8 Million Players

I’m talking about private servers invalidating my argument

They do.

So tell me this, why is blizzard making classic then?

1 Like

Because we used manners.

I remember the YouTube videos. People had to delete their entire accounts because it was such a problem for their lives. A game has to be damn good to do that! Classic WoW was and always will be one of the greatest games of all time. Millions will return to play it.

1 Like

1.) this is a stupid straw man argument

2.) you could make a very convincing argument that it’s NOT theft because Blizzard wasn’t offering the product

1 Like

2.) you could make a very convincing argument that it’s NOT theft because Blizzard wasn’t offering the product

No you cant. Just because Blizzard wast offering it is NO justification for STEALING it. Its illegal. Its theft.

Full stop the end.

IP maybe, but not necessarily a monetary theft.

I notice you didn’t disagree on the straw man?

IP maybe, but not necessarily a monetary theft

Its both and I wont argue law with someone who doesnt know what they are on about.

As for straw man no it isnt. Its illegal. The end.

Lol - you arguing that it being IP theft has ZERO to do with people only wanting Classic because of nostalgia.

It’s the definition of a strawman.

4 Likes

This is true, but there is value in the existence of those servers. It proves enthusiasm. I don’t approve of private servers, but it doesn’t have to be morally appropriate in order to teach us valuable lessons–such as the fact that people are still hungry for vanilla gameplay.

2 Likes

aehl

i’ve had time to think about it, and believe these videos do it more justice than i can

1 Like

Classic will lose 75% of it’s population within the first two weeks

a lot of people who didn’t play are buying in to the hype train until they realize the cons:

• More punishing
  • More time consuming
  • More boring (leveling/less content/etc)
  • More frustrating (harder mechanics + ignorant players)

with that being said, despite those cons;
I’m super excited to play Classic and can’t wait.

Aehl,

I’m confused, why do you come to this forum? This specific one for classic discussion. Based off all your posts, you do not want classic, you have no desire to be part of the classic community. If its trolling your after, then shame on this forum’s moderators for not banning you by now.

You have your game, which most who are looking forward to classic consider an abomination as they also see the prior Expansions past Wrath to be. So go enjoy your game and leave this forum, let those who are looking forward to the return of Vanilla wow (in the form of classic) enjoy their discussions without some Troll like yourself coming in here and trying to trash what we all consider to be a far superior game than one that is currently being produced.

7 Likes

12M players was the peak, which was late “Wrath” to early Cata.

1 Like

What could the number be when the trilogy is available to play? Everyone who loves Classic will be on Classic servers. Everyone who loves BC servers will be on BC servers and same for WotLK. I believe the numbers could surpass that peak.

EDIT: The numbers including retail player numbers as well.

it dawned on me that they should make it so when each of the new expacs spawn, they should have identical server names from classic vanilla, and your level appropriate characters, if you decide to go to the next expac, will be copied over to the same name server, so you are always interacting with the same group of players that you started the classic vanilla game with.

your original characters stay intact on classic vanilla as well and are not impacted by expac changes. only the copies of those characters, copied over to the expacs are affected by it.

THEN, have a looking for group channel that you can access for all expacs on the same server, so you’re always leveling with people from the same server, regardless of the expac. it might be something like this:

LFM for vanilla sunken temple.
or
LF dps for tbc sunken temple.
or
LF geared tank for vanilla nax.
or
Need heals for tbc ramparts.
or
Need 2 dps for uldaur (no expac identified needed if only 3 games available since wotlk would be the only one with uldaur. there wouldn’t be a cata uldaur since cata expac is not part of the triology)

this would increase the possible groups/raids you could join by a massive margin, provided you have sufficiently level chars in each expac, for that particular content.

if that makes sense.

1 Like

Jokes are funny.

I think the Classic restoration team at Blizzard can pump out BC and drop it when people are completing Naxx. Classic was a two year project and I think the same could be said for BC and WotLK maybe even less time because they know how to do it the second time around. Dropping a Classic Expac every 2 years around the time the others are getting to their endgame would be a great idea.

I agree with the copying of main characters from Classic wow onto BC server to continue progressing on the BC server, leaving the Classic servers alone. Classic servers should be Classic servers untouched by BC.

whatdya think of the idea of having a chat channel that crosses all expacs on same name server, where people can advertise for group/raid members for any expac on the same server name? then they wouldnt need to implement the LFG system in wotlk.

and we could log out of one expac and into another to join a group/raid. would make it so there was always something to do and never be entirely isolated from previous expac. lets say i have a char thats high enough level to do mana tombs on the tbc server, and another char thats high enough level to do mana tombs on wotlk server. i can select which char has the best gear or alternatively, needs the most gear, for that server/expac, for mana tombs. it would increase its playabilty exponentially.

Hyperspace

NO