8.3 Story Discussion (SPOILERS, Y'ALL)

So we all die and go to Shadowlands? Is that what you are hinting at? <.<

Pull the trigger, MOTHER.

1 Like

nah brann and wrathion are gonna find some way to calibrate the forge so that reorigination won’t wipe out organic life, but activating it will still change the face of azeroth thus world revamp

Say sike right now.

i am so, so sorry

1 Like

I’m kind of excited to finally get into the Black Empire stuff. While never executed like it should be, old god aesthetic is still a lot more interesting to me than a lot of things in the lore. The Black Empire architecture, the writhing hellscapes of tendrils and flesh, there’s a lot to love for a fan of eldrich horror, at least aesthetically.

That, and over the years, they’ve gradually gotten better at the aesthetic. The colors and imagery, while it can never be too excessive due to the game’s rating, comes close enough to ‘unsettling’ to be acceptable for a game like WoW. Now if only the writing could match.

To clarify, I’m talking more like things such as the maw that swallows us in the Shrine of Storms raid, the visions you get when inside the realm on the penultimate Eternal Palace boss, N’zoth waking, etc.

2 Likes

That sinking feeling when you suddenly realize that Calia is going to be “the Bright Lady” :confounded:

1 Like

Yeah, that part is pretty awful.

YEEEEE!!! BFA is finally going to redeem itself!!!

1 Like

N’zoth is so strong his nightmares reach us out of game.

Father of sleep? I have no idea who this could be…Malfurion? He sleeps alot. Is Nomi making him a banquet?

Calia I suppose but could it be Anduin? Lorderon is vacant but full of farts…could it be alliance reclaiming Stromgarde (again?)?

No clue with this one. Female mistress with underlings trying to earn her favor. Raven symbolism. There’s the raven priests that were part of the Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught.

It’s not Alextrasza …her eyes are yellow as are Eonar’s. A vassal is a subordinate (or holder of land). Subordinate of life disguises. Perhaps someone under them? No clue

Please don’t tell me Ragnaros is coming back.

I don’t know of any queens that are blind but we have Queen Azshara, Banshee Queen Sylvanas, Queen Lianne (Arthas’ mother), and Azhuul’Mehab a nerubian queen which fits being “from the deep”

No clue. When I think of “cunning ones” I think rogues. No idea on the six masters but only one deal.

The Father of Sleep is N’zoth. He’s the Sleeper and the Dreamer and etc. Ny’alotha is the Sleeping City and all that.

It resets Azeroth to it’s factory settings. Its a de-cataclysm! The next expansion is just our characters waking up in classic.

4 Likes

Does that mean any non-classic race gets poofed?

God I hope so.

do you really want to see draenei erased yet again

Oh yeah, duh. So obviously he is going to (hopefully) win in some way in the end but still be defeated.

Edit: Who am I kidding we fill him up with our bling bling necklaces’ azeroth juice and he explodes like the overly hefty man in Monty Python.

Please delete me Blizzard, it’s the only way you can save WoW

1 Like

On the subject of the Engine being used to do a hard reset of the world, I -actually- kind of…really love the idea? I mean, obviously it won’t reset story elements or time and stuff, but it will do things like repair land masses affected by corruption, the cataclysm, hell even the plaguelands. It might even restore Teldrassil. Yeah yeah, I know what’s coming with this, ‘what so the crimes of the Horde can be swept under the rug’, save this for another thread honestly cuz otherwise it’ll consume this entire thread, but I doubt it’ll bring back the lives lost in the fire anyway.

They might use it to completely redefine some zones thematically, redo others, etc. New old-world explained through story again. And a moment of silence for the guy who was fishing in lava in the barrens when the wound closed.

Honestly, I’m all on board with just saying ‘eff it’ and creating a crazy means of old world revamp like this.

1 Like

I’m gonna gamble and say the Nine Ravens bit refers to either Tyrande or Sylvanas.