8.2.5 Discussions (Spoilers Ahoy!)

You should *see me, I’m basically an Ogre rogue/Yowie IRL. It can be done. The best part about being a sneaky giant is scaring the wind out of your targets with a :slight_smile: hi!

Interesting.

If Shadowlands ends up being real and they have Sylvanas using Genocide for heroic reasons Im going to laugh myself into a maigraine everytime I log into FFXIV

4 Likes

Please, don’t hurt yourself like that.

On the whole, the leak sounds cool. I’ll be ignoring the Sylvanas crap because the rest sounds legitimately cool.

The Shadowlands sounds interesting - I’d be keen for Kel’thuzad to return.

Even if Sylvanas did do it for heroic reasons though, I can’t see any of my toons being like “Oh yeah, fair enough then.” Like… No. Sylvanas was murdering people en masse. That’s not heroic under any circumstances.

7 Likes

The issue is that Blizzard would play it as everyone forgives her and anyone still holding a grudge is bad and crazy

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of too, I can almost see Anduin scolding people for not forgiving Sylvanas now.

4 Likes

If any faction leader forgives Sylvanas then I’m going to eat too much ice cream the day of that leak.

2 Likes

“Azeroth is freeeeeee,” Sylvanas wails as a grateful night elf population applauds.

11 Likes

Considering their take away from WoD is “now Yrel is crazy and Grom is total bada^@ hero that everyone loves even Durotans daughter cause hes so awesome”

I see this as a distinct possibility

2 Likes

I mean, the Horde faction leaders forgiving Sylvanas isn’t that unreasonable. The Alliance leaders should want her dead until the game shuts down.

If I’m reading the leak right it looks like the factional forces in the shadowlands have Sylvanas backed by Helya and Tyrande backed by Elune. So there is still the possibility no one on the Alliance side will have to forgive Sylvanas.

Ugh, the shadow lands are full of all the old dead major characters… that’s a bit disappointing. Especially Rhonin.

Blizzard have become the masters of taking cool concepts (bonus points if its something the community has been looking forward to for years) and ruining (or at least doing their damndest to try to ruin) it with the most offensively awful story possible.

7 Likes

So you’re saying we’re definitely getting a heartfelt cinematic where Tyrande forgives Sylvanas?

1 Like

“Genocide is okay, sometimes.” - Ion Hazzikostas, apparently

7 Likes

Even if Sylvanas did do all of this for supposedly heroic reasons, it’s stupid reasoning.

I mean, we’re the adventurers of Azeroth. We literally go everywhere there’s a threat to this world, even two versions of Draenor, and the homeworld of the Burning Legion itself.

Sylvanas could’ve just asked for some volunteers to fight her Shadowlands battle and we woulda been so down, without her having to murder everyone.

6 Likes

Yes it is, but it will not surprise me if Blizzard dictates that they shall do so.

It really is.

Thrall? Sylvanas chained up his best friend’s son and was going to kill him for doing what was right.

Lor’themar? His people are on the brink of extinction (somehow? Supposedly?) and Sylvanas is throwing them into another war just to get dead bodies?

Baine? Literally tried to kill him. DID kill Zelling. Might come after his people.

Saurfang? Assuming he doesn’t die? Sent assassins after Thrall and… well. She caused BFA.

Mayla? Going after her kin, showing her what Sylvanas is like.

Thalyssra? Pledges her people to the Horde just to be used in a stupid war.

Geya’rah? Pledged her people to the Horde. Trusted in Sylvanas. Just to find out that she’s doing the same thing Yrel was doing. Just with undeath.

Gallywix… … … yeah, no, he’ll act mad, but you can pay him off.

There’s really no reason to forgive Sylvanas. The best thing she’s done for them, honestly, is give them a conquest or accept them into the Horde. War is fine in the Horde’s eyes. Blatantly throwing lives away? That’s vile.

Edit: Spacing.
Addition: But, I still feel like she’s gonna be praised as a hero and I feel like I’m still going to be disappointed. Even while preparing for it.

9 Likes

That’s my worry too.

In truth, if somehow fighting some war in the Shadowlands IS her reasoning for starting this war, I don’t care. Fair enough. Good for Sylvanas. At least she’s got a reason.

But ICly, and even OOCly, I’m not going to regard Sylvanas as a hero. Whatever her motivations, she still has proven herself to be more violent and extreme than Garrosh, and thus needs to go down.

1 Like

Ok, forgive was too strong a word.

But, all of those issues are a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the Alliance’s issues with her.

I don’t think any of the horde leaders except maybe Thrall were ever under the impression that the forsaken were good people or that they had shared values with Sylvanas.

Yeah: “Oh, we’re so sorry for ever doubting you Sylvanas!” would be stupid.

But: “We’re going to begrudgingly continue working with Sylvanas because we don’t feel we have a choice.” is more in line with what I was thinking.