8.3 by Jan 7th or 14th

How exactly did this xpac hurt the next? Or perhaps you’re just a hater of things that aren’t exactly what you want.

I am putting my guess on the 14th. I don’t think they would do it RIGHT at the end of the anniversary event, I feel like they would do a one week buffer.

Mind you that is just a gut feeling/guess on my part.

2 Likes

Nothing for me in the patch so no rush.

14th or 21st, leaning towards 14th though

I would prefer that they release things when they are ready, even if it delays Shadowlands into 2021.

1 Like

They did say that they specifically didn’t want to drop it around the holidays so they could be considerate of people’s family plans.

hmm… more time for obtain my AOTC or CE achievement.

1 Like

Nvm, I misread what the post I replied to said.

I still don’t understand this… Most people I know who raid and all that want to raid on the holiday, since they’re off.
I kind of get it, but at the same time I don’t think it actually saves anything.
It would be nice to get the new content for Christmas, imo.

1 Like

AV grinding 10 minute matches and MC… Must be getting boring in classic

2 Likes

Slycooper 10c

Maybe, you should try other video games? been playing Dead Cells alot. and just reinstalled Street Fighter V.

And while you have Christmas dinner with your family make sure you toast to the blizzard employees in the office because you want a patch to release around the holidays which are ALWAYS filled with bugs.

I have not ONCE raided the week of Christmas. Half the roster goes out of town and spends time with their families. Like look at this year where Christmas Eve is on a Tuesday (the most popular raid night from what I observe), 12 out of 25 people are not going to be present with 7 still not able to make the 26th either.

Just because you might not want to spend time with your family doesn’t mean you can speak on behalf of others and in the like 80-ish different people (4+ different rosters) I raided with around Christmas a large enough percentage can’t make the week to the point raid is always canceled.

1 Like

There is a rumor I’ve heard that there are other games and activities to participate in than a singular WoW video game.

Blizzard is not a charity. Oh, didn’t half you people know that?

They don’t actually make this game and provide the service out of the kindness of their hearts.

Most workplaces operate throughout Christmas on all days except 24-26 and New Year’s Day.

If the server goes down for some reason on 25th, I wouldn’t complain. If it goes down on 27th I expect at least a skeleton crew of people in the office to do something about it.

Patches are never catastrophically bugged-- and that’s because they spend months in the oven on the PTR. If the patch was released in a sensible timeframe, say two weeks ago, we would’ve already had time to iron out issues.

The real reason - it seems pretty likely to me - is they are simply continuing to stretch the content out as much as they can because they know no more is forthcoming until 9.0. I mean looking at the wasteland that is 8.3, will there even be a 8.3.5?

1 Like

I think jan 7th is a good bet. 14th is pbbly the latest.

Im hoping it will release on one of those two dates. But the fact that we still havent been told when and we have the release date for war3 reforged of january 28th has me a bit concerned. Hopefully we hear about a release date for 8.3 soon.

I don’t care when it comes out so long as it’s “finished” when it is.

they are gonna be so far behind and thats gonna hurt shadowlands release date

dont care, as long as its done right I am happy to wait