8.3 in 2020 is terrible

Can they even do that, considering a preorder bonus for people who made a purchase is included in that patch? I mean it just doesnt make any sense. Preorder now, and get…nothing at all for months. Preorder next year and get to use your preorder bonus right away…huh?
As a buyer i feel cheated specially considering that the blue post saying 8.3 would only come next year happened after I had already preordered.
Holidays are when I enjoy my family, sure, but also when Im home from work and have free time to enjoy content. I’ve said it before, delay the raid if you must, but not the entire patch, there’s an allied race that people been waiting since 2018 to play

17 Likes

Well they also announced new Allied Races (Zandalari / Kul’tirans) as the prime way to make me play BFA 1 year after they were announced we finally get to play them and such a disappointment at that. Also with flying it was almost 15 months after release then they shoe in another criteria of unlocking flying by getting reputation for two new zones.

Ok boomers.

10 Likes

Blizz workers watching Mandalorian. Ain’t no one got time for WoW until 2020.

3 Likes

Considering Demon Hunters “early access” was a week or so before Legion came out, having Allied Race Death Knights available in the NEXT patch is a lot better than waiting for just before Shadowlands come out. We’re also getting an 8.3.5 too then possibly 6-8 months before the actual expansion release, waiting 2-3 months doesn’t sound so bad.

5 Likes

I wish they released the Mechagnomes, Vulpera and new Heritage armors earlier

8 Likes

Such a dramatic take. 8.3 being released in 2020 isn’t like they’re going to release it in 6 months, it’s mid-November.

They’re never going to release a content patch just before the holidays roll around, especially not when it contains big systems like Corruptforging which have barely been iterated on.

6 Likes

I just got exalted with Rustbolt… After I find a way into the mythic dungeon I’ll likely cancel my sub for December and come back for 8.3

Right now, I don’t even have the urge to 8.3… not with Shadowlands looming in the same year. Gearing up just to get some better greens a few months later sounds a bit too similar to Naxxramas launching too close to TBC.

2 Likes

You know that free time you love over the holidays to spend time with family? Blizzard employees deserve that time too. Tickets come in en masse every time they release a huge content patch. This is not a new thing, they’ve done this in previous expansions as well.

Just think of the employees as human beings, and that they appreciate that time as well.

14 Likes

A preorder bonus is a bonus you get for ordering something before it is released.

Is 8.3 coming out before Shadowlands is released? Yes? Then congrats on getting your preorder bonus!

2 Likes

I mean, 8.3 is going to be in January, and I’d be surprised if Shadowlands is any earlier than September or October.

That would be fine then for sure.

Really is any one surprised 8.3 is not coming out until 2020 ?

Not like it’s a full year away . Come on it’s only 2 months and it makes sense that they would wait until after the holidays with people being away from the game a lot during that time period.

it means they got nothing else planned imo 8.3 then pre patch.

I don’t recall them ever releasomg a raid over the holidays. I could be wrong on that, but its always been a sort of down time for them and relaxed time for raiders.

1 Like

Gotta keep in mind that patch pacing is based almost entirely around the raids.

For example, I’d expect 8.3 either on the 7th or 14th of Jan. Nya’lotha (the raid) will be out on either the 28th or the 5th (of Feb).

From there, we can usually estimate that a raid lasts around 6-9 months, often longer for the last raid of the expansion (which Nya’lotha will almost certainly be).

If we say that Nya’lotha lasts for 6, and then we have a month or so of pre-patch (which would make it shorter than most other end-expansions raids), then we’re looking at an early Sep release.

If we say it lasts for 8-9 including prepatch (which isn’t out of the ordinary), we’re looking at an Oct-Nov release.

If they take longer, then Shadowlands will be released during the holiday season, which seems VERY unlikely, and they’re probably not going to push it to a 2021 release date.

1 Like

I really don’t understand their reasoning. If it’s to stop people from being pressured to decide between the raid tier and family/friends… why not just hold off the raid until 2020 and release 8.3 in December? :confused:

They can’t do it in November cause they obviously still need to test the new DK stuff, but December is clearly possible.

3 Likes

They have events, like every year at this time. You also have the anniversary boost to keep you going faster on alts til January 6th, it has never lasted this long.

can we just skip 8.3+ and go straight to 9+?
like i dont think another patch of even worse RNG is worth it… especially when its gonna be an extra long final tier :frowning:

2 Likes

Well… it’s a preorder so…