8.2.5 Content Update Notes

Bird bois (Arakkoa) getting some kind of nod, at least, with the Solar Sphere in Ashran. :bird:

PERMANENT FLOWER CROWNS?! OMG. /excited capslock

ā€¦ will the quest for making them permanent be available when the patch drops, or not until next Lunar Festival?

1 Like

I canā€™t define fun for you, itā€™s also subjective.

I donā€™t doubt itā€™ll be temporary and weā€™ll at least go for the AOTC mount for the expac, but this month no oneā€™s showing up because theyā€™re mostly in Classic.

And Iā€™m in Gungeon. In fact, I check my Bnet just to make sure no oneā€™s showing up so I can keep going.

Anyone know: The anniversary event ilvl requirement (380) pretty much means we canā€™t dip into Legiondaries, could we?

But we could dig up our DMD: Fathoms? might be too low.

Edit: OOH. Just tried this same set Iā€™m wearing, but equipped Duskwalkerā€™s Foodpads and Ravenholdtā€™s signet, 406 baby! It could fly!

Iā€™ve never bought that though. The mythic jump usually involves higher boss health, higher damage to players, and then MAYBE one or two mechanics tuned specifically around 20 people (often an extra mythic mechanic has little relevance to the specific number of people and just impacts a fight in other generic ways), but even with the ones really tailored to the specific number of 20 people, a creative designer could probably easily adjust it to be dynamically applied, just as they do with normal and heroic mechanics applying to flex sizes.

Itā€™s true that a single size does allow the tuning to be ā€œtighterā€ around an encounter, cause how could it not? The question is - how much value is there in that extra tightness? I doubt much value, outside of maybe the first two or three weeks of a tier when all the world-first race stuff is going on.

I do get that a lot of people care a lot about the extra tightness in tuning though for those weeks, and Blizzard cares an absolute metric ton about things like the world first race. Personally, I think the ideal approach would be something like this:

1. Keep it locked to 20-man, linked to the ā€œHall of Fameā€ achievement slots all being taken up (typically that achievement has granted a special title to the people who got it). So the world first race, and the vast majority of ā€œrealm firstā€ achievements - would all take place within the 20-man tuning.

2. Make it flexible size afterwards. The number of Hall of Fame slots would probably be ideally set at a number where this would kick in at, say, 1/3 through the life cycle of the raid tier. (You wouldnā€™t want a situation that exists like right now, where that trigger will just never happen because there arenā€™t enough Cutting Edge Alliance mythic guilds left standing to finish it). There will always be the incentive to get to a healthy, 20-man roster to get those coveted Hall of Fame titles, but also the safety net that if you canā€™t manage to field 20 people (for whatever reason), it wonā€™t lead to a cascading collapse in attendance, and the people who come will still get to progress to the general mythic rewards at the end. I donā€™t think anyone can deny that cascading failure is a common phenomena - that the impact of falling back below that critical threshold when youā€™re in the middle of a mythic tier cascades into more absences, departures, and demoralization.

Iā€™m sure there are other creative solutions people could come up with. I just think the current game is designed around a ridiculous mismatch in logistic reality.

Typically, games function on the reverse principal of WoW - you normally either increase the skill required or increase the number of people required, not both, and youā€™ll often decrease one if you increase the other. WoW functions on the opposite rule, that you need to increase the number of people you have while ALSO increasing the individual skill required (leaving aside coordinating people, the general individual skill needed goes up, just as it does when going from Normal to Heroic). Itā€™s really counter-intuitive, and I think itā€™s had long-term negative effects.

1 Like

Lol when the gameā€™s bugs mirror the actual gameplayā€¦

Looks like weā€™re going to the Dragon Islands, boys.

Thanks, I see some I like the rest I donā€™t, Canā€™t please all. Just do one thing an opt-out for the ending of war campaign on Horde. My OCD and GAD can not handle all the inconsistency. i do that part it going to send in overdrive, If i can not ended without doing it. i go nuts just to end it.

Parts I like bug fixes and Ui, One in UI I love. The rest works itself out.

Here my likes
Class color and faction icon now display in the Character Select screen.
Warlocks who are interrupted while casting a Fire school spell or Chaos Bolt with an imp pet active can again use Command Demon to force their imp to use Singe Magic while locked out from spell casting.
The chicken critters loitering in front of Ironforge can again be slaughtered.

• Players who leave ā€œMake Loh Goā€ before completing it are no longer swarmed by enemies.
  • The quest item Talanjiā€™s Mojo is now correctly removed from a characterā€™s inventory when leaving the active area during ā€œDonā€™t Stalk Me, Troll.ā€
  • Certain Prismatic Crystals in Nazjatar are now easier to interact with.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from seeing the Bansheeā€™s Wail in Port of Zandalar.
  • A hole in the Imperial Gardens has been covered up. (way to ruin the fun)
  • Players should no longer get stuck while exploring Chitterspine Caverns.
1 Like

So, 2 patch in a row you touch glimmer and i agree it was needed. Anything on resto druid yet? it is well documented that every top tier groups takes them 90% ( probably 85 %) of the time. Yet, still nothing on that regardā€¦ Why is that? Just remove some of the utilities, I donā€™t think the healing is really the issue there. Switch ursol vortex and mighty bash ā€¦ Having access to typhoon and vortex is a big issue. Could also reduce the mastery healing, but only in dungeon.

