8 Million Players

There are millions who want the game to be as it was. Total players will get back to its peak after Blizzard and Activision see the numbers. It would be against their interests to not have BC and WotLK classic servers. Activision wants the money. Blizzard has the games that we all loved greatly and want to play again as they were.

Anyone else got more popcorn? I just went through mine.

2 Likes

i play retail. hehe so i also helped to pay for it. in fact, been playing since vanilla. i wasnt here for the wall of no thing and have never argued with you on the topic. i didnt come to the forums at all till the devs asked players to go on forums and tell them which races they’d like for allied races on retail.

i dont think it’s just one way or the other, i like both games (though i’ll likely play more on classic than on retail. i mean if retail gave the alliance a decent allied race in the future when classic is out, i’d be hard pressed to choose but would likely just play it in spurts. i appreciate both styles of play, to be frank, but gosh i miss the old talent trees and quest chains from vanilla era game play.

1 Like

And don’t forget the original millions of subs from Vanilla funded later work

Going forward both games support each other, especially with a shared sub.

2 Likes

The beauty will be to play the game you enjoy the most be it retail, classic, BC, or WotLK. To have those options available to the consumer will bring in new players as well as the players that loved the classic games.

2 Likes

/sighs in contentment

i . can’t. wait. well, i can wait but dont want to. hehe

1 Like

The same argument could be turned around and worked forward–the people who played during Classic paid for the development of BfA :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus, I still play BfA, so I have a pretty valid position to declare what I love about Classic and what I want to get from it.

2 Likes

The same argument could be turned around and worked forward–the people who played during Classic paid for the development of BfA

Agreed.

Aehl’s Rules: Book Two page four.

Theres an old saying about bees and vinegar. Dont make enemies of those who could be your friends.

1 Like

Classic players like classic. They don’t want modern conveniences.

Classic players like classic. They don’t want modern conveniences.

Plus, I still play BfA, so I have a pretty valid position to declare what I love about Classic and what I want to get from it.

i had the opportunity to try out a reboot of the mmorpg everquest called project 1999. it included the first 2 expansions. it was so fun. it was exactly as i remembered it. it’s still just as fun as it was back then, perhaps moreso because everyone was so thankful to have it back in its more classic version, where you ran everywhere on foot, the community was alot nicer and closer, etc. all the things we want wow classic for as well.

And when I play Classic, I want it to be Classic, not BfA. I’d think you would recognize the fact that–by playing BfA currently and understanding its current state–I have some ground to stand on in terms of what I want Classic to be.

It should be a completely different game, with a totally different set of core values. BfA is a loot treadmill with faster-paced combat and ability rotations, while Classic is a loot mine that requires digging, discovering, and developing your own rewards.

2 Likes

That is LITERALLY the definition of instant gratification

3 Likes

Over 10 years of private servers prove nostalgia alone isn’t why people want vanilla.

6 Likes

Over 10 years of private servers prove nostalgia alone isn’t why people want vanilla

Using software piracy and IP theft as a facet of your argument is
unwise.

Maybe maybe not. But stop thinking people want classic because of rose colored glasses.
We want it because you were a nobody learning the ropes
We want it because it’s an actual mmorpg, something retail has lost.

4 Likes

Maybe maybe not.

There is no maybe

Software piracy is theft.

I’m not disagreeing with that. I’m talking about private servers invalidating my argument.

Let me ask you this. If there wasn’t a very real demand for classic why would blizzard be making it?

3 Likes

Wait are we having an argument about whether there’s demand for vanilla wow 6 months before it’s going to be released?

1 Like

I knew several women that left there partners over wow. This was such a huge problem there was even a name for it. Wow widows.

2 Likes