8.3 PTR Datamining SPOILERS

~https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1181347172777902080

Here Marlamin talks about the VO for Darion.

Interesting. Sylvanas says “enough reflection” in the loyalist ending.

Its a good line, and they are sisters. But it strikes me as curious.

4 Likes

I hope they’re better than Dishonored’s attempt at corrupted bone charms. Those drawbacks were too terrible to make them worth using.

sylvanas falls down defeated at the feet of tyrande “but remember… the hunter is nothing without the hunt”

3 Likes

a 2% increase in healing and dps is pretty decent, if not a tad boring.

Yeah but Dishonored’s ones had great effects too but the drawback for using them was so ridiculous it wasn’t worth it. Hence my concern this’ll be the same. Like, for example, Still Fade would make you invisible while motionless in stealth mode but when you move you’re a lot louder and spotted easier. I get the need for a drawback but it can’t outweigh the boon it’s providing.

You would think that given their history in the blood of the highborne short book. But ah well

Could’ve sworn I saw dataminded dialogue between Ra and MOTHER. So Ra-den doesn’t get all old goddy at the start of the story.

You did.

It remains to be seen if he’s already corrupted in secret and is sabotaging us, or if he gets corrupted during the story.

Exactly. The circle of stars didn’t turn out to be a literal circle of stars, but it was referring to the titan pillars holding the Chains that were keeping N’zoth imprisoned.

1 Like

Honestly, I wouldn’t like it if Ra-den willingly sided with N’zoth, since he did warn us about the true darkness beneath Pandaria (Y’shaarj) after we knocked some sense into him.

However I’m not 100% convinced we would see him becoming a minion of n’zoth. We didn’t see how Ysondre got corrupted by the nightmare again during Legion, however we did see how Ursoc (guardian druid artficat chain) and Cenarius (Val’sharah story line) got corrupted by the nightmare. Ysondre just shows up already corrupted with little to no reason as to why, considering she went into exile following the death of Taerer.

CALLED IT.

Could I be POSSIBLY MORE SMUG than I was for 8.2.5? It appears I can be.

It could be one of the Visions of N’zoth. Nyalotha seems to be an plane of existence rather than a specific place. There is a corrupted Aleria in the corrupted Stormwind Vision.

The description makes me think it’s the current Ra-den;

• Ra-den the Despoiled: Deep within the Black Empire, the Keeper’s fate is revealed. Now corrupted by N’Zoth, Ra-Den works to make his master’s vision of the Black Empire a reality.

I think we’re going to fight alongside Ra-den, then he gets captured and we discover what happened to him in the raid where he serves as a boss.

1 Like

Called what? You should be more specific given the amount of things being discussed/linked here.

Calia and Derek going Forsaken. Just need Tyande and her beliefs to get villianized to canonize Anduin’s Clean Wehrmacht take on Horde war crimes to reach maximum smugness.

God this story is such hot garbage.

6 Likes

Yeah I unfortunately have to concede I was very wrong about the direction they were going with them. It really is as sucky as Forsaken fans feared.

8 Likes

welcome to the horde! ( I think i’ve said this before)
where we had 3 leaderless factions for almost 3 entires expansions!
if you can be kind, take a seat and wait for a moment, we’ll be calling you by name and number!

Get ready, Night elves are the next race to be further desecrated for this twisted “story” point.

I don’t see God-Emperor Wrynn stepping down. He is after all the MC.

1 Like