8 Million Players

Imagine the server queue. ARRRGGHHHHH.

After the first or second raid tier release, 400k regular NA players, 600k EU players, I don’t care about Asian numbers, and Oceanic/other will be a small fraction of the overall population. (Regular = logging on at least every other day)

1 Like

Pretty much all the Zeldas are good in some way. I didn’t like Majora’s Mask as much though because the time limit was weird.

I feel like there is a forgotten player base for this game. I mean for at one point in its history to have 12 million players, a lot of fricken people loved this game. Granted it was to kill the Lich King (Arthas) which dated back to WC3 which was a major factor for people wanting to play WotLK.
I think there is still that interest for the game as it was.

If Blizzard looks at the numbers for Classic servers and views the interest people have for BC, WotLK, I think that there is potential for millions of subs with the addition of those expansions to the Classic Servers.

Edit: To add to this, Warcraft 3 Reforged will ignite that fire to play WotLK once again. It is the perfect pair of games. The old school RTS where you played as Arthas and saw/played through the history of Warcraft to then get into the World of Warcraft and slay Arthas on his throne.

Roughly under 2 million

You keep throwing around the phrase “nostalgia has its place” but not in the mainstream but fail to realize that the retro culture is huge in clothing, home decor, auto’s and music remixes if these industries aren’t mainstream I dont know what mainstream is nor do you obviously.

You keep throwing around the phrase “nostalgia has its place” but not in the mainstream but fail to realize that the retro culture is huge in clothing

To a point yes, but clothes arent video games.

, home decor, auto’s and music remixes if these industries aren’t mainstream I
dont know what mainstream is nor do you obviously.

A 2004 MMO with a pay to play paradigm using 2004 graphics and gameplay in 2018 is not mainstream.

Tell that to Nintendo and their Classic console sales.

Tell that to Nintendo and their Classic console sales.

Neither of them are a

2004 MMO

with

pay to play

Single player only.

I wasn’t aware those consoles were free.

As far as 2004 graphics or gameplay, that is a completely pointless thing to say. If a game is fun, it’s fun. And Vanilla WoW is fun. Is Chess mainstream? Have they updated the chess board over the years? I could list a million examples, but I feel like they’d fly over your head.

I believe it will be more.

Classic had 8 million they lose about 3 million in bc and gained about 5 million.
In WoTLK they lost another few million players and gained 5 million.

Ppl have doubts but I believe it will grow. If they do it right I am going to say 12 million. It could be so massive blizzard might have to change thier outlook on MMOs.

8 million easy. Everyone I know is coming back to play Classic, and not one of them wants anything to do with retail. Retail will have tumbleweeds blowing through Stormwind when Classic is released.

WoW could easily rise to its highest numbers yet between classic and current wow combined

1 Like

Those numbers were for BC which they definitely need to add at some point

Diablo 2 has more players on reset than the newer diablo 3 game.

Players are putting just as many hours in on gaming as they did 10 years ago… Trust me :smiley:

If the game is as god awful as BFA is people will go play classic until changes are made

Really? Everyone that plays games fits that description? I didn’t fit that description in 2004, and I’m 14 years older now.

I didn’t start quite that early but Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos was one of my favs as were the old D&D games like, Eye of the Beholder and especially Pools of Radiance. I didn’t need a modem to play my games back then.

Let’s say, over the entirety of WoW this game will reach 12 million players with the inclusion of Classic: Burning Crusade and Classic: Wrath of the Lich King.
With resets happening ever so often who knows how long this game will last for.
It may influence future retail design for the better.

Edit: I would not be surprised to see it surpass 12 million over the entire game with the inclusion of the Xpac Classic Servers. Especially when the hype over the game’s classic servers will be all over the internet and news for the gaming community.

Really? Everyone that plays games fits that description? I didn’t fit that description in 2004, and I’m 14 years older now.

https://venturebeat.com/2014/04/29/gaming-advocacy-group-the-average-gamer-is-31-and-most-play-on-a-console/

The average age of someone who plays games is 31 years old. In fact, more gamers are over the age of 36 than between the ages of 18 to 35 or under the age of 18. They are also mostly men, but by a slimming margin. Men make up 52 percent. From 2012 to 2013, the number of women gamers over the age of 50 grew by 32 percent.

47 percent of gamers are between 18 and 49 years old.Apr 29, 2016

https://www.smh.com.au/technology/new-statistics-reveal-the-face-of-australian-gaming-20120802-23g49.html

According to the survey, the average age for an Australian gamer is now 32, compared to 36 for the whole population, and 75% are 18 or older. Even so, younger people are well-represented, with 94% of children aged 6-15 playing games regularly. 95% of Australian homes have at least one device used for playing games.

But yeah, Im making it all up…:roll_eyes:

Women now make up 47% of gamers, which goes some way toward explaining why the ways in which women are depicted in games has become such a talked about issue. This is up from about 38% in 2005, a sharp increase.

https://www.minervacollege.edu.au/new-blog/numbers-add-up-on-gaming-in-australia

Nearly 70 per cent of Australians play video games, nearly half of those are female and the average age of a gamer is 33.

Those are just some of the stats recently released in Digital Australia 2016, an empirical study about digital games in Australian households with a focus on demographics, behaviours and attitudes.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/130552/unmasking_the_avatar_the_.php