8.3 in 2020 is terrible

As much as I would love this, I actually want them to flesh this out and do it right this time. If that means a Nov-Dec release I am ok with it.

1 Like

I’m calling it releasing November 10, 2020.

• Alpha in March.

• Beta in April.

• 9.0 Oct 13, 2020.

Patch 8.1 went live on December 11th and the Battle for Dazar’alor went live on January 22nd.

Also, I’m betting that Corruptforging will only become available once the raid comes out anyway.

the expansion launches in december of next year so some time in nov there will be a pre patch.

so from jan 2020 to nov 2020 is 11 months right thats why it was pushed back they have nothing else planned…lol.

they mite have something small for a 8.3.5 but dont expect much this close to pre patch.

There is no confirmed day it just says on or before Dec 31 2020. Like all others they give a tentative date. Some have come out months before that date.

How do you know does your brother’s uncle’s best friend’s cousin work at Blizz ? There will always be something added, not necessarily meaningful. I replied to you whining about nothing til January, and I pointed out events.

I’m not preordering until they announce a new Class.

Guess you aren’t pre-ordering then.

5 Likes

What pre-order bonus do you get? I must’ve missed it.

You get early access to the new allied race DKs in 8.3 if you pre-order Shadowlands.

Oh, thats gross.

Isn’t that generally what “preorder” means?

The point still remains, that 8.2/.5. has been artificially stretched out. They were banking on the release of Classic to provide content just long enough for the blizzcon hype to build.

In the meantime we got a cinematic, and now this anniversary ‘event.’

Ehh Sorta wanted the time to lvl a vulpera or mechagnome. Damnit : / or nightborne dk. They should just delay the raid imo.

if they drop 8.3 in January that will be fine, and it means you do not have buggy stuff all holiday time while their QA teams take the week between Christmas and New Years off to you know have a holiday time.

or if they dropped this month you could be facing from Weds night through sometime the weds after thanksgiving(USA thanksgiving) before any tickets even get looked at. I doubt they have anybody looking at tickets during the thanksgiving weekend or xmas EVE and Day, Well if they still have any soul left as a company they would give those people those two times off at a minimum, Customers would just have to understand that employees deserve the same holidays.

1 Like

If memory serves, Blizzard is legally required to set a date in order to take preorders. “On or before Dec 31, 2020” is corporate lingo for “literally any time in 2020.”

Plenty of companies follow the same cycle:
Announced w/ Dec 31 date -> Date is later refined to the final day of anticipated season (ie, “on or before Sep 20-22” for summer releases) -> Date is later refined to actual launch date

I think the “pre” in pre-order pretty much explains itself. Otherwise it would just be ordering.

Its not illegal to make you wait for something. now if the preorder said play said content the second you buy said preorder then yes that would be illegal but it doesn’t hell they can make 8.3 come out a day before shadowlands launches and its still not illegal.

It’s like 2 months. Go play some other games. That’s what sane people do.

I couldn’t imagine wow being the only game I played.

Steam sales all the time.

1 Like

Yes, yes they can. Sunday is in 3 days.

I just want my KT DK.

Gives me something to level that I’ll actually play at level cap. Keep me busy over the holidays.

Not like most of America gets a lot of time off during Christmas anyhow.

1 Like