8 Million Players

In terms of statistics there were more subs for Wrath. Legacy servers wont pass retail until BC and/or wrath servers are also released which may not even happen.

1 Like

If they Run BC after classic i could see 5Mill players.

It is widely accepted that BC and WOTLK are hands down the best expacs of wow and one of the most popular times in MMO history.

1 Like

There would have to be some legit iq level 20 people in the headquarters for them not to release Burning crusade.

They could resell that as a DLC to classic server release and a majority of people would buy it no doubt. I would buy several copies for myself, my kids and or family and friends that would love to play a good warcraft game.

Are people really this delusional? GL I guess.

2 Likes

Why would Blizzard not create Classic servers for their most popular expansions?
What good reason is there not to.
It is millions of dollars a month that they are otherwise not collecting. Not to mention giving their audience what they want. BC and WotLK.

Technically, by combining the subs of Retail and Classic, Blizzard can more easily fudge their accounting and financial numbers when it comes to the impact of Classic.

X million people currently play Retail.
Y million people have played Classic.

Sounds beautiful doesn’t it?

You still have to buy the latest expansion, so there’s that.

1 Like

I do? Just to play Classic? I mean you can just Sub right?

Think his point was people must buy bfa to play bfa.

1 Like

Yeah, that.

I don’t recall any mention of resetting.

I do? Just to play Classic? I mean you can just Sub right?

Classic will not be a standalone, and you will need the current game to play.

Not sure what he means, but
you pay $15 you get access to Classic. You don’t need to have bought the latest expansion. In addition to access to Classic, you get access to all of Current WoW, excluding the latest expansion. So you’ll get 1-110 content, just not BfA. And Classic on top of that.

predicts the sub numbers almost making it to 1 million and declining from there.

2 Likes

Not sure what he means, but
you pay $15 you get access to Classic.

You will need the current game to play Classic which will cost more than $15.00.

No you don’t. I don’t know if you’re deliberately lying or you just don’t know

Right now, at this very moment, you can play 1-110 WoW for nothing but $15/month. You don’t have to have bought Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, WoD, or Legion. Just pay your $15 and you get it all
up until BfA.

2 Likes

Oh?

On the Starter Edition you will not have access to:

• Expansion content (quests, zones, etc)
  • Characters above level 20
  • Pet Battles
  • Other chat channels and whispers to non-friends
  • All guild-related functions
  • Value added services (character transfers, faction changes, etc)
  • Party formation
  • Trade, mail, or the Auction House
  • Voice chat or Real ID

Any player who is NOT a current WOW player will need to buy the entire game.

I still can’t tell if you’re just misinformed or trolling. You realize a starting edition is an account that’s not paying a sub, right?

Feel free to apologize. :wink:

2 Likes

No hoss, all you need to play Classic is a WoW sub, I believe the exact words were “Classic will be free to all with a WoW Sub”, and a base wow sub includes what Mogar listed above.

2 Likes

No hoss, all you need to play Classic is a WoW sub, I believe the exact words were “Classic will be free to all with a WoW Sub”, and a base wow sub includes what Mogar listed above.

Source.