8.2 What are you enjoying most?

I finally downloaded it but haven’t logged on yet. I’m just not excited by new no flight areas, world quests and rep grinds. Not even if it gets me flying, because once I get it I’m probably just going to unsub anyway. And I won’t purchase any more expansions if all they consist of are tables, world quests, rep grinds and time gating.

Blizzard needs to show some creativity and give us something new.

8 Likes

The music has been excellent in Battle for Azeroth.

The only thing I can think of you could do better is maybe to have important raid bosses have their own music. For example, the Jaina fight could have had Daughter of the Sea playing, or a remix of some sort.

But again, raiders tend to mute the game to hear Discord so that would be only for LFR.

1 Like

Squeeeee!!! Flying with anti-grav packs!!! Love this!!! Hope this becomes a permanent way to fly!! Or I get the plans!! I also love the new mini games…the runes and the ley lines one! I like the addition of the minigames in general including the shell game…but not the shooting games like the turtles. I like the crab game though.

Mechagon is a lot more fun than Nazjatar. The content is less fun when I feel I HAVE to do it just so I can get my flying back. If I could already fly, and form groups easily, I’d be enjoying it more.

I really don’t understand what you have against flying-it makes me spend more time in the game having fun, instead of logged doing unhappy chores to get to the fun point, and then afterwards loathing the zones that made me feel that way instead of enjoying all they have to offer.

6 Likes

Waiting for all the features they advertised to be released. Time gating is a great way to drag two more weeks of money out of me for something I already bought. Galaxy brain moves.

4 Likes

I suppose this will keep me entertained for the next week or so. It seems that so far the only thing I want is to fly but then it occurred to me …to fly where and to do what? SS, different patch is all.

3 Likes

I like the looks of both places (though I haven’t done Mechagon much yet). I like the music, too. I’ve seen some pretty neat-looking battle pets, but I haven’t tried to capture any yet. My bodyguard does a halfway decent job of drawing aggro–though I still have to kite the bigger things. There seems to be a bit more variety in the quests.

That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I haven’t had time to do much yet.

I’m pretty sure i was there. If it’s the one where we kept targeting jabberwocky the druid.

That really sums up my feelings. If this patch had come 6 months sooner I would have still had alts to level, and flying would have been more relevant. Now I have no reason.

My favorite musical theme so far this expansion is still the one with simple low ominous horns that play in Nazmir. Gives me eargasmic frisson every time. :smiley:

I am enjoying questing in Mechagon quite a bit. Much more than Naj. I also like taking a sidekick around in Naj.

1 Like

That’s encouraging. As someone who perhaps enjoyed Tanaan, Timeless Isle, Thunder Isle, Battlefield Barrens much more than other zones in their expansions (except Dread Wastes which is still one of my favorites), if I can basically wash my hands of the pre-8.2 emissary 8.0 zone extended tours, I will probably be much much happier.

I’m enjoying Mechagon a lot. Naz’jatar is good but I’m holding off on really grinding and rare hunting there until I’ve got flying.

1 Like

I don’t mind poking around in Mechagon a little. As long as I only stay on like an hour it isn’t bad. It’s a fun looking zone for sure.

Also, don’t take this wrong but I feel kind of relieved because I am convinced that either Blizzard is doing something huge to revamp the game or they are letting it die. I know that sounds grim but either way would be better than limping along like we have for most of three expacs.

1 Like

It shows promise – mechagon and nazjatar are both very cool and the amount of effort put into the design shows. It will be a matter of the long-game for me, but for now the thought of the grind for essences and new progression, all the cool new stuff to chase, and looking forward to the new raid and mega dungeon.

3 Likes

the amount of freetime i have waiting for actual content

7 Likes

I enjoyed the jumping jellies quest.

3 Likes

I think the Mechagon music is great. In generally I tend to like the music associated with Gnomes, it matches their unbreakable optimism.

Mechagon in general feels nice. It’s large sandbox of collecting and crafting interesting items. The theme is spot on and it makes me sad knowing that I’ll have to play Alliance to play one of the new Mechagnomes when they inevitably become an allied race.

2 Likes

Finding the cat figurines in various caverns of Nazjatar (though I wonder what the purpose is)

Special mention to the crazy whispers I get with Gift of N’Zoth still on

At this point, I’m mostly looking forward to Classic.

14 Likes