8.3: Battlefield: Mulgore

I came back for legion i actully really did like legion. And i mean at this point you could unsub depening on how long you have left sounds like you hate the story enough to just watch the dumpster burn from a distance ESO and TERA are more fun in my experiance.

If your standard for payoff is the genocide of every Horde race, then you are asking to be evil masquerading as fighting for peace and justice. Real human nations have done worse than what the Horde is done. Yet I doubt you advocate for the obliteration of many human nations.

It wasn’t evil killing Legion or Old Gods.
Why doesn’t the same apply to the Horde?

I mean the Horde is allowed to burn Alliance cities to the ground for supposed threats or injustices. Why am I not allowed the same courtesy?

The Allies bombed Japan and Germany to kingdom come, took all their guilty leaders and hanged them and only then allowed them to keep their country but under strict guidelines.

If you want to bring real world into this.

I wanted to give credit where it was due, since you posted the idea before I could.

Obviously the thread went off in an entirely different direction than what I posted it for, but that kind of thing happens.

They are not afraid to punish the Alliance playerbase.
So why is it punishing the Horde is unthinkable but punishing the Alliance is something that is expected?

To note, while I am dissatisfied with the current state of the story, and even though Hetaera has run away with the thread, I do not support this mentality of wanting WoW to shut down.

1 Like

Baine has -consistently- colluded with the enemy, time and again. What’s amazing is that the Tauren accept him as a leader, still, after all the times he’s sold the horde and them, by proxy, out. This has been a bit of a major point of contention with me, because it’s a major inconsistency.

2 Likes

I’m mostly indifferent, now, but I will admit to a certain… morbid curiousity. I want to see if WoW holds to the pattern of good expac-bad expac-good expac-bad expac. If it does, and if the level of good corresponds to the preceding level of bad, the next expansion should be top tier after this abyssmal dumpster fire.

And if it’s as bad as, or even worse than BfA… Well… It’s not every day you get to watch a game of WoW’s magnitude go belly up.

3 Likes

I thought WoW was done after Warlords of Draenor, then we got Legion.

I also thought Nintendo was done after the GameCube (and I loved the GameCube, but it did not sell well comparatively), and then got the Wii.

And then I thought Nintendo was done after the WiiU, but then we got the Switch.

I’ve learned that pessimism isn’t actually a good forecasting metric.

1 Like

You say the Alliance playerbase is being punished but for what? I say both sides are victims of a crap story. Debbie Does Dallas has a better plot/story than BfA.

You want whole cities destroyed, lore characters killed, leaving the Horde playerbase with nothing. What you want is an entire faction to be eradicated, not just merely punished.

7 Likes

The Horde destroyed 3 Alliance cities so far and one of their own.
Why is it so wrong to expect to get our own chance at destroying some horde stuff rather than once again turn the other cheek?

Is the Horde playerbase somehow levitating above the rest of us so they deserve special treatment?

I think this is a response to the catchphrase that some Horde posters have been posting around here along the lines of “I’m being punished for a decision I made years ago to choose to play the team that the writers are ruining now.” Which could apply to Alliance fans as well.

5 Likes

My great solace among all this nonsense is that there’s about 0 chance these people will get what they want.

Except Horde players.
They pretty much get everything that they want.

Naw, it won’t be in Mulgore. It’d be awkward for Alliance players hunting rares to accidentally fly into an enemy capital city.

It’ll be the Southern Barrens. And it’ll be a warfront, where each faction takes turns fighting Sylvannas’s forces. And there’ll be island expeditions going to Fray Island. And it’ll remain the exact same size it currently is in the game.

1 Like

We could get a little hub on the side like we got for the Crossroads.

What do you mean these people?

2 Likes

When ever a draenie flies, they either forget to gas up their vehicle and leave it hovering lifelessly over Azeroth right before a global conflict starts, or they crash it into a planet. They’ll still somehow fly into Mulgore. And probably think their crash landing means this is their new forever home. And then wonder why their new flight master isn’t letting them fly and instead keeps calling guards on them.

Really, for the draenie’s safety we need to keep them out of zones with enemy capitals.

To be fair, the crashes always seemed to be when Naaru were piloting things.

That just makes it worse. Instead of piloting their own space ships, they hand over the wheels to beings without hands, who seem to have an uncanny tendency to suddenly lose their light and become void creatures who want to eat the souls of everyone nearby, and who clearly prefer to stay in a single place, hovering and making wind chime sounds. Not qualities I look for in a pilot.

3 Likes