8 day Suspension for sitting in Drek's Room

Yall really handing out 8 day suspensions right before P3 release because I sat in Drek’s room during AV honor weekend?!
Okay, I get it. AFKing in BGs is bad, (even though I’m a druid and cyclone the tank in AV to prevent Alliance winning) but 8 days is a bit much don’t you think?
A warning, a few hours, hell even a day is enough to get the point across. 8 days is extreme for going “AFK” in a BG.
This mass report=instant suspension/ban stuff has to go. If you’re going to ban/suspend people, have a human review the issue instead of suspending anyone who gets mass reported. You’re just promoting griefing

23 Likes

Agree on this. On my druid I love to cyclone the alliance tank and it helps us win but I always feel I’m running the risk of the ban hammer because people mass report anyone they see south (for horde).

9 Likes

I been trying to warn people to always pad the damage/heal logs. Don’t sit on defense if it doesn’t get you any action. The monkeys that look at these cases just hand out suspensions willy nilly and wipe your honor as well. I’m glad you’re exposing this, and hope people keep doing it. It needs as much light shined on it as we can give it. It’s despicable and disgusting. You’ll get hit for 8d for doing nothing wrong, robbed of all your honor, then left to rot by support.

“they can’t put a SINGLE intern to just stand outside of SP and do something about the hundred of rogue and mage bots running in and out of the portal.”
-There’s a bot on my realm that’s been farming stuff for all of crusade. It has the most obvious of robotic pathing. I’ve repeatedly reported the guy in 3 or 4 different months. He’s still there, doing it as usual. If anyone took 30s to look at the guy, they’d know it is 100% obviously a bot. Similarly, if they bothered to look at the people they wildly suspend from BGs, they’d realize these people aren’t doing anything wrong.

“Agreed I’m glad he is warning people you will get banned for watching things on a 2nd monitor instead of playing the game.”
-I would agree you should not splice in parts of my post with your unrelated one.

“Dont disrupt others play experience because you dont want to grind.”
-This has nothing to do with anything I said, just like before.

“Or you can not act like its blizzard incompetency that results in AFK’ers being banned lol.”
-We all know that not everyone suspended actually deserves it while plenty of others do but never get hit, as I pointed out. Even if you did idle leech matches, 8 days plus honor wipe is ridiculous. If you really want to swallow your blue pills, bury your head in the sand, and pretend everything is fine, you do that. But one day when you get hit, you’ll wake up. This will be my last response to your trolling rubbish.

17 Likes

Honestly question why you all continue to feed time into this absolute trash system.

11 Likes

because the honor grind isn’t broken already. take away my honor because i was “afk” in av when i was cycloning the opposing tank. meanwhile they can’t put a SINGLE intern to just stand outside of SP and do something about the hundred of rogue and mage bots running in and out of the portal.

Blizzard, just remove the mass report=insta ban system. Its beyond flawed. If you can’t take the time to properly ban people then just don’t do it. This system is just rife with exploitations and abuse!

9 Likes

i’m not convinced its a person doing the banning. 100% its automated mass reporting ban. you hit a certain quota of being mass reported=ban. this is why the system is flawed. AV weekend has the highest honor per hour. if you’re farming honor, you’re grinding AV weekend. it also leads to dozens of people reporting people for being AFK because they aren’t playing the BG “correctly” (basically anyone south of Van if you’re horde).

Explains the lack of bans for the obvious bots. Not enough people report them to meet the quota. The bots for SP run in and out before you can really do anything. A human just standing outside SP for half an hour would notice the obvious bots. An automated system wont because the quota isnt being reported.

This system is broken. I’m going to finish playing with friends for TBC cause i’m already invested but if you think you’re getting more money outta me after TBC for this sad excuse. blatantly obvious you don’t give a crap about the players.

6 Likes

I’m sure the other 99.9% of the match you were not casting cyclone was very helpful to your team, and no 8 days is a deterrent stop AFKing in battlegrounds.

21 Likes

Agreed I’m glad he is warning people you will get banned for watching things on a 2nd monitor instead of playing the game.

Dont disrupt others play experience because you dont want to grind.

9 Likes

REEEE how dare you not play the game YOU’RE paying for the way I want you to! REEEE

6 Likes

If you are doing group content, then you need to conform to what the group wants.

8 Likes

They really ban you for that? Some of the most fun I had in Wrath was shadowmelding with Vann with my DK and then death gripping horde who peak around the corner. Nice to know I’ll get flagged and banned doing that these days.

5 Likes

This implies that Horde were actually there while you sat there.

Many folks go right to their throne room at the start and come back to jump once in a while.

3 Likes

Or you can not act like its blizzard incompetency that results in AFK’ers being banned lol.

You know it could be these people are trying to do the least amount of effort to reap the same rewards as others in the battleground…hmmmm…

1 Like

It’s funny how you think this is an automated ban due to mass reports and not a calculated move by Blizzard.

Pretty sure you not being able to participate in the first week of a new season and essentially being behind everyone else right out the gate gets the point across more than a warning or several hour suspension would of.

Turns out your inaction has consequences too.

4 Likes

They try to justify it with being a “Call out” so they arent reported for AFKing in the base from the 1st minute of the game.

ahahaha…as if the battleground didnt have NPCs that yelled when being engaged…

1 Like

You made a forum post because you got banned for something people are known to get banned doing.

Stay mad…and banned lol.

8 Likes

I can agree with this. Personally I’m afraid to queue for AV because I always enjoyed playing defense and harassing the other team while they try to pull the boss. Not gonna risk a week off my raid progression because some bad apples can’t handle a dip in their honor per hour.

You can tell OP is right by the amount of contrarian posting going on in this thread.

4 Likes

Maybe? Maybe not?

Regardless… I’d never post a thread if I got a time-out - deserved or not. That’s juat asking for it.

2 Likes

Cauchy you aren’t that bad of a contrarian tbh. It was directed towards the tauren who’s been bumping the thread with low effort trolling.

My friend got banned for the same thing. It’s hilarious because the team hates when it happens to them (getting cloned / griefed when pulling vann/drek) but report their own team for doing it or even for defending bunkers. The meta now is to just run north and afk at Vann, it’s what most of the team does and no one reports you if you’re north.

4 Likes