8.2.5 Spoiler Thread

I BETTER get a Tyrande loyalist option because this is some bs. I’m pretty sure Tyrande is going to die seeing as how Blizzard has slowly killed off all of my hope (pun intended) but i don’t see Tyrande getting cinematics dealing with her pain, or hell even Malfurion, those are for characters like Jaina and Saurfang! This honestly breaks my heart seeing as i’ve adored Tyrande and she’s been my favorite for such a long time but i guess i just need to wait and see <3

Booooo hissssss

13 Likes

I just saw that event in-game.

What’s the boo and hiss?

Just being dramatic about the potential of Calia ending up as the leader of the Forsaken.

10 Likes

It’s going to be Baine, but it needs to be Thrall or Lor’themar.

2 Likes

I thought she be leader of the “Redeemed Undead” Allied Race.

So on the bright side… At least Eitrigg isn’t holding a grudge.

1 Like

How nice we’re doing stupid social calls.

Could be, but they are still a “maybe, maybe not” while the Forsaken are currently leaderless and need big changes after losing Sylvanas.

I thank the OP. I probably wont get a good sit at these quests until tomorrow.

Thats good. I like Eitrigg. One of the few characters I can still say that about.

4 Likes

Horde can apparently see the same conversation if they talk to Voss, at least according to the Wowhead comments. Seems like we have Calia’s first two subjects.

Okay. I’m going to try to be objective about this. I’m not secretive about my dislike for the story…

But I’m glad that’s the breath of the civil conflict. I was super afraid we’re going to have another civil war, even if it didn’t lead to a raid. Saurfang sacrificing himself to avert a full blown civil war is actually better than what I was going to think would happen.

So there, I’ll give props. The conflict resolved better than I thought it would.

But Sylvanas’ freak out was weird. A little out of character. She also ditches everything. I guess that’s how we answer how the Forsaken stay in the Horde, Sylvanas just abandoned them as well? Horde is probably all they have now.

I’m also not convinced the Alliance should be okay with this. Anduin and Jaina. sure, and some others. But Tyrande and Genn. I feel like they should still want the Horde gone.

Sylvanas is obviously not done. I can’t quite tell if she’s the Gul’dan/Garrosh of the expansion, survives to lead us into the next one, or if she’s more akin to Illidan, and there’s a greater role at store.

On the bright side, her ef-fing off already has me more motivated to play Horde.

It also seems like they are increasing faction communication, not removing factions, from that speach. At this point of the story, I’d rather the factions remain. Wait a while longer before we melt them entirely, the Alliance and Horde aren’t ready.

Random thought, but neutral Allied Race?

Taking the stance that the factions remain, which seems like how they are going about it. It would fit with Calia’s whole “They are BOTH my people!” stance. Forsaken on Horde and living on Alliance. Let you pick.

You mean all Forsaken posters? I’m a Forsaken poster and I trash talk Sylvanas all the time.

3 Likes

Well there are some Night Elves present when the combined Horde/Alliance forces attack Orgrimmar, so not all Night Elves decided to decline the call for cooperation like Tyrande did.

But yeah, Tyrande is definitely being set up as an antagonist for later stuff. Seems she hasn’t had enough of her revenge.

Now that’s interesting. No allied race’s introduction has been made available to both factions. It makes me think this is less seeding a new allied race and more seeding the new undead faction leader.

2 Likes

tfw you’re winning a Mok’Gora, have the support of the majority of your faction, and are tantalisingly close to stomping out a rebellion but you also have a love for monologuing needlessly and throwing tantrums :skull:

21 Likes

25 Likes

Based on the Sylvanas loyalist end-dialogue, I’m going full “the Shadowlands leak is genuine”, minus the 8.3 stuff.

Looks like it might be real boys.

Sadly I didn’t think to SS it.

It’s curious we get this loyalist ending with Sylvanas. Why not just have her abandon us with the rest of the Horde and rip the band-aid off now? Was that cutscene the reward for following her? It did at least give us a peak at what she is up to. Will staying loyal bear any other story differences in the future?

Wait do loyalists fight Eitrigg or something?