8.2 Mount Equipment and Water Strider

Slot is per character.

On the PTR, alts level 100 and up got one free in the mail automatically.

[Anglers’ Water Striders] is BoA .

For alts that need one (because they’re below 100 or used something else and want to switch back) you PROBABLY have to log into your alt with Angler Rep to buy another and mail it to them.

And remember, a character can only carry ONE at a time, they’re ‘unique’.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Well, think it is free once, not 100% sure, but it is free for characters above level 100. But the one below level 100, can’t purchase it, and in order to purchase it for those below level 100, gotta have reputation for The Anglers.

1 Like

If I felt they were useful… I’d rather pay more for a stackable version than have to take the 10 minute trip to get to the rep vendor in MoP each time I need one.

But to me they’re garbage… so I don’t care.

1 Like

They took functionality away so they could sell it back to you.

And they wonder why we grill them so much.

5 Likes

Heh, true, but uh… every patch they “take all my gear away” so I can “get new gear” in effect, don’t they? Just how the game works. I’m not rocking an Artifact weapon on my 120s, for example - and I put WAY more work into my artifact weapons than the water strider… just sayin.

1 Like

Hence the reason they call it ‘mount equipment’ to prepare us for having to spend thousands to replace it whenever they spin the great wheel of inconvenience.

4 Likes

I just don’t like it being taken when I farmed the rep,for it.Just not right.

3 Likes

See, that’s a relatively new thing too, and I’m against it as well.

Great gear shouldn’t be rendered obsolete by WQ blues every patch, that’s stupid on many levels.

Yeah, but comparing a mount to gear isn’t really a relevant way to argue against. Artifact weapons were a feature of Legion. The Water Striders are a mount. 2 different things.

2 Likes

I love it when players and/or Blizzard now think it is ok to tell players what they should/should not, can/cannot ride as their mount in the game.

Does that REALLY sound ok with you?

If this is OK, what will be “OK” next?
Can I wear what I want, or will Blizz, or other players tell me I can’t wear something in the game. Will there be a nerf-change to keep me from using my fav pet in the future if players, or Blizzard decide that they don’t like me using it “too much” because other players are “tired of looking at it”?

The opposition here is really setting itself up for all kinds of future changes that they, too, may not like, but it is only a game and only money being spent and time being invested by players who are reaching the limit of being able to trust anything in this game any more.

I have already determined that I will not work too hard at anything any more. Any motivation left, to do more than modest and casual progression FOR FUN ONLY any more, is gone for me in this game.

Why work for something that Blizzard might decide that they do not want me to have any more, or that other players may actually side with Blizz to take away from me.

Just not fun any more.

This is not the first time things like this have happened and the way that the players have folded on this have helped to assure that Blizzard will not even blink, or think twice about anything the next time they want to take something away, or nerf something that you like to death.

I suggest that water strider owners start posting lots of thread of complaint about all of the other mounts that offer something special and different and, like many here, keep on making the point that diversity and special things are not wanted in the game any more.
We want every mount to be the same, but just look a bit different.
Just don’t make it too different, because special is a set up to be targeted for nerfing in this game.

It use to be fascinating to see all of the different classes, that are now more and more homogenized and the diversity of mounts, with many different abilities and uses, which are now at the tipping point of not being acceptable any more.

Why is it ok to nerf my mount, but leave so many other mounts, with diverse abilities, in the game?

Blizzard just keeps egging me on to wonder if they really dislike their players so much that they keep intentionally ticking them off, one group at a time, or if they are really this naïve.

I know I am not a happy player any more and I have been here for a long time and spent a ton of money on this game.

I am not, however, a dungeoneer and raider any more. That does put me on Blizzard’s bad list these days, I guess.

For how much longer…I don’t know. Maybe not for so long.

7 Likes

Just saying that if you pull back, Bliz is basically re-selling you WoW as a game all the time on many levels. They take away class abilities, then give some back a different way (artifacts, azerite - those are just class abilities hidden in a different system), gear gets reworked, etc.

If they open up mount equipment to 2 slots, then 3, then I’m going to be dancing in the streets - so maybe that’s one reason I like the new system, it’s a great foundation for better things to come.

Give me 5 mount equipment slots and I will gladly pay on each character for each equipment… no questions.

I figure the folks who think it’s cool also think it’s the epitome of clever when, say, a rogue is named “Holypally.”

Really you saw one? where i need a screen shot for my collection.

Yeah I agree. But even with class designs being base around artifacts is poor game design. And thought the devs would’ve learnt that by now. But why do it to our mounts? Blizzard is just being making a lot of poor descissions and well, it is really what is killing the game.

I highly doubt they would do that though. But it isn’t the fact that I am fully against the Mount Equipment system, it is mainly I just think the way they are implementing it is a terrible idea.

And removing the water walking passives from the Water Strider is an extremely bad idea.

1 Like

Don’t worry, they’ll give you a free on-use item in the mail that totally doesn’t make up for it, even though we know they can exclude mounts because the Sky Golem isn’t affected.

Yet, all bringing this up would do is get the golem nerfed, instead of addressing the problem we want solved.

Ok. For me, taking Reaping away and adding Beguiling looks like a colossal mistake that will totally crush the game. Not even kidding. That’s a bad, bad thing with wide-ranging, game-crushing results. (Quote me later, this is going to get reworked several times as Bliz sees people stop playing M+. I’m very worried my entire guild will stop - I just got them into reaper and we like it, but beguiling is a no-thanks). The mount? People will just get the equip and move on, I just don’t see it as game-crushing.

I agree,alot of disappointment.Now ,I’m looking at the whole situation with disgust ,rather than being happy going long the way.And sadden by Blizzards decision floating shoes doesn’t replace the hard work in a rep grind.

1 Like

I only use the mount to cross water, as the light intended.

4 Likes

I dunno what you mean about that, but if you’re talking about Mount Equipment, everyone does see it differently. You may not see it as game crushing, and some others do, but in the end, we all see it as opinions at this point.

But the thing I really disagree on is putting my work to earn that mount to do what it was designed to do put to waste.

2 Likes