than eight years if this is new to you…

Play Classic.

yeah I hate dungeons with mini games like that - they started that in BfA. Ion’s replacement for that content isn’t very good.

1 Like

Ammotype#1235 I mainly play alli for now. I don’t know it’s I should keep playing or not. I had a blast until I quit in cata

4th sentence or 21 words in.:wink:

1 Like

Most people actually like the fact that everything isn’t a brain dead tank and spank. Interesting boss mechanics are fun

I’d say give it a week or two more and see how ya like it. If you cannot stand that week or two well then, there’s your answer.

1 Like

Ooooooo, man. This is a rough time to be coming back into WoW. Like… ouch, seriously.

My recommendation - level alts through content you have not done before, just to get 'em levelled up, and then find a good expansion that you find fun and live there for a bit. Shadowlands is terribad. :frowning:

4 Likes

I’ve been spamming low level dungeons with a group of friends, and we’ve been hitting just about every expansion to liven up the process.

It’s really interesting watching the evolution of 5man boss mechanics throughout the expansions.

There are parts I enjoy. There really are. Just not the parts I used to enjoy. Trying to heal tanks in non-linear dungeons is a pain. I lose track of them. Everytime they go a different way. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty cool to watch how things progress. Even bigger difference when you look at raids honestly

1 Like

That’s like stopping smoking for 8 years and then picking the dirty habit back up.

1 Like

My sympathies.

I came back Xmas 2019 after a seven year break and it was a shock. The amount of role-play mechanics removed from the game was heart-breaking.

But I could live with it because I was having this amazing, immersive adventure questing thru all the old content on all my old characters to pick up on the story, play and finally do solo raids since they were now a thing.

Then I hit Draenor and that party was over. So now I stick to pre-Draenor content and am currently collecting patterns for transmog. Oh, and I tend to play a few month on and a few months off at whim.

Good luck! Hope you find something fun to do. If not, there are a lot of games out there and quite a few people on here recommend Final Fantasy 14. (Personally, I can’t deal with the art style or cat girls but that is me.)

2 Likes

why are you surprised that encounter design has improved in 8 years?

You broke out and then came back!?? But…why??? :frowning:

In all seriousness, the game design around dungeons has fundamentally shifted to reward players who can get through the content as fast as possible.

People can argue for or against that design - but one thing is for sure, the content requires a lot more precision and reaction time than it ever used to. Meanwhile, most of the player base is getting older, slower and more frighteningly nostalgic (longing for the “good 'ol days” where “skill” meant properly CCing a dungeon pack before you single-target DPS’d them down, one at a time). This is why the player base that does this content is dwindling.

…also why you shouldn’t have come back! :wink:

But welcome back anyways!

1 Like

:laughing:

Yeah I’m not fond of that dungeon either

That’s the route I took :+1:

Yep, everyone wants to skip all mobs now which I personally wouldn’t be against but the problem is you have M+30 KingSama in a group with “Just got SL today” timmy and he expects him to be able to judge aggro range? :rofl:

2 Likes

:+1:

Nope :laughing: you went back too far! Don’t go back that far lol

My take is that they don’t think it has improved. I am of the same opinion.

I left during Vanilla and came back at the end of Legion. Everything had of course changed, but I had 100 levels of exploration to do.

I had a lot of fun until I got to max level a little after BFA came out. Repetitive instanced content is not something I enjoy. The attitude of a lot of the players is off-putting to put it nicely.

1 Like

No. Healer’s could easily and did dps. Now it’s expected. My job is to keep people alive, not kill stuff. As a healer, my dps was never spoken of. Now it’s not enough to keep everyone alive. It’s hard enough learning the mechanics in pugs.lol

I just realized that 8 years ago was legion.

I thought we were talking cata/early mop

jesus christ time flies.

yea scratch that, it hasn’t really improved then.

edit: nvm im bad at math, 8 years ago would be WoD