8.3 PTR Datamining SPOILERS

I wonder if Xal’atath is actually a blade of Death that was corrupted by the Old Gods. That may be why it can actually kill N’zoth.

The questline is strangely contradictory in its message I feel, as it devotes all its time exploring the Worgen aspect of the race but coming away with the conclusion that Gilneas is not defined by being Worgen, but by the resilience of its people.

And while that’s certainly nice for some people who value the Gilnean aspect of the race, I still find myself feeling like it was a waste to devote so much of the story to the Worgen aspect only to say the Worgen aspect is not what defines the race. Personally, I would have preferred both aspects to be resolved as being complimentary to each other while still maintaining the drawbacks of the curse, but the sheer resilience and strength of the Gilnean people to never give up and never back down is what helps them control it and puts them back in a more strengthened position to help the Alliance in the next expansion.

7 Likes

Going off of scraps of information, the Defias have become the Defias Company and operate out of Old Town? Vanessa is there anywho.

I also can’t tell if Mathias and Valeera are hitting on one another or not, I’m kinda bad at this stuff.

EDIT someone on discord suggested he referring to Wyrmbane? I dunno, were there any hints Mathias was crushing on anyone?

The death of N’Zoth has replaced his Whispers with new voices in Alleria’s head. It seems it was N’Zoth that was Whispering how Sylvanas serves the true enemy…

Ebonhorn : Wrathion. How did you know that I had begun to hear N’Zoth’s whispers?
Wrathion : One of my agents was watching over you. I knew that if you left the protection of Highmountain, you would become… vulnerable.
Ebonhorn : I did not realize you had such personal concern for my well-being.
Wrathion : Of course. You are my brother. The only one I have.

Aww

What’s the best part about joining the Horde? We finally get revenge on Gilneas for all those fox hunts!

At long last Gilneas will be held for their crimes.

18 Likes

Those valiant foxes and sheep were still bravely defending the kingdom as we were huddling up underneath a tree… we should have paid them more respect for their services.

1 Like

I am Thrilled that Azshara is more complex than just a Big Bad’s lacky . But Tyrande’s comment about Elune abandoning them makes zero sense.

Elune plunged Darkshore into eternal Night and made you the Avatar of vengeance… that’s the opposite of abandonment…

5 Likes

I love the N’zoth stuff, I hate all of the current cast of characters in the Horde and Alliance except ironically Tyrande who is the only one behaving rationally.

I’m now Team Tyrande, here’s hoping she kills everyone :cocktail:

12 Likes

Well if this is 8.3 i sm done not rebewing sub woo

The Fate of the Horde leadership wowhead article was updated. And it looks Lor’themar x Thalyssra is a thing.

Lor’themar: Thank you again for leading our forces in Nazjatar alongside me, Thalyssra. Your insight and courage were key to our victory.
First Arcanist: It was an honor, Lor’themar. I am relieved the war is finally over. Now you have no excuse to refuse my invitation to visit Suramar.
Lor’themar: Well, uh… I have been away from Silvermoon for some time. No doubt my people require–
First Arcanist: Halduron has assured me that Quel’Thalas is quite secure. And Rommath said that if you put up a fuss, he will teleport you to the Nighthold himself.
Lor’themar: It seems my closest allies are conspiring against me!
First Arcanist: Would it really take a conspiracy for you to spend time alone with me?
Lor’themar: No, my lady. It would be my pleasure.
First Arcanist: A suitably chivalrous answer, Regent Lord. There may be hope for you yet! Perhaps I can even teach you to relish the… simpler joys of life.
Lor’themar: Perhaps you can, First Arcanist. Perhaps you can.
First Arcanist: I will accept, if you will stand by my side, as counselor… and friend.

24 Likes

Would’ve thought if Lor would get shacked up with anyone it’d be Liadrin, but ah well.

3 Likes

Oh God. I like it but oh God.

6 Likes

This dialogue apparently occurs after N’Zoth is defeated.

High Exarch Turalyon: I thought I’d find you here. It’s a place you often visit when something’s on your mind.
Alleria Windrunner : Perhaps these statues remind me of a… simpler time.
High Exarch Turalyon : So much has happened since our return to Azeroth. The wounding of the world… the war against the Horde…
Alleria Windrunner : War I understand. We both do. But I expected to be fighting with two sisters at my side. Instead, I faced one of them in battle–or at least, what remains of her.
High Exarch Turalyon : Has the downfall of the Old God brought you at least a measure of peace?
Alleria Windrunner : The whispers did not end with his defeat. In fact, it seems new voices have joined the chorus. When I think of the nightmares he forced into my mind…
High Exarch Turalyon : I witnessed them, too. But they didn’t shake my faith in you. Not for a moment.
Alleria Windrunner : Nor mine for you, my love. Enough reflection. We have a job to do–hunt down Sylvanas… and make her pay.

Based on this and Tyrande’s line it looks like the Hunt for Sylvanas will be the story hook to lead into the next expansion.

4 Likes

As long as Sylvanas remains dead and buried at the end of I’ll be happy!

2 Likes

The whispers changed to new ones with N’Zoth’s death… N’Zoth was merely a buffer between us and what really lurks in the Void…

As Herald Volazj says: “Gaze into the void. It is the perpetuity in which they dwell.”

Yogg-Saron said: “They are coming for you.” The Plague Lord of Death in Hearthstone says: “It is coming for you.”

“They” have been changed to “It” yet is still in large numbers… Death lurks in the Void…

As https://wow.gamepedia.com/Gloomseeker_Yarga says: “There are many things darker than night.”

N’Zoth was a force for Night yet the other forces in the Void are now coming with N’Zoth’s removal.

I could die happy if Blizzard stopped trying to add relationships into this game.

But we need relationships to produce a next generation!

Also cause relationships can make for good storytelling from time to time, just don’t overly focus on it.

We don’t need to see characters court one another. Just drop a few hints and hook them up.