8.3 PTR Datamining SPOILERS

My capacity for disappointment is fortunately endless. Perks of insanity.

3 Likes

Can’t be disappointed when you’re dead inside.

Faelinthia also sends her love.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/586746407604715562/631008274598068225/fae_love.png

2 Likes

Well that’s definitely nicer than the last thing that was said to me on that discord.

Hello to you too Faelinthia.

2 Likes

Said person also wants to apologize to you.

I’m not comfortable going back there. Someone in the lounge said that kind of stuff is condoned on the discord so why would I?

1 Like

Best. Patch. Ever.

At the behest of Prince Erazmin, it is my privilege to be able to announce the ruler of an undivided gnomekind–Gelbin Mekkatorque, King of the Gnomes!

So the gnomes are uniting under Mekkatorque.

Really?

I mean, I don’t hate the idea. But Erazmin is actually kinda fun and I’d hate to see him get sidelined for Mekkatorque.

EDIT: Actually, does this mean Mechagon is the new Gnome capital!? That’s hype!

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be, though I like the idea.

Now that I’m thinking about it the Mechagnomes could be a big help to the gnomes in completely retaking/fixing up Gnomeregan. I’d say it’s about time they got the entire thing back and Gnomer got a rework as a dungeon in some way.

2 Likes

Interesting. It actually looks like a pretty good Gnome centered recruitment quest. Ugh 
 that makes me even less thrilled with Gallywix remaining our friggen Racial Leader. I wonder who is going to be recruiting the Vulpera? Will it be the Zandalari, because it sure as hell doesn’t make sense for my PC race to do it with Gallywix at the helm.

PleasebeJiPleasebeJiPleasebeJi!

Ji Firepaw, Ambassador extraordinaire!

Other than that only Talanji really works. Maybe Gazlowe.

EDIT: Maybe Gallywix doing community service after the heritage quest?

2 Likes

I always kind of felt the same way about Sylvanas.

It was always weird to me when I was new to the franchise that 99.9% of Forsaken are hunched over zombies with exposed bones and missing facial features (or various ghouls and ghasts), but their leader is a perfectly preserved High Elf with permanent mascara and a bare midriff. Calia, and her perfectly porcelain features and strategically placed boob window is just more of the same.

I’d prefer to see the Forsaken be led by someone who really understands being judged at first glance as an abomination.

3 Likes

I’ve seen nothing definite but I’ve heard rumors that the Vulpera actually approach us instead of us reaching out to them and that Baine is involved in some manner.

well atleast Voss seems to be the leader, Calia and Derek are simply just there to help the forsaken for some reason. Atleast they have ended up with more name champions they they started with even if some of them do leave alliance. Likely even end up with Delyarn on team forsaken.

I must have Bug’thulu

2 Likes

Here is my bet. The alliance will do something mean.

How do the gnomes feel about their democracy being replaced by a monarchy? Led by the guy who was duped into nuking their capitol and killing most of them?

2 Likes

Gnome opinions from that same Wowhead article:

There is nothing Mekkatorque would not do to help a fellow gnome. His loyalty is to us first, the Alliance second... as it should be.

Why, Gelbin, he is the most magnanimous, big-hearted, big-brained, big-eared man to wear the heavy mantle of leading us wily gnomefolk.
    He listens and shares ideas from his prolific mind. He can untangle a mess that seems insurmountable, without losing his cool.
    Mekkatorque’s trust brings confidence. I don’t know how to explain it better. When he tells me I can do a thing
 you know what? I realize I can!
    Gelbin is the greatest inventor! You need no other information!
    Gelbin creates things that make the world better. He keeps us moving, he keeps us safe. No one can look through the gnomes with Mekkatorque before us.

4 Likes

So with Mechagon joining the Alliance, this means we finally have troll and gnome cities!

just not of the original troll and gnome races. And also the gnomes’ isn’t a full fledge city.

But lorewise!

Also, I’m kinda glad the new Allied races still go divided by Zandalar and Kul Tiras. It strengthens the faction’s presence on those islands further.

Races can recruit themselves. After all, most of the Alliance allied races technically approached the Alliance first; Alleria, Turalyon and Moira.

2 Likes

Yeah, there was some broadcast text about not being able to do
 something with the Vulpera because of the increased naga attacks being a problem or something like that. The Vulpera go and help them without being asked and Baine admits them to the Horde because of something.

(I’m in the middle of a game or I’d go and find the broadcast text to find the lines)