8.2.5 Discussions (Spoilers Ahoy!)

Her nelf booby bounce really breaks the immersion though.

“What are we if not slaves to this torment?” bounce bounce bounce

7 Likes

There’s basically nothing nelf-related that’s not somewhat spoiled by that. Shandris doing it always makes me facepalm.

3 Likes

You’re all just envious because your idle animations are just looking from left to right or maybe rolling a shoulder, if you’re lucky.

2 Likes

Anywho, back on the thread topic, has anybody who follows the news a lot more carefully than I heard when-ish we can expect 8.2.5? I’m exalted with the two new zones and thus out of stuff to do that I care about.

As a guess, given that it’s up on PTR, it’ll be like 2 months away.

I hope it’s less, but that’s kinda been the model in BFA.

Spoken like someone who has never tried to play transmog Barbie dress-up with a female Forsaken.

NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING, STOP TURNING YOUR ENTIRE BODY TO LOOK LEFT AND RIGHT EVERY FIVE SECONDS

5 Likes

I would expect it to launch with WoW’s Anniversary, since I think there was anniversary stuff wrapped up in the package somewhere.

If I had to take a stab in the dark I’d say some time in October.

This is based solely on the fact that FFXIVs 5.1 is likely launching then and Blizzard typically has releases coincide with its competition like that.

I know it’s dumb and very silly but y’know what will make or break the bee mount for me is whether or not it has a walking animation. I really dislike flying mounts that lack a ground/walk animation, something about it puts me off so much.

I’d love the bat mount since it’s such an on brand Forsaken (and troll) mount but it bothers me so much it doesn’t have a walking animation. It’s so petty and picky but it bothers me!!!

If it does, I hope the /mountspecial is a bee dance! :smile:

Ohhh I would love that!! I’d create a macro and just spam that while I idle around the mail box or something!

Even better–get people to make a bee train and we’ll have an army of line-dancing bees! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

The biggest problem in WoW is this damned body-twist! xD

So, looks like all the faction leaders in 8.2.5 have left the embassy halls, leaving the Pandaren leaders and allied races behind while they presumably go do Sylvanas-stopping things.

It happened, guys. It finally happened.

The Lore Hole. It’s real.

7 Likes

To me, Nelf bounce has always looked like a 4 year old who needs to go potty.

Maybe Aysa can keep Captain Fareeya company down there. :frowning:

Going somewhere else to sit around a be window dressing, they’re really moving up in the world.

I agree, but two things:

1. You cannot comprehend the giggles I get imagining something that big, that bright and covered in glowing runic tattoos trying to be stealthy.

2. Flipping the above point around, they might actually be the best Rogues because they might be able to use the innate Light magic in their bodies to literally bend light around themselves, Yautja/Predator style.

On the subject of making Humans interesting in fantasy? Don’t make them european, and don’t make them the dominant species in the setting. Look at Human history. Now throw magic into that, throw ‘fantastic racism’ into the mix and have Humanity rubbing shoulders with races that are capable of flipping cars one-handed or innate magical abilities that can fry you with a glance and yeah, Humanity is either that red-haired step-child at the family table or they become the Halflings of the Setting. They’re everywhere, but they kind of don’t have any real political power or influence because they’d good at everything but not great at anything.

OK this is amazing and I want this.

Also they would wear cute little booties on their hooves to prevent any cloppity sounds

To me the racial restrictions just feel unrealistic at this point. When something is particularly effective people try and copy it. Nearly every race on Azeroth would have been rushing to develop their own druids years ago.

Death knights might be the only real exception, hard to get volunteers for that, but they were raising new death knights all the time last expansion.

1 Like