8 Million Players

Blizzcon, twitter, pretty much common knowledge, one of the few things we are actually sure about they are doing.

Was almost the first thing they announced in either the Classic panel, or the QnA,edit—ok was announced in the Opening Ceremony.

1 Like

So you sub to WOW but never buy the rest of the game or the current expac.

No I dont think so.

Yup, if you buy a sub to WoW you can play everything up to LEgion without buying anything. Gimme a sec I can google that for you.

yah check this out

htt ps://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-subscription

They did change all of that this year though.

Subscribe and join the adventure

Get access to World of Warcraft® and every expansion through Legion™ with your subscription—no additional purchase required. Begin your journey today and play up to level 110 through six expansions of adventure!

You’d think you could link to the official store…

2 Likes

They’ve just recently changed it. Like with the release of BfA I believe. They eliminated the concept of the battle chest, and now you just purchase a sub and level up or live in the sub-110 content. And buy BfA if wanted.

The starter edition game time stuff you quoted is a different option.

1 Like

That explains it then.

Thanks.

yah it was one of those things that was pretty easy to miss unless you were looking for it.

1 Like

Nobody really cares what you think.

15 dollars is all you need to play Classic!!

Thanks Studmuffyn.

Youd think they would make it clearer…

Nobody really cares what you think.

…if you say so…

Well they kind of advertised it, but as a current sub anyway, it wasn’t something Im sure most paid attention to, it wasn’t like huge news really, its like when my cable company bumps up my download speed and I don’t notice it unless I look at my bill breakdown.

Well this is actually something that some could have missed if they were not around when they were announcing the change, it was a decent departure from what they have done for years, but its a good change for an old game.

It’s something that two seconds of a google search could have resolved, but instead he just wanted to argue out of ignorance.

nope the sub numbers will be lower when the china ban happens…yes wow and 2 other blizzard games are on the list of games to ban in china.

classic wow will be wows and bfa’s only saving grace.

China numbers aren’t factored into that 12 million. That is US and Europe.

Hell imagine the numbers that will come from Korea. I imagine they favor classic and the 2 expansions that followed over retail any day.

He didn’t miss it. Aehl is a wall of no troll. He has stated a few times he has no interest in Classic, and he has made that well known, now, and over the years, so it’s pretty audacious for him to take a stance about something we all know is true.

I wouldn’t get all cuddly with him if I were you because he is just a :snake: in the grass.

1 Like

Its petty, but Im still entertained by the super salty “Wall of No” people that swore classic would never happen, and are now clearly mad that its coming; meanwhile everyone across gaming websites, and social media including Twitch and Youtube are ranting about how terrible BFA/Retail is right now.

They are absolutely furious with the state of Live, and pissed off that the Classic community is getting what they want. It’s schadenfreude of the highest degree.

2 Likes

meh everyone can make a mistake, no bigs:O)

8 million people don’t play wow tho.

1 Like

A majority of the 12 million quit this game because of the direction that it went and all of the changes that were made.

1 Like

We don’t know if it will become mainstream after launch if they reach and sustain even 1m players I would consider that pretty damn mainstream for the all but dead pay to play mmo market wouldn’t you?

All those marketeers pushing retro didnt know if they would become mainstream but they did because they took the risk thats how trends start they dont start if you never try.