8 day Suspension for sitting in Drek's Room

Yeah I see your point. I was only in there to farm up some honor for the bracers, since they are technically best in slot for tanking.

I guess the play is to just stick with the mass and suicide run into the horde to “stay active”?

2 Likes

Well…just sitting in Drek’s room the whole time isn’t really in the spirit of a BG lol. It’s not much better than fishing, when fishing was allowed.

1 Like

Understood. Reading comprehension is not something Bearhands can grasp.

Thank you!

1 Like

get owned.

as opposed to sitting AFK on the mount (ally) or stare at Van (horde). nice logic

Well the hill isn’t going to defend itself!

1 Like

so, in your mind, bum rushing the boss room to sit outside (ally) or stare at the main boss (horde) for 10 min is the correct way to play AV as opposed to playing defense or sitting in drek’s room (horde) or van’s room(ally) to cyclone the opposing tank (also known as “AFKing” for anyone who rushes boss who then report people south. great logic, fantastic gameplay. this is exactly what pvp should be about!

Here’s a thought:
Instead of mass report=auto ban how about mass report=afk debuff where players have X amount of time to engage in pvp combat or be removed from the game and get the Deserter debuff. Instead of, i dono, pissing off players who pay to play the game and are forced to do content they dont enjoy to be optimal in content they do enjoy and then get penalized because others think they have the right to dictate how that player should spend their time?

3 Likes

The more perplexing thing is the few who’ve responded with, “wow that’s so stupid you got banned for that” or whatever.

I feel like I’m in bizarro world.

1 Like

AFKers in BGs are just as toxic as everything you just mentioned. Well deserved ban here, don’t afk or don’t queue.

3 Likes

i feel this haha. big time.

1 Like

No one is dictating how you should spend your time, you’re just wasting everyone else in the BG. There’s a Blue post in another forum about this topic. It’s not just automated, the reports automate a flag on your account, but someone in the “hacks team” actually goes through and checks after your account is flagged. And it has nothing to do with getting or not getting the deserter buff, or by getting back into combat before you’re kicked. It wasn’t just one match either, it would of been you consistently AFKing.

2 Likes

testing testing

You’re sitting in one place all game mostly AFK to do one thing that may or may not be helpful, I’m glad you got banned. :clown_face:

5 Likes

Also suspended for playing objectives! What’s worse, all the honor ground over the season gets removed. You got much bigger problems in the hundreds of thousands of gold being traded from bots than penalizing people for playing the game.

1 Like

If you afk you actively harm other players. Bots passively harm players.

1 Like

I’m not likely to be reported if I’m waiting to attack the boss. Trying to solo defend your side’s boss from the opposing team isn’t helpful.

Not sure how many times people have to post youtube vids of instant automated bans if you get mass reported. How many GM’s do you think actually work at Blizzard now? Especially given that they cut their staff every 3 years or so.

1 Like

So many people here are missing the point. I’m not actually afk for 1. I’m cycloning the opposing tank to cause a wipe to give more time for my team to actually kill the boss and win. This is a factor to consider when the whole of AV is who can kill the boss the fastest.

People really think that blizzard combs through these reports so lets do a little math:
Ironforge reports a total of 325,155 players.
Let’s assume half of those are alts: 325,155/2=162,577
Lets divide those by half again for EU v US: 162,577/2=81,288
Let’s assume only half of those players submit at least 1 report per day (suuure) : 81,288/2=40644
Let’s assume an automated system is in place to filter reports that don’t meet a certain quota (not enough reports submitted for that player) and that the system is able to filter 9/10 of those reports so only 1 is actually submitted: 40644/10=4,064
Lets say blizzard has a dedicated staff of 40 people per region who go through these reports everyday and implement appropriate action against those accounts: 4,064/40=101

That is 101 reports per employee per day.
Lets say the average workday is 8 hours with a 1 hour break (lunch + breaks + bathroom)
That leaves 7 hours or 420 minutes in the day. Each employee would only be able to get through .2 or 1/5th of 1 report per minute to meet that quota. That’s like having 1 minute to complete a 10 question quiz and scoring 20%.

There are a lot of assumptions in this though.
First- that only half of the reported players are individual players
Second- that only half of those players submit 1 report per day
Third- that blizzard has a staff of 40 people/day (early/night shift) whos only job is to sort through the NA reports and 40 for the EU reports.
Fourth-that only 1 in 10 reports per day make it passed the system and are submitted to the staff for review

But yeah, go ahead and keep believing real people are combing through the reports and submitting suspensions/bans. Even the forum’s silence system is automated. Blizzard doesn’t even have the staff to ban the bots/boosters/gold sellers and obvious exploiters but they have the staff to manually sort through player reports.

Yes, AFK in a BG is annoying. I’ve been in BGs where I’ve played the BG and lost because half my team is AFK. I’ve also been the AFK person when I’m trying to grind honor for gear I need to be optimal in PvE content but I don’t want to PvP. Both suck. But an automated mass report+ban system is just terrible. This is even worse when it is a full ban/suspension from all activities. If you want to punish players for not playing the game how you want them to play it, then implement a system that prevents that player from engaging in that content for a certain period of time. Instead of a week account suspension, give a week long deserter debuff. I’ve come across plenty of players who just straight up quit after receiving a ban from being mass reported. Mass reporting+auto ban isn’t healthy for the longevity of the game. 1-players have a week of not playing to decide whether or not to continue there subscription. 2-players come back to have all there grinds reverted and are faced with having to repeat the process. Bet some players see this, feel the burnout and just quit. 3- blizzard loses more subs

“Mass reporting+auto ban isn’t healthy for the longevity of the game.” HAHAHAHa, I’ve lost my mind. I can’t believe I typed that out.

TLDR: Private servers are going to come back with a vengeance because of the colossal amount of mistakes and missteps blizzard keeps making in both classic and retail. I don’t think even Microsoft can save WoW at this point

That’s a min maxing you problem. All PVE content can be done without ever stepping foot in a single BG.

1 Like

I was kind of with you enough that I didn’t respond to the OP as I’ve heard of some weird stuff with suspensions, then I saw this:

So I don’t know anymore, if you did that any time within the last month or so maybe it wasn’t your cyclone defense.

I’ve done the defend thing, recapping towers when the defender is sitting there AFK is pretty fun. I’m often worried about my account getting suspended even though I always play hard all the time. So if that did happen to you that sucks.

The problem is that people being suspended from just BGs/PVP won’t deter them, as they don’t want to be there anyway. Having to explain to the guild that they can’t show for the raid is much more likely to.

The deserter debuff was not working and was not enough. I’m glad they are suspending more often, things were VERY bad in BGs at TBCC prepatch for example and that really wrecked the game for those who wanted to play, it’s bad enough now but it was worse. People do quit the game but I’d rather an AFKer quit than a guy who wants to do well and quits the game because the BGs suck due to many others AFKing and not trying, and yes defending is trying don’t get me wrong there.