You guys destroyed b dk, nerfed prot warrior, nerf outlaw rogue, and still, in season 3, NOTHING on resto druid. This is really interesting ā€¦ And you guys donā€™t say a word on it either. Lots of non-resto druid main switched, I almost did it too, but I prefer my paladin gameplay, as Iā€™m sure others also prefer whatever their main healer is.

Can you guys say anything on that or will you guys keep being silent on that matter? Hello? Blizzard??? HALP.

6 Likes

Yeah this be one of the things I be disappointed with.

I be hoping for this! :sparkles:

It would be a major draw for me to level an Alliance alt if this is true. I do want the bee mount but it would be a pain if only my Alliance alt could use it.

2 Likes

Not only do their heals/utility alone go ā€˜noticeably overpowered,ā€™ but even the beguiling affixes revolve around ā€˜requiringā€™ a rdruidā€“or at least 98% of groups requiring them, because it makes things WAY easier, or possible, when theyā€™d be next-to-impossible or far more difficult with anything else.

Next thing we know, the few good things about even hpal will get nerfed, all the while, rdruids again going unnoticed. Itā€™s really an unfair issue as a wholeā€“you even hear groups and rdruids themselves talking about how ā€˜unfairā€™ certain things are that are in their toolkit, while the rest of us have nothing.

Give other healing classes some utility and power tooā€¦ seeing something other than rogues and rdruids dominating in MDI would be a good time, too.

4 Likes

Why bother doing that with mercenaries in bgs? I noticed last bg week the Alliance was winning far more then the Horde, sure I main Alliance toons, but I like my Horde toons to have wins too, so it seemed nessacary to do mercenary especially if you want that quest finished.

Should have been left alone.

1 Like

Wait, arenā€™t you like 2.5k IO on your pally? Kinda surprised your group didnā€™t ditch you for one of ā€˜ā€™ them ā€˜ā€™.

Iā€™m to a point where, Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s because they donā€™t know how to adress this issue, because YES it is an issue or is it becauseā€¦ I just cannot come with an answer. I love this game, Iā€™m one of these crazy guy that actually like BFA, yeah, imagine that. Iā€™m really passionate about the game and m+. But this ā€¦ Iā€™m out of word and as you know by now, Iā€™m never out of word and always trying to find ways to improve our gameplay, whether itā€™s some weird essences combo ( crucible major btw, or even before just suggesting you to try it as a minor ) , offensive trinket such as LURE or the other two that can drop from TEP.

I mean, weā€™re kinda lucky I guess as pally because we bring lots of the good stuff as well ( dps is really strong, probably the best burst healing dps when wings/holy avenger are paired together ), bop is so good ( insta necro reset, cheesing mechanic that does physical damage, bubble , blessing of sacrifice , but it goes un-noticed by most of the pugs community because, well, we arenā€™t r druid. Until they are tired of waiting or they are just tired of getting bad re roll r druid that do like 5k dps and arenā€™t using core ability such as soothe for raging or hibernate on teeming weeks on beasts. Anywaysā€¦ Iā€™m sure people are already tired of my complain about this but,not once did a dev adress this, so I keep trying to get an answerā€¦ And yes, I know the definition of insane. Iā€™m insane and I admit it, even enjoy it, most of the time.

Pugs asking for r druid in 10-11-12-13ā€™ keys. Iā€™m getting declined in these ranged of keys sometime. At first , it was frustrating but by now, I laugh and use my contemplation ability wishing them good luck.

Yep, never out of word, as you can see :wink:

1 Like

They have far more important things to fix in BFA than adding more playable joke races.

I would level one also. I am hoping they are going to treat the bee like the Pterrordax mount.

As a main disc priest ive been struggling with the same issue, hit 2200+ io this season and its getting really difficult to even push unless you are a resto druid, im gearing my brewmaster monk now because im not enjoying not being to run keys because of my class, I love disc to bits but I guess monk will be more fun till things change

1 Like

I was disc for a long timeā€¦ Never to your level of skills, but I have fond memories with disc. Mind controlling mobs or player into lava or to there death lol. The old atonement systemā€¦

Kinda sad when you get top 30ish player of their respective spec going to an other class/role because of the utilities imbalance, no? Iā€™m sure you arenā€™t the only one, like I said in previous post.

I just wish we could get one of the Dev to talk to us about thisā€¦ They explained why with prot warrior, blood dk and outlaw rogue, so they showed that they are willing to explain the WHY behind the nerf or the non-nerfā€¦

Dude, what is the deal with yā€™alls pirate obsession? Do you guys need to talk about it?

(PS bring back Combat, thanks.)

I feel like there should be some kind of darn it whats it calledā€¦that thingā€¦you knowā€¦the stuff you get with a patch.

o ya i remember

Content? maybe even a even slightest number dial turning thing you talked about doing.

I feel like retail is this cat you have had for like 6- idk 15 years and one day you come home with a new baby kitten. When in reality the baby kitten is just a younger version of yourself and the owner is enjoying what you used to be like before you got lazy, fat, boring.