8.2 Spoilers Elven Sass

That’s my point!

You comparing two nations that team up all the time to two nations that never teamed up doesn’t work.

3 Likes

What doesn’t work is that one nation committed a horrible act of genocide against the other which should make it impossible for those nations to team up.

2 Likes

Israel was in good terms with the people of Germany after the ruling faction was overthrown…

Sure, but the Horde’s been genociding the Alliance since WC1. And they’ve teamed up countless times since then, so why is this time any different?

He did, “This feels like a good war.”

He sended the troops, he ketp the war secret from Baine, he sended the assasins, he was the master mind of the attack to Teldrassil, meanwhile Sylvanas chased Malfurion.

An he axed Malfurion down 2.

So yeah, this plot is idiotic.

12 Likes

Scroll up a little. I already explained how this time it is different.

Too much work.

Dont care. I ain’t repeating myself.

This is to mean that the Horde has had their own troubles based on those past actions. Repercussions more than “made up”, a bit of a misspeaking on my part.

The Horde has done many things, but the Alliance has also done it’s fair share of harm, but I do not mention them because they aren’t really comparable to the same capacity, so in a way you’re right.

But just to line them up: The dwarven imperialism that they’ve shown against the Frostwolves and the Tauren. Stormwindian ships capturing Thrall and shooting down neutral unaffiliated boats. The Battle for Dazar’alor, which was a transgression against the trollish Empire that might have otherwise not joined the Horde.

Aggression begets aggression, and at some point it just becomes aggression for aggression’s sake. The bottom line is the Alliance has done things, and the Horde has done things, and at the end of the day, they can lay them to rest.

But she didn’t, what she did was damage control. Call it genocide or not, the Horde has no stigma with the Night Elves beyond that they’ve allied with the alliance. Perhaps you could point to the trolls, but then what of those that joined the Cenarion Circle?

It’s pretty clear that these are two completely different situations and this part of the conversation should be dropped before you make a fool of yourself.

2 Likes

I’m not exactly thrilled to just forgive the horde but as long as it’s done on Tyrande’s own term and not imposed by Anduin I can dig it.
Tyrande seeks vengance for her people but at least I hope we get to fight/kill/defeat or w/e people responsible for it.
It can show growth on Tyrande. She was fierce and took crap from nobody (not even Elune XD) and went on to kill anyone in her way to get her home back but at the same time she is the chosen one of a Goddess that as has both peaceful and vengeful sides. She unleashed havock to those who posed a threat to the kaldorei but she’s still willing to forgive or at least tolerate those who seek redemption.

Not the ideal story but at least one that can balance both factions without deleting half the player base.

6 Likes

How about no?
Because we have done that before and Blizzard delivered us Teldrassil.
This is not the first time Alliance has turned the other cheek.

Oh right. How silly of me. It wasn’t genocide just regular old damage control!
Silly night elves.

2 Likes

Night Elves would know about burns.

10 Likes

I don’t call it genocide because it wasn’t about the Night Elves, it was about taking down a city. A nation, not a people.

Because if that’s how Blizzard writes it, that is what will happen.
Not that it makes immediately for great writing or anything, but it’s what’s true.

Besides, the Tauren certainly forgave the Alliance quickly enough, despite them wiping out an entire tribe. The Frostwolves seemingly continue to stand away from the Horde despite being open for another attack from the Alliance. Vol’jin was able to set aside the attacks on his people that was made by Kul Tiras, who for all he knew were still apart of the Alliance.

Remarkable how little this distinction matters.

5 Likes

You missed a more recent example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wrath_of_God

British intelligence writer Gordon Thomas wrote that hours before each militant was killed, his family would receive flowers and a condolences card bearing the words “A reminder we do not forget or forgive”.

For me it absolutely does. You can disagree with the actions of a nation, but you can’t really disagree with a race of people.

Can we please peacefully talk about elven sass as suggested by the OP ?

Both of you won’t change the other mind anyway !

9 Likes

They just called me alt-right mass murder apologist.
I’m not continuing conversation with them.

8 Likes

Yeah I am done.

Can’t really talk to those mass murder apologists.

6 Likes

So, Tyrande is actually present, then? Color me mildly impressed.

And good on her for telling it like it is about Thalyssra, again.

8 Likes