8.2 Spoilers Elven Sass

In the MMO Champion datamined text, I found the below which I thought was absolute gold. I love it. Thalyssra is my favorite.

Thalyssra. So the Horde sends its sorceress to plunder the treasures of Zin-Azshari–and seize the Tidestone for your warchief, no doubt.
Would you entrust it to Tyrande? Perhaps she needs it to invoke yet another forbidden ritual.
It breaks a queen’s heart to watch her subjects squabble. Such a futile argument. In the end, you will all be mine again–one way or another.
Though our kingdoms stand divided, we share contempt for you, Azshara.
You see? We have found common ground already. Dear children, it is only a matter of time until you kneel before my throne. As a willing subject… or a broken corpse.
So long as Azshara controls the Tidestone, she has the advantage over us.
Its power should be turned against her–not against each other.
Agreed. Perhaps these ruins hold the key to striking down our common foe.

What are your thoughts? Or what do you hope happens to these characters?

Not all are labeled, but I think it is Azsgara and obviously Thalyssra, then perhaps Shandris.

5 Likes

Yay! My hopes came true.

12 Likes

This is very cool, but it is also yet more evidence that Teldrassil was the biggest misstep Blizzard’s writers have ever made in the 15 year history of this game. Ignoring it here seems… awfully convenient.

59 Likes

Well said.
Its like working with the guy that killed your kids (or something equally unforgivable.). How can you bring yourself to do that? Work with people who hurt you so?

11 Likes

It overshadows anything interesting about them joining the Horde by having them join during the Mists of Pandaria faction plotline.

Unknown_Female: By the moon, I have not seen this land for centuries.
Unknown_Female: Still, Azshara’s touch lingers here. She would have our people in ruin just like the Horde, a decision for which I will not stand.
Unknown_Female: Tyrande, you have already done much for our people in Darkshore, perhaps it would be best to let someone else handle things here?
Unknown_Female: No, for the times ahead we will need to unite as we did once before, I will not cower away from the maddened queen like Thalyssra’s people did. The Kaldorei stand proud.

More text is still being found. I am sure it won’t just be abandoned…we already have text saying Teldrassil will have justice.

9 Likes

Right.
Sylvanas right?
All on her lonesome carried those catapults on her back and burned the tree down.

Poor innocent Horde was just chilling back in their condo sipping coffee.

23 Likes

The War of Thorns was preformed by Shatterspear and Forsaken and of them the ones who used the catapults were the Shatterspear. The Shatterspear were the ones who burned the whole Tree using their Arcane Fires and Shamanism.

Hopefully Sylvanas and the Shatterspear both go down in the Final Raid of BfA.

Funny I saw a lot of Orcs, Tauren, Blood Elves in that army.
Afterall this was the FULL FORCE of the Horde gathered there.

11 Likes

Didn’t Saurfang literally think up the plan that they used to fight their way there?

3 Likes

I have to give it to Ellinia. Ellinia actually called it.

I was also joking about this, but it turned out true, too:

Unknown_Male: Proudmoore and Shaw risked their lives to rescue Baine? Unexpected.
    Unknown_Female: Is it? Not long ago, Alliance and Horde fought together to liberate Suramar from the Legion.
    Unknown_Male: Cooperation between our sides has been the exception, not the rule. More often, we are at each other's throats.
    Unknown_Female: His life spared for one he saved.
    Unknown_Female: I am sorry for what happened to your people in Dalaran. The response was... Harsh.
    Unknown_Female: Perhaps we do not need to. It might be enough to direct our attacks against Azshara rather than the Alliance.
    Unknown_Male: That plan would infuriate Blightcaller... which makes me like it all the more. Hmm... "It stops when you turn from one another and walk away..."
    Unknown_Female: Yes. We also have a history of setting differences aside to fight greater foes.
    Unknown_Male: A lesson once taught to Jaina Proudmoore and me. Your counsel is wise, Thalyssra. Our focus must be on ending Azshara's reign.
    Unknown_Female: A truce then? We fight Azshara here, not one another.
    Unknown_Male: But if the Alliance undermines our efforts, the flames of war will rise again.

Unknown_Female: For all her lies, Priscilla Ashvane spoke one truth. The war between the Alliance and Horde has kept us distracted. Divided, we have no hope against N’Zoth.
    Unknown_Male: We may have found common cause here in Nazjatar, but the battle still rages beyond these waters. So long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there can be no lasting peace.
    Unknown_Female: The war needs to end, Lor’themar. You know this to be true.
    Unknown_Male: I had hoped that reason would prevail. But the time has come to finish this.
    Unknown_Male: I will tell my people what transpired here. Of how Azshara fell because we stood together. Of the threat rising from the depths, and all that is at stake if we should fail.
    Unknown_Male: Then I will take my place beside Saurfang and Thrall, and pray that the sin’dorei stand with me.

5 Likes

All things aside, I do have to say this was a pretty good burn.

You do you, Tyrande.

12 Likes

Do you forget that the Alliance is built up on the fact that they’ve been hurt by the Horde? From the fall of Stormwind to the bombing of Theramore.
Should the Horde mantle the responsibilities of these actions? They clearly already have with their reformation under thrall, slaying Mannoroth, and taking down Garrosh.

But even between all these things the Alliance and Horde put down their weapons to work with each other. Though what worries me is that this is Tyrande, and not someone else working alongside the Horde, as Tyrande’s personal character arc in bfa doesn’t align with this kind of action.

2 Likes

First time they had Demon Blood excuse.
Second time they had no idea what Garrosh was planning.
Third time Sylvanas said jump and the entire Horde asked how high when it came to burning Teldrassil.

No.
The Horde and Alliance should never team up.
Its like asking Israel to team up with Naz! Germany.

13 Likes

If Israel and Germany had a previous history of teaming up every couple years, sure.

3 Likes

I’m glad the Night Elves haven’t been forgotten for 8.2. I was really worried they were actually going to get sidelined. Hopefully they’ll take a more prominent role. I wish Tyrande was actually present for this one, but Shandris isn’t a poor option either. Nor would Maeiv be.

3 Likes

But they made up for it, and before then the Alliance and Horde worked together in the mean time.

They have in the past despite their hatred for each other. Sure, things like Demon Blood and ignorance of Garrosh’s plans are things that seem like excuses, but in the grand scheme of things those never mattered to the Alliance in the first place. They’ve always been willing to continue past transgressions and place them to the side, with their teeth clenched, to take down a bigger threat.

That is an extreme over-exaggeration, and is not comparable to the burning of Teldrassil.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Israel first had every Naz! official hunted down to the last man before that.
I don’t see the entire Horde leadership going to a Night Elf tribunal and execution. Do you?

How so?

You keep saying they but just be honest and say it.
Alliance.
Its always something the Horde does and the Alliance race has to forgive for the greater good until the Horde does it again.
Over and over.
On and on we go.
Enough already.

Sylvanas wanted to wipe out an entire people and the Horde did it for her.
Sounds pretty similar to me.

You missed my point. Which was that, UNLIKE Israel and Germany, saying they should never team up is dumb because they’ve teamed up, like, 8 times before already.

No matter how much terrible **** the Horde does, when it comes down to a choice between “Team up with these a-holes again, or the world ends.” they’re always going to chose the former. Because any other choice would be stupid.

Israel never teamed up with the Naz!s

And yeah. Horde has plot armor; what else is new?